Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads Vide
PostSubject: Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads   Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads Icon_minitime1February 26th 2008, 12:20 pm

Apple has beefed up its line of MacBook and MacBook Pros this morning with three new MacBooks and three new MacBook Pros. Most notably, the upgrade sees more powerful Intel Core 2 Duo processors and 802.11n wireless networking. Also MacBook Pros get the multi-touch trackpad first seen on the MacBook Air and 802.11n wireless networking.

The MacBook upgrades include a 2.1 GHz model with a 120GB hard drive and 1GB of memory for $1,099. A 2.4 GHz MacBook with 2GB of memory and a 160GB hard drive is available for $1,299. And finally, a black 2.4 GHz MacBook with 2GB of memory and a 250GB hard drive is available for $1,499.

Optional customization includes up to 4GB of memory and 250GB hard drive on all of the MacBooks.

For the line of MacBook Pros, a 15.4-inch widescreen, 2.4 GHz model with 2GB of memory and a 200GB hard drive is available for $1,999. A 15.4-inch widescreen with a 2.5 GHz processor, 2GB of memory and 250GB hard drive is available for $2,499 and a 17-inch 2.5 GHZ modem with 2GB of memory and a 250GB hard drive is available for $2,799.

The MacBook Pro line also includes the LED-backlit screen and keyboard not included in previous versions. Further customization options include up to a 2.6 GHz processor, 300GB hard drive and more.

For those looking to find something to complain about regarding this release, Apple is no longer including the Apple Remote free with its laptops.

These upgrades by Apple aren't mind-blowing, but its definitely nice to see a little speed boost, but even better to see the multi-touch trackpad to be included in Apple's MacBook Pro laptop selections.
zcollvee

zcollvee

PostSubject: Re: Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads   Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads Icon_minitime1February 27th 2008, 6:49 am

I love these updates
"You for got to mention about the 2GB shuffle?"
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads   Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads Icon_minitime1March 10th 2008, 12:18 am

The new MacBook Pro shall be mine in 6 months. happy
razar45

razar45

PostSubject: Re: Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads   Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads Icon_minitime1March 10th 2008, 1:16 am

it shall be mine in like a week tongue
godfather

godfather

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads   Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads Icon_minitime1March 14th 2008, 7:15 am

Do you think the Macbooks will get the multi-touch trackpads and LED-backlit screen in the next update, which according to what I have been reading is in June. Thoughts....
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads   Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads Icon_minitime1March 14th 2008, 1:57 pm

godfather wrote:
Do you think the Macbooks will get the multi-touch trackpads and LED-backlit screen in the next update, which according to what I have been reading is in June. Thoughts....

Of course, if the macbook pro's are getting it, I'm sure MacBooks will be updated as well wink
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads   Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads Icon_minitime1March 15th 2008, 12:20 pm

hopefully.... that would be AWESOME. i love it on the iPod touch (not the iPhone though) and my friends dad has a MacAir and its so sweet to use it. reminds me of the Microsoft Surface but in mini version tongue
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads   Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads Icon_minitime1

Apple Unleeashes new MacBooks with Multi-Touch Trackpads

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Hardware -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com