Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
abloggingape

abloggingape

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows Vide
PostSubject: Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows   Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows Icon_minitime1June 4th 2008, 11:48 pm

is it possible to remove IE or is it required to run scripts on other files
because i always use firefox and i believe it would save me up at least 100 mbs on my hard drive
Also how can i optimize my pc deleting language files, i heard some people talking about typing in msconfig in the Run command but which processes are safe to end, are there any unneccessary system files, clean up my registry if so what program do you suggest to use, defrag, etc...
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows   Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows Icon_minitime1June 5th 2008, 12:54 am

are you on xp or vista?
abloggingape

abloggingape

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows   Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows Icon_minitime1June 5th 2008, 1:16 am

xp professional service pack3
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows   Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows Icon_minitime1June 5th 2008, 1:27 am

IE you should never remove because if windows update cant download an update form the ms website you have to go there with IE, because only some pages are read by IE.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows   Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows Icon_minitime1June 5th 2008, 11:05 am

purry wrote:
IE you should never remove because if windows update cant download an update form the ms website you have to go there with IE, because only some pages are read by IE.

updates yes, you would need IE.. but as for webpages, i havent seen a webpage that doesnt work with other browsers but IE in years tongue
darkmarauder

darkmarauder

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows   Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows Icon_minitime1June 6th 2008, 8:02 am

If you think you've found an a process you want to get rid of it.
Just simply google it.
Often you'll find a page, most likely on a forum discussing it, and more importantly if it is safe to remove.
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows   Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows Icon_minitime1July 16th 2008, 2:05 pm

Dude ie view plugin for FF renders pages that only work in ie correctly which works (i think) with Windows Update.
Also or cleaning the Pc you can't do much better than CCLEANER
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows   Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows Icon_minitime1

Two questions Removing IE and Optimizing Windows

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Operating Systems :: Windows Discussion -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com