Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

New Background - Thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you like this theme/background?
Yes
New Background - Thoughts? I_vote_lcap79%New Background - Thoughts? I_vote_rcap
 79% [ 23 ]
No
New Background - Thoughts? I_vote_lcap21%New Background - Thoughts? I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 29

SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

New Background - Thoughts? Vide
PostSubject: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 15th 2009, 11:39 pm

I've been tweaking a temporary theme a bit, and wanted to know whether or not you guys liked the background on it. Click this link to see: https://galaxygui.forumotion.com/forum.htm?change_version=subsilver&change_temp=2&change_version=subsilver
Jowol

Jowol

CAD Master
CAD Master

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 15th 2009, 11:47 pm

It's better then right now
Goobacks

Goobacks

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 16th 2009, 1:38 am

I like it a lot better, only problem is I see it starting to repeat at the bottom (my res is 1440x900)
Andrew

Andrew

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 16th 2009, 2:02 am

Looks good thumbs up
h i s o k a

h i s o k a

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 16th 2009, 7:54 am

Good but as GB said, it start to repeat (res 1289x1024)
PineApple

PineApple

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 16th 2009, 7:59 am

Really nice bg thumbs up although, as already said, it's repeated (1680x1050)
Dashsutra

Dashsutra

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 16th 2009, 10:42 am

Bg looks HOWT happy

just the circle icons i don´t like -.-* if u now what i mean
StupidGirl

StupidGirl

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 16th 2009, 12:39 pm

background looks cool. i too am not a fan of the circles. i like our other idea of star like things
New Background - Thoughts? Emojie32eve6
Manina

Manina

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 16th 2009, 12:50 pm

I don't like it at all, I think you should keep the background in plain colors, one or two tops, that way it's less distracting from the actual content
PineApple

PineApple

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 16th 2009, 2:32 pm

I think Manina is right too! tongue maybe a simple gradient could be effective too... it's just a suggestion smile
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 16th 2009, 3:41 pm

i like it alot
civet

civet

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 20th 2009, 3:08 pm

Looks great! happy
h i s o k a

h i s o k a

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 20th 2009, 4:53 pm

Hmm.. just a seggestion:
You see the background GooBacks signature? the background is awesome for a website (Although I dont mean that you use the same bg) just make it one color and add a shape with the same color but brighter u know what i mean, like Goobacks signature...
Goobacks

Goobacks

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 20th 2009, 5:20 pm

Like a pattern that is lightly visible.
But before anyone asks the pattern in my signature is from another site that says nobody can use the pattern, but shhh, I'm not using it wink
h i s o k a

h i s o k a

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 23rd 2009, 9:11 am

erm! i thought u will share neutral confused sad crying
anyway i don't need it tongue
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 23rd 2009, 9:29 am

Am I the only person who just sees a very light grey....?
StupidGirl

StupidGirl

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 23rd 2009, 12:16 pm

randomus_r wrote:
Am I the only person who just sees a very light grey....?
did you follow the link in the first post of this thread?

New Background - Thoughts? Screencaptureot3
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 23rd 2009, 2:56 pm

We might have a problem though, guys.. that's the biggest size I can get the background in, so it will repeat on some people's screens.

Anyone willing to stretch it out a bit to about 2000px wide? happy
StupidGirl

StupidGirl

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 23rd 2009, 4:30 pm

just set it to no repeat and set the background color to that grey at the bottom of the image, have it fade out to that color.
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 23rd 2009, 4:43 pm

Ooooh, a link. I swear that wasn't there when I looked worried Anyhow, I don't like the grungy thing - it doesn't go with the clean look of the rest of teh forum. Hows about doing a 'noisy' background like the header? Then you'd only have to have say, a 50x50px image which is generally better.... Just a suggestion smile
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 23rd 2009, 7:08 pm

randomus_r wrote:
Ooooh, a link. I swear that wasn't there when I looked worried Anyhow, I don't like the grungy thing - it doesn't go with the clean look of the rest of teh forum. Hows about doing a 'noisy' background like the header? Then you'd only have to have say, a 50x50px image which is generally better.... Just a suggestion smile

But then we would have to sacrifice the shadow, its built into the background due to not being able to actually add it with CSS
StupidGirl

StupidGirl

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 23rd 2009, 7:48 pm

i think the grunge background is great. if you like it, go with it smile
Dashsutra

Dashsutra

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 23rd 2009, 8:30 pm

StupidGirl wrote:
i think the grunge background is great. if you like it, go with it smile

+1
just do something with the topic icons pls the green circle are horrible surprised
so i think
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 24th 2009, 12:53 pm

SbuxBlaze wrote:
randomus_r wrote:

But then we would have to sacrifice the shadow, its built into the background due to not being able to actually add it with CSS

Ah, I get you - no problem smile But at least do something with the god damned circles lol
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1January 24th 2009, 8:59 pm

Alright, got it thumbs up
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Background - Thoughts?   New Background - Thoughts? Icon_minitime1

New Background - Thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Information :: Feedback and Suggestions -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com