Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
chris3d

chris3d

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Vide
PostSubject: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 12:13 pm

OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Devices20080609

"Since 2001, Mac OS X has delivered more than a thousand innovative new features. With Snow Leopard, the next major version of the world’s most advanced operating system, Mac OS X changes more than its spots, it changes focus. Taking a break from adding new features, Snow Leopard — scheduled to ship in about a year — builds on Leopard’s enormous innovations by delivering a new generation of core software technologies that will streamline Mac OS X, enhance its performance, and set new standards for quality. Snow Leopard dramatically reduces the footprint of Mac OS X, making it even more efficient for users, and giving them back valuable hard drive space for their music and photos."

"OpenCL
Another powerful Snow Leopard technology, OpenCL (Open Computing Language), makes it possible for developers to efficiently tap the vast gigaflops of computing power currently locked up in the graphics processing unit (GPU). With GPUs approaching processing speeds of a trillion operations per second, they’re capable of considerably more than just drawing pictures. OpenCL takes that power and redirects it for general-purpose computing."

Chris Pirillo - What's in the Next Mac OS X: Snow Leopard?

Read Full Page Here

Last edited by chris3d on June 14th 2008, 1:19 am; edited 7 times in total
darkmarauder

darkmarauder

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 12:41 pm

Chris ftw!
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 2:47 pm

pirillo or the one here? lawl. I say both. wink
darkmarauder

darkmarauder

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 2:54 pm

I meant pirillo, but hey it can be both I guess lol
chris3d

chris3d

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 3:30 pm

lol, thanks smile

Here's a wall for you all
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Snow_Leopard_Wallpaper_by_God_X

Enjoy wink
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 12th 2008, 11:38 pm

Snow Leopard happy no one still knows any details about it
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 13th 2008, 8:37 am

i can do without... the OpenCL is the only thing im interested in. tongue always looking for more speed!
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 13th 2008, 4:54 pm

jeez, I'd think you'd at least be interested in it alxmarcond but you're just all out linux (which i hate now btw)
chris3d

chris3d

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 13th 2008, 11:15 pm

alxz310 wrote:

Not true, they demoed it @ WWDC. Also there is the Apple webpage which I linked to in my original post.
Snow Leopard will run faster and more stable than Leopard does, and on the same hardware...that's very impressive.

This is something that Microsoft has yet to do, and I mostly blame that on previous time tables they have laid out for releasing their "next" OS. 5 years, 3 years...with that amount of time, people grow to expect new features. Snow Leopard will focus on improving OS X's security, stability, and speed.
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 13th 2008, 11:42 pm

if they put a full price tag on this i will b mad. a speed upgrade is so not worth full price, not lik it will stop me from owning it tho
chris3d

chris3d

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 14th 2008, 1:09 am

I have to argue the other side of that. Speed, Security, and Stability are far more important to me than new features, and I would be more than willing to pay full price for it. I see the possibility of a cheaper upgrade option, or a less than $130 option all together as well though.

Either way, I will be getting Snow Leopard eventually and am looking forward to it.

@Staff: If you're going to edit an image with transparency, how about keeping the transparency on the new image so it doesn't look like crap?...thanks
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 14th 2008, 1:52 am

alxz310 wrote:

Yeah they do, Apple has a webpage up about it.

Edit: oops chris already said, oh well.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 14th 2008, 2:25 am

@chris3d, I could have just deleted that image like im supposed to, the resize was meant to be tempoary as i noticed the background did not look well wink

And I meant I know theres a page and everything but no one knows the exact details tongue
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 14th 2008, 3:00 am

alxz310 wrote:
@chris3d, I could have just deleted that image like im supposed to, the resize was meant to be tempoary as i noticed the background did not look well wink

And I meant I know theres a page and everything but no one knows the exact details tongue

Except for the developers.. I hate them sometimes hehe.
chris3d

chris3d

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 14th 2008, 10:10 am

No worries, more details will leak out with time smile

edit: another photo

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Snowleopard
Cash Eye

Cash Eye

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 18th 2008, 9:50 pm

So from what I understand, snow leopard is just an upgrade? Im thinking of buying a Mac book soon, so I shouldnt wait and just get the upgrade when it releases since it is just improving performance on current hardware.
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 18th 2008, 10:40 pm

its up 2 u. if u want way better preformance i say w8
chris3d

chris3d

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 19th 2008, 12:18 pm

Also keep in consideration that Snow Leopard is ~ a year away. If you need something now, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a mac with leopard. True, I could have waited half a year and bought a laptop with Leopard pre-installed, but I got plenty of use out of Tiger in the time I used it.
zcollvee

zcollvee

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 26th 2008, 11:46 am

10.6 is just going to have security updates and a few new features.... if they release it it will either be FREE or a cheap price. if it costs more (like steve likes to do to his followers) it should cost no more than 30$.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1June 28th 2008, 12:06 pm

They might add a new interface (But no new features) and sell it for more
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard   Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Icon_minitime1

Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Operating Systems :: Mac OSX Discussion -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com