Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

iPhone out of stock

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

iPhone out of stock Vide
PostSubject: iPhone out of stock   iPhone out of stock Icon_minitime1May 12th 2008, 2:55 am

Quote :
"Ships: Currently Unavailable" found on the apple website when trying to purchase an iPhone

May 11, 2008 (Computerworld) The iPhone is of-of-stock "company wide," Apple sales representatives said Sunday. The outage has fueled rumors that the next-generation 3G model will be released shortly.

Neither Apple's U.S. or U.K. online stores have iPhones available for sale, according to their Web sites. At both, the message "Currently Unavailable" appears beside "Ships," which last week was noting a delay of five to seven business days. The company's German and French e-stores, however, still show 8GB and 16GB iPhones available.

Sales representatives at four major Apple retail stores contacted by Computerworld today said that the iPhone is unavailable, not only at their own stores but across Apple. Most had no explanation why the smart phone is out of stock.

"The iPhone is sold out, company-wide," said a salesman who answered the phone at the Apple store in Braintree, Mass., just south of Boston.

"It's out-of-stock, Apple-wide," said a saleswoman from the Apple store in downtown Portland, Ore. "No, I don't know why," she said when asked why the iPhone was unavailable online and at retail. "All we've been told is that it's Apple-wide."

Sales representatives at the New York City store on Fifth Avenue and the San Francisco store on Stockton St. also confirmed that there were no iPhones to be had. "We're sold out," said the salesman at the New York store. "I heard that it was some kind of shipping issue."

Some of the Apple sales reps said that AT&T retail stores in the area might have iPhones in stock.

The iPhone's vanishing act has boosted talk that the 3G-enabled iPhone -- many analysts have predicted it would be announced and released next month -- is right around the corner.

Saturday, Apple-specific Web sites and blogs reported on the sold-out notices posted on Apple's U.S. and U.K. online stores. "With all the buzz surrounding the 3G model, the international rollout and the SDK, this is just one more sign that the release of a new device is right around the corner," speculated the Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) in a post filed Saturday afternoon.

In a conference call with Wall Street analysts two weeks ago, Apple's chief operating officer, Tim Cook, acknowledged iPhone shortages, but blamed sales to buyers who planned to unlock the device. "Our U.S. stores have experienced more stock outs, or relatively more, and we believe the reason is that there are more phones being bought there with the intention of unlocking," he said at the time.

Apple officials were unavailable for comment.

Most analysts and pundits have pegged June 9, the opening day of Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) as the likely introduction of the 3G iPhone. Apple CEO Steve Jobs is expected to open the conference with his usual keynote address and could unveil a new iPhone then.

The iPhone's first sales anniversary, June 29, has been touted by others as a possible on-sale date for the 3G model.

Within the last week, several additional mobile service providers, including U.K.-based Vodafone, Telecomm Italia and Mexico-based Telefonica have announced that they had struck deals with Apple to sell the iPhone in a slew of new markets, including India, Italy and Latin America.
Mitch

Mitch

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

iPhone out of stock Vide
PostSubject: Re: iPhone out of stock   iPhone out of stock Icon_minitime1May 12th 2008, 6:07 am

That seems set up to me. 3G Model is coming!
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

iPhone out of stock Vide
PostSubject: Re: iPhone out of stock   iPhone out of stock Icon_minitime1May 12th 2008, 11:08 am

Tron wrote:
That seems set up to me. 3G Model is coming!

yeah it would be very strange if apple just "suddenly" had no iPhones in stock tongue
chris3d

chris3d

iPhone out of stock Vide
PostSubject: Re: iPhone out of stock   iPhone out of stock Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 1:16 am

Unofficial, but I feel safe saying it - 3G iPhone to be announced June 9th
I expect either immediate or very soon availability after the announcement.

For those of you who don't know already, WWDC 2008 - June 9th...then some more, but the main keynote is June 9th smile

I will be getting one on release day or very shortly after happy can't wait! love
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

iPhone out of stock Vide
PostSubject: Re: iPhone out of stock   iPhone out of stock Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 2:21 am

I sure hope they do announce it then lol. And according to a few rumors going around (on engadget and other sites) the new iPhone will come in white, black or red colors... this isnt confirmed though
chris3d

chris3d

iPhone out of stock Vide
PostSubject: Re: iPhone out of stock   iPhone out of stock Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 2:59 am

I personally think the white case shells that have been showing up were distributed to case manufactures to ensure that they have the correct dimensions. I believe that the actual 3G iPhone will be black.
timbob

timbob

iPhone out of stock Vide
PostSubject: Re: iPhone out of stock   iPhone out of stock Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 7:34 am

Off topic but I am so close to buying an iPod touch after my exams are finished. 32 gb is too expensive but i think it might be worth it.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

iPhone out of stock Vide
PostSubject: Re: iPhone out of stock   iPhone out of stock Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 6:02 pm

chris3d wrote:
I personally think the white case shells that have been showing up were distributed to case manufactures to ensure that they have the correct dimensions. I believe that the actual 3G iPhone will be black.

That is possible, but then again if it was in white, black or red it would have a lot more choice tongue. I dont know, but I think all of these pictures flying around the web are not the iPhone at all. Maybe those are just the dimensions like you said and the iPhone 3G is completely different from what we think
chris3d

chris3d

iPhone out of stock Vide
PostSubject: Re: iPhone out of stock   iPhone out of stock Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 11:25 pm

timbob wrote:
Off topic but I am so close to buying an iPod touch after my exams are finished. 32 gb is too expensive but i think it might be worth it.

I highly recommend it. I will be giving mine to a family member once I get my 3G iPhone smile
Sponsored content

iPhone out of stock Vide
PostSubject: Re: iPhone out of stock   iPhone out of stock Icon_minitime1

iPhone out of stock

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: News Corner -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com