Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
nav94

nav94

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Vide
PostSubject: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 4th 2009, 8:44 pm

GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) 21cs0f8

Download Glossy Folder at: https://2img.net/h/oi40.tinypic.com/2r6cwmc.png
Download the Un-Glossy Folder Icon at: https://2img.net/h/oi43.tinypic.com/2qk5qme.png
GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Jfyr02
GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) 2mfdvsz
GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Snf0w5

Although these icons took me not a lot of time, I though I'd give something exclusive just to ggui members. Its not the greatest icon, but useful happy. Use it to store all your ggui goodies in, and once again, i'd like to thank all the people that run ggui for such a great experience!

Last edited by nav94 on April 5th 2009, 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 5th 2009, 6:37 am

I like the base of the folder but not much else, to start with the mini GGUI texts are too numerous to look good at anything smaller than 512px, also the inner shadow along with the outer glow = BAD.
Keep at it, i need a folder for GGUI stuff wink
nav94

nav94

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 5th 2009, 10:45 am

surely, next time I release something, I'll take a bit more time and not rush it through happy Thnks for the advice though
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 5th 2009, 1:34 pm

Can you make one without all the mini GGUI text? smile
nav94

nav94

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 5th 2009, 1:39 pm

ye, sure! I'll release it shortly happy
nav94

nav94

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 5th 2009, 2:26 pm

I dunno why the shadow is appearing like that. In photoshop it looked fine. Oo well, it will still work, because when you are using it in a dock, or anywhere else, it would be too small to notice happy.
cyberpaxy

cyberpaxy

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 5th 2009, 3:05 pm

Umm... I don't like it much... Here's an idea, instead of the Banner Background as the folder base, use the starry part on the sides of the forum.... Fading from black to blue as it does from top to bottom and on that, use the GGUI Text... in a reasonably big font... and dont put up the lil GGUI text, makes it look gaudy and crowded... also, the elliptical embedded shapes in the last folder don't gel well, you might wanna avoid them.... And yeah, the gloss doesn't look convincing enough.... Phew ! Hope you dont mind the critique nav.... Just my point of view....
cyberpaxy

cyberpaxy

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 5th 2009, 4:31 pm

GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) 11gu7tc

Here's a quick one I made in like 15 mins using the Pry Diy Kit & a Screenshot of the GGUI Page (and hence the Low-Res Grainy Starry Background, wish I had the GGUI Resource PSDs & the GGUI Banner Font - maybe a suggestion for a free look-alike font/any other font that'd look good)...

PS - I'm not so good with 3D Texts ... Any help in that regard would be appreciated
happy

Last edited by cyberpaxy on April 6th 2009, 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
nav94

nav94

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 5th 2009, 7:19 pm

cyberpaxy wrote:
Umm... I don't like it much... Here's an idea, instead of the Banner Background as the folder base, use the starry part on the sides of the forum.... Fading from black to blue as it does from top to bottom and on that, use the GGUI Text... in a reasonably big font... and dont put up the lil GGUI text, makes it look gaudy and crowded... also, the elliptical embedded shapes in the last folder don't gel well, you might wanna avoid them.... And yeah, the gloss doesn't look convincing enough.... Phew ! Hope you dont mind the critique nav.... Just my point of view....

nope, i dont mind the critique at all. Im very glad you helping me on this. I really want to stick with the same base for the folder. Im going to go look at some text work/effect tutorials, because I'm not very good with text work. After that I will have a final release. BTW Sbux, is it possible for you to move this into the work in progress category? or Alexmarcond?
cyberpaxy

cyberpaxy

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 6th 2009, 12:51 am

nav94 wrote:
cyberpaxy wrote:

nope, i dont mind the critique at all. Im very glad you helping me on this. I really want to stick with the same base for the folder. Im going to go look at some text work/effect tutorials, because I'm not very good with text work. After that I will have a final release. BTW Sbux, is it possible for you to move this into the work in progress category? or Alexmarcond?

Once it's done maybe it should become a sticky happy Like a thread dedicated only to folders for storing GGUI stuff....
mirajm212

mirajm212

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 6th 2009, 1:27 am

love the 2nd style of Nav94's Folder =)
simple and clean and sick
cyberpaxy

cyberpaxy

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 6th 2009, 1:30 pm

I made some more GalaxyGUI folders. Released them in a separate thread here. You can use them for storing your GGUI stuff. Do comment/compliment/write a critique happy
nav94

nav94

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 6th 2009, 3:18 pm

mirajm212 wrote:
love the 2nd style of Nav94's Folder =)
simple and clean and sick

thnks, but this is not my full potential. And also, thnks to who ever moved this to WIP!
razar45

razar45

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 7th 2009, 5:06 pm

WOW. nice job. finally someone makes something like this!
nav94

nav94

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 7th 2009, 5:41 pm

razar45 wrote:
WOW. nice job. finally someone makes something like this!
thnks, btw, ur on fire with the comments in the forum today! happy
nav94

nav94

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 7th 2009, 6:46 pm

GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Zvcbt
would you people like a ggui folder with this kind of design?
cyberpaxy

cyberpaxy

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 7th 2009, 11:52 pm

yea.... the base is quite good....
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1April 8th 2009, 10:14 pm

nav94 wrote:
GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Zvcbt
would you people like a ggui folder with this kind of design?

I didn't like the ggui folders the way they were being done wink , this base looks more appealing, at least for me.....

Ps: sbux or alxmrcondes, ignore the fact that the quoted nav94 post was reported, i hit the report button accidentaly when trying to actually quote the post on my iphone :s

Peace
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)   GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!) Icon_minitime1

GGUI folder icons (GGUI Exclusive!)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: Work in Progress -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | Computers and Internet | Computers | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com