Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Mini Search Box

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Mini Search Box Vide
PostSubject: Mini Search Box   Mini Search Box Icon_minitime1January 12th 2008, 4:50 pm

Now whenever you want to search the forums just click search and a box pops up, no need to go to a whole different page anymore wink
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

Mini Search Box Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mini Search Box   Mini Search Box Icon_minitime1January 12th 2008, 9:29 pm

hmmm, maybe make it mouse over, and center it so it looks like is scrolls out from it...
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Mini Search Box Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mini Search Box   Mini Search Box Icon_minitime1January 12th 2008, 11:04 pm

exuberance wrote:
hmmm, maybe make it mouse over, and center it so it looks like is scrolls out from it...

thanks for the suggestion but I can't really do much about that since I don't have access to the templates in the theme wink
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

Mini Search Box Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mini Search Box   Mini Search Box Icon_minitime1January 12th 2008, 11:40 pm

what? ahhhh ur running phpBB are you.... ehhh, that sucks...
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Mini Search Box Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mini Search Box   Mini Search Box Icon_minitime1January 12th 2008, 11:46 pm

exuberance wrote:
what? ahhhh ur running phpBB are you.... ehhh, that sucks...

well come one it doesn't suck, I mean the site looks pretty good right? tongue

And this is hosted with forumotion, I don't have access to FTP or anything like that, but it obviously lets you modify much more than other forums
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

Mini Search Box Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mini Search Box   Mini Search Box Icon_minitime1January 12th 2008, 11:49 pm

wow, IPB is much more leniar and customizable. I would recommend switching at an early stage. forumer has the best IPB hosting imo. unlimited space, four URLs that bring u to it, and pretty much everything is OPEN. phpBB is good for people who dont want to do too much matinance though, so if thats the route ur going in then i guess u should stay
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Mini Search Box Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mini Search Box   Mini Search Box Icon_minitime1January 13th 2008, 1:11 am

exuberance wrote:
wow, IPB is much more leniar and customizable. I would recommend switching at an early stage. forumer has the best IPB hosting imo. unlimited space, four URLs that bring u to it, and pretty much everything is OPEN. phpBB is good for people who dont want to do too much matinance though, so if thats the route ur going in then i guess u should stay

hmm... well I need to think again lol. I've switched many times and have tried out IPB but think I'll just stay with this for now.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

Mini Search Box Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mini Search Box   Mini Search Box Icon_minitime1January 13th 2008, 2:52 am

kk, thats cool
Markoz

Markoz

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mini Search Box Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mini Search Box   Mini Search Box Icon_minitime1January 13th 2008, 1:47 pm

exuberance wrote:

Imo, IPB is the best host if you get IPB 1.3 on forumer, because you can put some HTML codes in to get mods and most of them work! I do have to say that the skins are nothing good. tongue
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

Mini Search Box Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mini Search Box   Mini Search Box Icon_minitime1January 13th 2008, 2:45 pm

if u do the skinning correctly it can get to be as good if not better than phpBB. It's mostly CSS which is annoying but its really flexible and u can do pretty much what ever u want
Sponsored content

Mini Search Box Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mini Search Box   Mini Search Box Icon_minitime1

Mini Search Box

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: General Discussion :: Trash (read only) -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com