Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 8th 2008, 4:47 am

Yep. and if we did switch, we'd lose all of our posts and members. But, it would probably take less than a few months to build back up to the current stats.
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 8th 2008, 8:02 am

Ooh, another thing! surprised
When you make a post, then make a small quick edit to it, it says you can't make a new post so quickly after a previous one and then you have to wait for a while so you can submit the changes. sad

I mean, I can understand not being able to make new posts so quickly, but it's only an edit happy
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 8th 2008, 8:05 am

@randomus_r, I'm afraid i can't do anything about that :x, see many things can't be changed
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 8th 2008, 8:16 am

oh, okay wink Maybe it'll teach me to actually look at my posts before I submit them tongue
StupidGirl

StupidGirl

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 8th 2008, 12:25 pm

you wouldnt lose everything from these forums. you can export your database from the forum admin, and then every major forum software have ways to convert and import from other major forum software. i did a phpbb to smf forums and it was super easy. smf is really nice free forum software.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 8th 2008, 2:55 pm

i think i would prefer older GPL IPB though... and yeah i just read that, even a full phpBB board would be LOADS better than this... i say we go for it.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 8th 2008, 4:48 pm

@StupidGirl, if you can believe the host doesn't under any circumstance give out databases, its complete shoot from there on confused.

Anyone wanna refound GGUI with a fresh IPB board? happy
StupidGirl

StupidGirl

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 8th 2008, 4:56 pm

in the forum's admin there should be an option to export the database. you dont need phpMyAdmin access or anything. its just a way of making a backup of your forums in case of a crash.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 8th 2008, 5:12 pm

Under french law code *** (wow, they take this so seriously), forumotion reservers the right to restrict withdrawal of forum databases, this is one of the worst things about it
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 9th 2008, 5:00 am

haha, I delete one reply... it's for various reasons that might close down the forum from us confused
Markoz

Markoz

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 9th 2008, 1:33 pm

If I use the quick login the sessions re shorter. If I close the tab and go back I have to log in again. With my Quick login it seems to have a slightly longer session for me.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 9th 2008, 1:34 pm

what reply was is?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 9th 2008, 1:53 pm

@Markoz, you have to use the galaxygui.forumotion.com url, if you go to galaxygui.com you're not logged in anymore.

Btw, due to special circumstances, when you login you are automatically redirected to the www url, so change your boomark wink
ProdigyBombay

ProdigyBombay

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 9th 2008, 2:38 pm

we need a chat box happy
Markoz

Markoz

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 9th 2008, 2:58 pm

SbuxBlaze wrote:
@Markoz, you have to use the galaxygui.forumotion.com url, if you go to galaxygui.com you're not logged in anymore.

Btw, due to special circumstances, when you login you are automatically redirected to the www url, so change your boomark wink

I'll make sure I do this. wink
Goobacks

Goobacks

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 10th 2008, 6:41 am

I know Sbux said that it's near impossible to have forumotion give out the database, but I thought I would chime in anyway with a tutorial in case it would help somehow.
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/forums/7938-make-working-backup-your-site-using-phpmyadmin.html
Btw, i'm not advertising or anything, just a really helpful tutorial from a site I visit.

And, I'm not making any promises at all here, but I may be able to set up a new forum for you, but it will depend on how this week goes lol.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 10th 2008, 7:10 am

@Goobacks, would you really be able to set up a new forum for us?
I now know that a backup is IMPOSSIBLE. But starting over on a normal host would not be bad at all... I'd simply create a redirect to the new forums and recreate some topics and forums.
Goobacks

Goobacks

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 10th 2008, 2:14 pm

Thing is I've been planning on buying some hosting for myself that includes unlimited everything basically. The only drawback is 2 years of payment is required upfront, but after my next paycheck (not this thursday coming up, but the next one) I should be able to buy it.
And when I do I can use part of it for a forum, all you would need to do is pay for the domain name. But you may see google adsense on the forums if it gets set up, cause you know, if you have the chance to make money why not right? lol

But yea give me 2 weeks and I'll give you an official word on if I'll do it. Cause working at walmart don't pay as much as i would like lol.
Also, what forum software is wanted? phpbb v3?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 10th 2008, 2:53 pm

i wonder, would any ipb or vbulletin be possible?
Goobacks

Goobacks

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 10th 2008, 3:00 pm

Well, those both cost money, so idk. I personally wouldn't pay for it lol. But if you could get donations going for it or pay it yourself go for it. lol

I mean you could get nulled versions of them, but if caught using a nulled version then the site gets shut down...and i wouldn't want that
ironicall

ironicall

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 10th 2008, 3:19 pm

SbuxBlaze wrote:
i wonder, would any ipb or vbulletin be possible?

I woudl be willing to go halfs on the ipb standard license which is $149.
Also seeing as most here have a devart acount you might want to see about adding
some devart bbcode as seen on this forum devart bbcode
Goobacks

Goobacks

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 10th 2008, 3:34 pm

Well I personally would go with vbulletin if money was to be spent, it's the best forum software out there in my opinion. But hey it's up to you guys lol.
But I have to go work and make money for the hosting lulz, so you guys talk amongst yourselves. I'll be back around 11pm PST and will post my opinions/answers to questions and what not that you guys come up with lol.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 11th 2008, 4:48 am

@Goobacks, you possibly live in california?
Goobacks

Goobacks

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 11th 2008, 5:05 am

Nope arizona, we don't do the whole daylight savings thing so our time zone shifts.
Right now we are on cali's time, in the fall we will be on mountain time lol
Goobacks

Goobacks

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1August 12th 2008, 10:07 pm

Just thought I'd let you know which hosting I'm going with
http://www.bluehost.com/tell_me_more.html
Unlimited Storage, and Unlimited Bandwidth happy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Information :: Feedback and Suggestions -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com