Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Vide
PostSubject: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 6th 2008, 10:21 am

Well, I'm pretty much out of ideas on what to improve on the site, so I want to hear from you guys. What do you not like, what do you like the most and what should we add to get more visitors?
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 6th 2008, 11:08 am

Big up on tutorials sections!

*Credit on the idea to Sakuvien happy

Last edited by BOyOfWONDEr on August 6th 2008, 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
ProdigyBombay

ProdigyBombay

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 6th 2008, 11:22 am

a chat room happy?
parry

parry

Subscriber
Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 6th 2008, 11:35 am

I like the chat room idea smile
h i s o k a

h i s o k a

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 6th 2008, 11:55 am

chat room, thanks for the idea
StupidGirl

StupidGirl

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 6th 2008, 12:13 pm

i would love to be able to view the forums on my ipod touch. last i tried, it crashed mobile safari. are there any mobile plugins for this forum software?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 6th 2008, 2:27 pm

@StupidGirl, does it still not work?
Sakuvien

Sakuvien

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 6th 2008, 5:24 pm

BOyOfWONDEr wrote:
Big up on tutorials sections!
happy Thanks! (That was my idea! smile )
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 7th 2008, 7:47 am

TUTORIALS SECTION! why did u delete it mate? :'( also, i was also thinking about developing a sort of mobile version or the site.... it might take a while and would require a lot of help from people... or just help from google ahushaus

http://thebogles.com/downloads/subSilver_mobile.zip
Sakuvien

Sakuvien

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 7th 2008, 8:05 am

alxmarcond wrote:
TUTORIALS SECTION! why did u delete it mate? :'(
:x sad crying crying crying
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 7th 2008, 8:18 am

Look before you complain.. tongue The tutorials section is a subforum in customization help - makes sense no? wink
@alxmarcond, how would we make a mobile version? :undecided:, this host doesnt let us do anything
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 7th 2008, 8:35 am

HTML pages mate wink all we do is make a HUGE div tag that takes up the whole page and go from there.... it would take a LONG time i think though... we could just rip code from that subsilver mobile thing i posted though wink
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 7th 2008, 8:37 am

Here's the problem with the host AGAIN LOL. They use a custom version of phpbb.... i tried copying a normal phpbb templates code once and... well... the forum didn't work
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 7th 2008, 8:41 am

doesnt matter!!! we just make the huge division on the HTML page and use our OWN modded phpBB... understand?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 7th 2008, 9:58 am

I do, but it DOES matter. The host once again does not allow us to edit .php files.

Heres the problem:

FOR EXAMPLE - Phpbb uses {SHOW_MESSAGE} for showing a message in a topic while the modded version is {VIEW_MESSAGE}, and the settings and layouts are different
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 7th 2008, 12:17 pm

Is it possible to change the thread markers?
Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Changey
Like, them? I think some better ones (that are easier to understand too, those confuse me and don't really represent anything tongue) would improve the look of the site loads wink
Markoz

Markoz

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 7th 2008, 1:01 pm

randomus_r wrote:
Like, them? I think some better ones (that are easier to understand too, those confuse me and don't really represent anything tongue) would improve the look of the site loads wink

crying haha just kidding.
This is my design and I have already made updates on the sticky and announcement icons. I wonder why they weren't updated here.
StupidGirl

StupidGirl

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 7th 2008, 1:32 pm

your host wont let you use phpbb addons or plugins? that makes no sense.
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 7th 2008, 2:01 pm

Markoz wrote:
randomus_r wrote:

crying haha just kidding.
This is my design and I have already made updates on the sticky and announcement icons. I wonder why they weren't updated here.

I'm sorry, no offence to your design tongue
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 7th 2008, 4:27 pm

@randomus_r, nice suggestion, i forgot about those

@stupidgirl, the secret is we're running the forum on a free host... which majorly sucks
parry

parry

Subscriber
Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 7th 2008, 4:52 pm

How much does it cost to run it on on a pay host then?
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 7th 2008, 7:30 pm

Yea why can't we run it on a paid host? subscribers and donations could pay for that... no?
Markoz

Markoz

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 7th 2008, 9:19 pm

Nice Idea. This board can be moved to another host (I hope so). It would look cool running on vBulletin. tongue

SbuxBlaze: I am currently redesigning the topic icons, I'll let you know when they get finished. wink

@randomus_r: Say what you want because there was a reason I updated the design on my own forum. I really didn't like it the first few days I had it up. tongue
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 8th 2008, 4:12 am

@chekkz and parry. We would need someone to take over the board basically and be the second founder. Here's how much it would cost:

One time fee for IPB: $149
Host: $7/month
parry

parry

Subscriber
Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1August 8th 2008, 4:23 am

It would be better to go for the one time fee otherwise a monthly fee would end up becoming more expensive but we'd have to get a lot of subscribers to get to that total.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!   Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve! Icon_minitime1

Give Us Your Ideas on how to Imporve!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3 Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Information :: Feedback and Suggestions -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com