Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

[Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
banterer

banterer

I'm New
I'm New

[Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP Vide
PostSubject: [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP   [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP Icon_minitime1March 28th 2008, 10:02 pm

TITLE: Aurora Cream
REQUIREMENTS: Aurora Engine 1.2+, Emerald (for Compiz Fusion or Beryl), mac menubar for GNOME

DESCRIPTION
This is a creamy-white mod I'm working on that's based on the Aurora Engine for GTK 2.x.x. Parts of the Aurora Aqua Suite, Aqua Inspiriat theme, and Cerebro were modded/utilised for this theme. I really liked the idea behind the Aurora Unified Suite, but seeing as it never seemed to come to fruition, I decided to make my own version of something "unified" for the Aurora Engine. This pack features the GTK, Emerald, Icon theme. YOU MUST SET THE PANEL BACKGROUND.

PREVIEW
Click Here

DOWNLOAD
http://www.mediafire.com/?4xctimnoibo

INSTALLATION
1) Right-click on your desktop and click "Change Desktop Background." Go to the Theme tab.
2) Drag the Aurora_Cream_GTK.tar.gz file onto the Theme area. When the dialogue prompts you to apply the theme, select Apply New Theme.
3) Drag the SmoothLeopard.tar.gz file into the Theme area, and click on the Customize button. Go to the Icons tab and scroll down to SmoothLeopard to select it.
4) Right-click on an empty space on the panel and go to Background tab. Select "Background image" and browse for the Panels folder in the Aurora_Cream suite folder. Select the image that corresponds with your screen resolution. If you can't find a panel bg that corresponds with your screen resolution, make a new file in GIMP with the width corresponding to your screen resolution width and height 24 pixels. Copy and paste from the existing panel files and then save as PNG.
5) Go to Menu > System > Emerald Theme Manager and click Import. Browse to the Aurora_Cream suite folder and select the Aurora_Cream.emerald file. Make sure to select the Aurora_Cream emerald theme once you install it.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP   [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP Icon_minitime1March 28th 2008, 10:11 pm

Great theme! Its awesome smile Makes me want to install ubuntu again (i will when 8.04 is out)
And welcome to the forums

Also, any plans for a windows port? happy
manufn619

manufn619

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP   [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP Icon_minitime1March 28th 2008, 10:25 pm

DAMN, nice!
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP   [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 1:02 am

8.04 is out in 26 days happy I love 8.04 smile one thing, i would lighten the buttons a bit. atm they seem to be a bit too dark and dont fit in with the theme. You worked hard but not my window border style. Ill deffinantly be using the GTK though smile

//Post Edited

Last edited by alxmarcond on March 29th 2008, 1:11 am; edited 3 times in total
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP   [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 1:04 am

alxmarcond wrote:
8.04 is out in 26 days happy I love it smile [Removed]

New Rules wrote:
WIP and Critique

This forum is for work in progress releases only. This is where you can post something you are currently working on to get some damn on it so you can improve it before the final releases. All threads must also be tagged such as in the releases thread. Any posts that say this sucks or wth is this will be removed. This section is for constructive feedback only.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP   [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 1:14 am

fine, check my edited post then

i found that this wallpaper

http://filip454.deviantart.com/art/Creamy-lines-80534870

went best with this theme. You might think of asking for permission to include happy
banterer

banterer

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP   [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 9:45 am

alxmarcond wrote:
8.04 is out in 26 days happy I love 8.04 smile one thing, i would lighten the buttons a bit. atm they seem to be a bit too dark and dont fit in with the theme. You worked hard but not my window border style. Ill deffinantly be using the GTK though smile

//Post Edited

Good point. I'm working on a white version of the titlebar buttons (assuming that's what you mean). I'll post it soon.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP   [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 11:02 am

one thing. Why have you based the emerald theme on vrunner? pixmap is MUCH better for a developed font. If you dont want to do that much work, try using truglass. vrunner is just too primitive and it doesn offer end gradients so the window border just looks like a white block. which reminds me. the default doesnt match for some reason. Did you make the GTK theme?
banterer

banterer

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP   [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP Icon_minitime1March 30th 2008, 11:27 am

I'm actually working on re-vamping the Emerald theme entirely, so thanks for the suggestions.

As I mentioned, the GTK is based on different themes, but a good part is based on the default Aurora theme.
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP   [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP Icon_minitime1March 30th 2008, 11:51 am

Its a good theme by someone like yourself, but I think I may have to pass, as i am quite in love with my current theme.
Markoz

Markoz

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP   [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP Icon_minitime1April 1st 2008, 8:40 pm

Nice work, when I get my comp. rent payed off and I can customize I will give it a try smile
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP   [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP Icon_minitime1April 1st 2008, 8:46 pm

u ganna start on linx then?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP   [Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP Icon_minitime1

[Theme] Aurora Cream Pack WiP

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: Work in Progress -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com