Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Modding the Vista start button

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
capjj

I'm New
I'm New

Modding the Vista start button Vide
PostSubject: Modding the Vista start button   Modding the Vista start button Icon_minitime1April 10th 2008, 7:48 pm

Ok for the life of me, I cannot mod and change the vista button. Just for the sake of argument, I've tried to reshack/resedit a few Vista msstyles, and to no avail, the image would not change (resources 872 & 876, right?)

Restorator for some reason, when installed, would mess up my start menu where most of my shortcuts would not run, nor would any .EXEs lol. So that rules out Restorator.

In Resedit, I did edit 872/876 because they were in the Temp folder, but when I try to recompile/save the theme, the new start buttons are retained, but when I re-apply the msstyle, it would go back to the default button rather than the new ones.

Any tips, walkthroughs, help would be really appreciated!

(Did try Resource Tuner as well, alas, that's another trial app and decided to uninstall it too)
jaz

jaz

Resident Pixeljunkie
Resident Pixeljunkie

Modding the Vista start button Vide
PostSubject: Re: Modding the Vista start button   Modding the Vista start button Icon_minitime1May 10th 2008, 12:40 am

I did mine on XP ages ago but didn't remember the whole process.
But this might help...
http://www.scribd.com/doc/429403/Windows-Tweak-Hack-Your-Start-Button

Modding the Vista start button

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Operating Systems :: Windows Discussion -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com