Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

How would you improve Galaxy GUI?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

How would you improve Galaxy GUI? Vide
PostSubject: How would you improve Galaxy GUI?   How would you improve Galaxy GUI? Icon_minitime1March 21st 2009, 5:14 pm

I think it's time for some "spring updating" on Galaxy GUI. What do you guys think Galaxy GUI is missing/lacking in or do you think we have something that is not needed?

Give us some of your ideas on how you would improve Galaxy GUI, this can include anything from adding a new element to a site, to removing something completely smile.
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: How would you improve Galaxy GUI?   How would you improve Galaxy GUI? Icon_minitime1March 21st 2009, 7:31 pm

There needs to be a little more structure, for a start. For example the whole 'redesign GGUI' contest is just floating about in the breeze, no one really knows what's happening. There needs to be a deadline, bumps by staff to remind people, as well as a slightly more... not professional, but snazzier look about it all. Do some graphics, jazz it up a bit.

I also think that the staff need to be a little bit more organized. Assign some roles, Sbux needs to organize them. Things like the screenshot threads that are never done on time, inconsistencies in rules; one mod will just warn a member, another will come along later and lock their thread, etc. And keep more things to the staff section, too much of it happens in the public eye.

But apart from that, I think that the atmosphere in the community you've got going here is brilliant. We're not the biggest site, we're not the most popular site. But IMO, we are the most friendliest, accepting and respectful of all the GUI site. Long live GGUI! lol

EDIT: Oh, the other thing that's bugging me - there's no differentiation between thread titles in the normal GUI section and the iPhone/iPod section. Very confusing in new posts, it needs an [iPhone] tag or summat. It's like, 'yay, a screenshot - oh wait that's their iPhone' tongue
ja2pc

ja2pc

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: How would you improve Galaxy GUI?   How would you improve Galaxy GUI? Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2009, 2:12 am

One thing : More Contests Please...with a lot of goodies for prizes Oo happy

and I might b picky here but lets change the look of this forum to somethin cool, shiny and with noise. Do u understand where im gettin at...?
h i s o k a

h i s o k a

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: How would you improve Galaxy GUI?   How would you improve Galaxy GUI? Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2009, 6:07 am

Totally agree with Randomus...

And also one more idea: I saw in other sites (mostly blogs) something about "the stes of the week" or somthing like that. The thing is about widen out knowledge and to warn us or get our attention in other websites, even its small, so we can make like "The GGUI group around the net" we can leave a good impression in these sites so they'll at least take some minutes to look over our forum..
nav94

nav94

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: How would you improve Galaxy GUI?   How would you improve Galaxy GUI? Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2009, 11:44 am

also, I think we should have something along the lines of release of the week. There, you guys get to pick, or have a poll or something like that to decide which was the best submission of the week in each section. So we could have a different one for Wallpapers, icons, and so on... Hope you get wat im sayin happy
StupidGirl

StupidGirl

PostSubject: Re: How would you improve Galaxy GUI?   How would you improve Galaxy GUI? Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2009, 1:33 pm

randomus_r wrote:

EDIT: Oh, the other thing that's bugging me - there's no differentiation between thread titles in the normal GUI section and the iPhone/iPod section. Very confusing in new posts, it needs an [iPhone] tag or summat. It's like, 'yay, a screenshot - oh wait that's their iPhone' tongue
i suggested that long ago, but no one listened. as well as the current background issue, when you first load the site, its loading the old light grey background first, because he never removed it from the css. i gave him the line of code he needed to remove, but it was never done. it irks me, to be frank. as well as the whole deskvibe new site thing. when he first started it, he asked a few of us to help him get it started, so we joined and started populating it. then out of nowhere they wipe it out. no consideration for the people who took time out to help. its not easy to make time for this stuff, some of us are very busy. so then we spend our time and money to help support THIS site, and they go back and launch the new gui site suddenly. it just starts to seem like a racket. now theres a new site we have to apply to AND pay to access another vip section? or is the vip section there just for the extra special members of their choosing? theres no respect or consideration for the people that have helped along the way.
i really like this site. ive even offered to do a pro redesign if a small group of admins/mods would help too. but no. for all the effort some of us are making, nothing gets done. its disheartening.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: How would you improve Galaxy GUI?   How would you improve Galaxy GUI? Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2009, 4:47 pm

Let me make something clear here - DeskVibe is not a part of GGUI is any way, and I no longer "control" the site - it's Jowol's, I just help out with hosting.

DeskVibe is in no way related to Galaxy GUI - it's a separate site/forum, that I don't even really manage anymore, there are no pay VIP positions there either.

As for the CSS issue, I in fact DID look over it, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to change that, the forum phpbb system is VERY messed up - it loads a custom CSS on TOP of another CSS, and if I get rid of the original css (which loads first, causing the background issue) the site will look totally wack, once again because of the poor forum software.

As for the efforts of redesigning and such with nothing ever getting done - there just isn't enough organization, if we were really to do something we would need to talk about it first, like in a chatroom, not vague forum messages and assign a role to every person.
Usually it just goes like this - "oh, i have a great idea", some people agree, and then it floats away in the wind - there's never any actual planning or a group of people working on something.

I'm glad you're brining this stuff up though
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: How would you improve Galaxy GUI?   How would you improve Galaxy GUI? Icon_minitime1March 23rd 2009, 12:28 pm

Agrees, maybe set a date when all who want to be involved can get on IM or IRC or something to sort it out. As to how we can improve, i don't think we can unless we just do it progressively like a few things at a time, no one has the time to work on an overhaul for several months, and if it's just left, then people will abandon us.
hostile

hostile

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: How would you improve Galaxy GUI?   How would you improve Galaxy GUI? Icon_minitime1March 24th 2009, 1:01 pm

Make the header link to https://galaxygui.forumotion.com/ instead of https://galaxygui.forumotion.com/forum.htm, it's better for SEO.

Also, consider making a GalaxyGUI blog. It will add many more pages to our site, and will add to our traffic ranking and boost our pagerank. I could host the blog seeing as this site is hosted with Forumotion.

EDIT: typo =p

Last edited by hostile on March 24th 2009, 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: How would you improve Galaxy GUI?   How would you improve Galaxy GUI? Icon_minitime1March 24th 2009, 1:20 pm

hostile wrote:
Also, consider making a GalaxyGUI blog. It will add many more pages to our site, and will add to our traffic ranking and boost our pagerank. If could host the blog seeing as this site is hosted with Forumotion.

We did a blog a while ago, but it disappeared. Dunno why, 'cause IMO it's a good idea. If you guys want someone to do it, I'm here tongue:D;)lol
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: How would you improve Galaxy GUI?   How would you improve Galaxy GUI? Icon_minitime1March 24th 2009, 7:05 pm

randomus_r wrote:
hostile wrote:
Also, consider making a GalaxyGUI blog. It will add many more pages to our site, and will add to our traffic ranking and boost our pagerank. If could host the blog seeing as this site is hosted with Forumotion.

We did a blog a while ago, but it disappeared. Dunno why, 'cause IMO it's a good idea. If you guys want someone to do it, I'm here tongue:D;)lol

Why? Well, I have enough things on my hand lol I'd be glad to go through with it, but someone needs to do the posting, if you're willing then great tongue
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: How would you improve Galaxy GUI?   How would you improve Galaxy GUI? Icon_minitime1March 25th 2009, 3:50 am

Depends what you would want posting on it, but sure smile
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: How would you improve Galaxy GUI?   How would you improve Galaxy GUI? Icon_minitime1March 27th 2009, 7:40 am

Randomus_r: if your willing i will be your admin side into the forum software to help you with the blog wink obviously posting about recent releases and also maybe some major updates for technology in general wink not an engadget wanna be tho xD
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: How would you improve Galaxy GUI?   How would you improve Galaxy GUI? Icon_minitime1March 27th 2009, 12:40 pm

Sounds good! smile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would you improve Galaxy GUI?   How would you improve Galaxy GUI? Icon_minitime1

How would you improve Galaxy GUI?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Information :: Feedback and Suggestions -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com