Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Sears Admits to Loading Spyware on Windows Customers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

Sears Admits to Loading Spyware on Windows Customers Vide
PostSubject: Sears Admits to Loading Spyware on Windows Customers   Sears Admits to Loading Spyware on Windows Customers Icon_minitime1March 19th 2008, 5:40 pm

Sears Holding Corporation, owner of Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart, makes the pitch in an email sent to people shortly after they provide their address at Sears.com. Clicking the “Join” button invokes a dialog that requests the person’s name, address and household size before installing ComScore spyware that monitors every site visited on the computer.

Sears’ privacy statement does disclose this. Their privacy statement is 54 pages long, and the disclosure is on page 10.

Wow.

Full Article
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Sears Admits to Loading Spyware on Windows Customers   Sears Admits to Loading Spyware on Windows Customers Icon_minitime1March 19th 2008, 5:41 pm

wow, I hate sears now D: they dont have anything anymore anyways. Best Buy and Circuit City are the place to go for electronics. and of COURSE the apple store wink
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Sears Admits to Loading Spyware on Windows Customers   Sears Admits to Loading Spyware on Windows Customers Icon_minitime1March 19th 2008, 5:42 pm

well, its not JUST electronics.... well i guess it is but its including everything online! i think this is INSANE
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Sears Admits to Loading Spyware on Windows Customers   Sears Admits to Loading Spyware on Windows Customers Icon_minitime1March 19th 2008, 5:43 pm

alxmarcond wrote:
well, its not JUST electronics.... well i guess it is but its including everything online! i think this is INSANE

i know. sears is stupid anyways, we only have like one or two in LA.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Sears Admits to Loading Spyware on Windows Customers   Sears Admits to Loading Spyware on Windows Customers Icon_minitime1March 19th 2008, 5:48 pm

theres only on in the upstate and its in Anderson XD
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sears Admits to Loading Spyware on Windows Customers   Sears Admits to Loading Spyware on Windows Customers Icon_minitime1

Sears Admits to Loading Spyware on Windows Customers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Hardware -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Forumotion's free forums | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com