Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

The iTablet is now a reality!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

The iTablet is now a reality!! Vide
PostSubject: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1May 16th 2008, 11:43 pm

this is real too. i saw it reviewed on G4

http://www.axiotron.com/index.php?id=modbook

The iTablet is now a reality!! Modboo10

Let me be very clear that since images are not auto resized ALL further images that exceed 640px in width will be removed wink
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1May 16th 2008, 11:56 pm

Have know about this for many months now tongue
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1May 17th 2008, 7:42 am

o. lol. well i feel stupid then. lol. jus found out bout it last night, but thought i'd share it anyway
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1May 17th 2008, 9:11 pm

this is a hackintosh though isnt it?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1May 17th 2008, 9:24 pm

alxmarcond wrote:
this is a hackintosh though isnt it?

modified macbook. if you look closely the bottom is the same as the macbook
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1May 18th 2008, 1:14 am

its actually licensed by apple, sorta. its not a warranty killing mod. apple approves these
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1June 13th 2008, 4:54 am

Apple did approve it. I believe this started in late 2006. Apple filed against them but they reasoned out because Axitron (Yes thats it its called the Axitron Modbook i beleive) said that its just a modified MacBook Pro, which it is, sooo technically its still Apple hardware, and now they are both happy! smile
altas

altas

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1June 15th 2008, 1:43 am

Hm, is it available in EU or only for US? Because, i did not found any info about Modbook on apple site?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1June 15th 2008, 1:51 am

altas wrote:
Hm, is it available in EU or only for US? Because, i did not found any info about Modbook on apple site?

It's not made by apple but by axiotron, http://axiotron.com/index.php?id=modbook
Threadform

Threadform

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1June 16th 2008, 3:11 am

Eh, seems kinda useless, is it really that likely that people will be designing on the train?

Using the virtual keyboard would be a pain too, would be good if the could use a similar system to the iPhone.
GoSco

GoSco

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1June 16th 2008, 5:10 am

My idea for apple (I have loads I don't know why, I dont like the company lol) Is the get a macbook, and it has a sort of slider at the edges of the screen bit, so you can fold it down and pull it to you, (like a slide out keyboard thing on a table) So the back of the screen is over the keys, ect and the screen is showing up, while it remains flat and then you can draw on the screen with a stylus.

Did anyone understand any of that? lol.
Threadform

Threadform

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1June 16th 2008, 10:38 pm

Yeh. but the reason they probably won't do it is because it's to expensive for the features it gives you.

The fact that Apple licensed someone else to produce it means they probably won't make an official one any time soon.

I think the iPhone is their touch-computer for now (gotta get one -drools-).
dumbass

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1July 3rd 2008, 5:01 pm

i want it happy
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1November 14th 2008, 9:43 pm

this thing is sick
.: Stezz :.

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1November 15th 2008, 9:07 am

Modbook lol, not iTablet happy. Yeah this peice of hardware looks hawt!
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1November 15th 2008, 11:33 am

not sure how functional lol but hey if i was rich i might get one
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The iTablet is now a reality!!   The iTablet is now a reality!! Icon_minitime1

The iTablet is now a reality!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Hardware -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com