Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Microsoft Previews Windows 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Vide
PostSubject: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 6:34 pm

Microsoft Previews Windows 7 08052810

On Tuesday, Microsoft said is next operating system, Windows 7 will be made for touch screen applications. This will be an alternative to using a mouse.

CEO Steve Ballmer demonstrated the iPhone like touch screen feature at yesterday's "D: All things digital" conference. He said it was a very small snippet of the new operating system which is expected to be released in 2009.

An employee from Microsoft demonstrated the interface by moving, enlarging and shrinking photos as well as moving through maps of Sea World in San Diego, CA.

Touch screen or tablet options has almost always been available with Windows and no one has really seemed to care. And the OS so far looks just as if it was a service pack for vista, it still looks the same. Some speculate that there might be less improvements with Windows 7 than SP2 added to XP. Hopefully microsoft will roll out some new useful features instead of making this a vista upgrade, there is still about one and a half years to find out.

Watch Video

©2008 Galaxy GUI
amitburst

amitburst

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 7:05 pm

Pretty sweet I suppose
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 7:51 pm

i like the touchscreen, other then that, nope. mac needs 2 make an official touch screen comp, they already got the tech in the phone so not hard
manufn619

manufn619

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 8:03 pm

sexy
chris3d

chris3d

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 8:51 pm

Lbroskee wrote:
i like the touchscreen, other then that, nope. mac needs 2 make an official touch screen comp, they already got the tech in the phone so not hard

WWDC is right around the corner smile
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 8:54 pm

ya i no. they better have some good suprises. if iPhone 2.0 is all they got imma b mad. Appl is slipping 10.5.3 is the 1st update i've got lik lik 3 months
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 9:03 pm

i'm not much of a fan of touch screen :undecided:
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 10:21 pm

Post removed for exceeding maximum image size and not relating to topic

EDIT: Post removed. Thats what im thinking right now razar. WTH did you post an image over 750px?
Sorry but you know, there are rules around here, you dont just post what the hell. The staff has the right to remove posts for any reason and you may NOT publicly reply with "why was my post deleted?" or in your case "What the hell!"
chris3d

chris3d

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 11:36 pm

Lbroskee wrote:
ya i no. they better have some good suprises. if iPhone 2.0 is all they got imma b mad. Appl is slipping 10.5.3 is the 1st update i've got lik lik 3 months

I wouldn't say they've been slipping @ all. While 10.5.3 is a nice update to have, it hasn't really fixed anything for me. Leopard worked just fine before the update.

Besides the 3G iPhone @ WWDC, you can also expect to get an update or release of the App Store for both the iPhone 1st gen and 3G, and the iPod touch. On top of that, I think that the Apple Cinema Display line is due for an update, and rumor has it that Jobsy will be announcing a touch based tablet Mac smile Remember that side loading iMac style dock anyone? (patent pics) cool
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1May 29th 2008, 4:01 am

2009? Surely it won't be a huge update over Vista then :/
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1May 29th 2008, 11:19 am

randomus_r wrote:
2009? Surely it won't be a huge update over Vista then :/

Yeah, i mean they seriously didnt have enough time to do anything (vista came out like 5 years after xp in 2002)
illidan

illidan

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1May 29th 2008, 12:14 pm

2010. for Blackcomb (codename win7)
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1May 29th 2008, 6:00 pm

illidan wrote:
2010. for Blackcomb (codename win7)

no one knows for sure. Microsoft has been hinting at 2009 but others say 2010
Dashsutra

Dashsutra

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1May 30th 2008, 9:09 am

yay cool news btw. here are more screenies and news happy http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/27/live-from-d-gates-and-ballmer-debut-windows-7/
darkmarauder

darkmarauder

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1June 6th 2008, 8:04 am

Looks cool. Is that going to be the same software on the "table computers" we've seen from microsoft latley?
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1June 6th 2008, 8:52 am

Yeah, she said in the video it would be similar
sonin77

sonin77

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1June 6th 2008, 12:49 pm

ehh touch screen comps seem just plain annoying i mean cool i guess but very un practicall
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1June 6th 2008, 11:19 pm

only difference is multi touch which adds a new dimension of interactivity. Now im not happy that MICROSOFT is doing this but i expect that they are just implementing the same technology that u see in those tables at the T-Mobile stores with the huge touch screens on the coffee table with blue tooth ect ect. that would excelently but its not too productive. if they can find a way to minimize human error as far as slight hand trembles ect then i think it might be fine software. of course, because its microsoft it will crash often, come with the bugs preinstalled along with their parent bloatware. The good news is that Microsoft is rebuilding the windows kernel from the ground up for the next release of windows. wether this is a REALEASE or an upgrade, still eludes me...
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1June 6th 2008, 11:30 pm

@alxmarcond, they are simply improving the kernel for this next version. They are NOT gonna making a new smaller one as previously suggested sad
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1June 6th 2008, 11:53 pm

i never said anything about a smaller one. the samller one was WinMin (A bare bone command prompt version of Vista) which was said at a conference that it was NOT going to be released and later Microsoft revoked that statement and stated that they would release it but then decided not to. Microsoft also stated that they would be building the windows kernel from the ground up because of the accumulated bugs (human and machine errors) and that it would resemble the Unix kernel in many fashions but would completely avoid using any of the code from the Unix kernel. This also means that Windows 7 will be much faster, less buggy (about as buggy as DOS) but it also begs the question if this new kernel will end up going down the same path as XENIX. I for one am hoping that Microsoft will please me on this one.
Threadform

Threadform

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1June 16th 2008, 2:36 am

Although Apple did it first with pretty much everything Microsoft does (unimaginative w****rs), it's good that they're at least bringing these functions to the majority of users so everyone finally gets the modern computing touch.
Alexx

Alexx

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1September 12th 2008, 9:28 pm

Yeah, touch-screen-ing is becoming more common everywhere s'all good. smile
Lol, but I also questioned, for a desktop pc,

' Why move your hand around 22" when its easier with a mouse to move 4"? ' tongue
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1September 13th 2008, 9:42 am

You guys remeber minwin? That was the start of a kernel rewrite which is what windows 7 will be so hopefully with windows seven windows might lose some of it's famed
Bloateness. Before ms would just keep addng on top of the existing kernel which many that a buch of uspess code 95 was present in vista. Same goes for the registry, and apperantl becuase of the seal thatMS made with the OpenSUSE development they might be taking a few pointers from the Linux kernel which would mean a drastic speed up in all of windows which is good, bit I still won't use windows tongue
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1September 13th 2008, 10:11 am

Ironic that they might be using pointers from the linux kernel when not so long ago they were suing them for stealing ms's ideas confused

Oh well as long as it's faster i'll be happy
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1September 13th 2008, 1:13 pm

As long as it looks good as well. If they make some crappy looking OS, or a copy of vista i'll have to think before upgrading
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Previews Windows 7   Microsoft Previews Windows 7 Icon_minitime1

Microsoft Previews Windows 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Operating Systems :: Windows Discussion -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com