Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Extract Icon from Folder Icon Display[Help]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

Extract Icon from Folder Icon Display[Help] Vide
PostSubject: Extract Icon from Folder Icon Display[Help]   Extract Icon from Folder Icon Display[Help] Icon_minitime1June 4th 2008, 1:25 pm

OK, so sometimes I download icons from DA iconists, and it's not in the format of .icns or .png, etc. It turns out they are like folders :undecided:
Like they set the icon display for that folder, and instead of getting an icon i get the folder with the icon as the folder's display icon. How do i get the icon, is there a way to extract the actual icon from the folder display?
darkmarauder

darkmarauder

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Extract Icon from Folder Icon Display[Help]   Extract Icon from Folder Icon Display[Help] Icon_minitime1June 4th 2008, 2:01 pm

That's odd.
If there is an icon you don't have it on your system, and its set as the folder default, it must be there somewhere.

Daft question, but have you tried \Folder options > Show hidden files\ ???
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

PostSubject: Re: Extract Icon from Folder Icon Display[Help]   Extract Icon from Folder Icon Display[Help] Icon_minitime1June 4th 2008, 2:06 pm

no no... it's not something that I had on my system... ok, like say - when you create a folder.. you can set the icon you want to show for that folder. and I think that's what the creator did (im assuming), so when I download it.. i get the folder with that default display icon.. but it's not an "icon".

bwt, get on msn plz... smile
darkmarauder

darkmarauder

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Extract Icon from Folder Icon Display[Help]   Extract Icon from Folder Icon Display[Help] Icon_minitime1June 4th 2008, 2:30 pm

Me onz : )
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extract Icon from Folder Icon Display[Help]   Extract Icon from Folder Icon Display[Help] Icon_minitime1

Extract Icon from Folder Icon Display[Help]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: Requests and Discussions :: Support -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forums hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com