Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Bowtie Annoyance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1February 17th 2009, 11:25 pm

I can't seem to install a theme into Bowtie on 10.5.6
I've tried double clicking, dragging into the right directories, but still, the themes list is empty. What am I doing wrong? confused

I've tried everything, restarting the app, even restarting the system and nothing
thatlavaguy

thatlavaguy

I'm New
I'm New

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1February 18th 2009, 2:25 am

What about using Appzapper then redownload it?
evildead

evildead

Subscriber
Subscriber

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1February 18th 2009, 2:28 am

i'm certainly no computer whiz but the only way i know how to do it is to double click on the theme. i don't think there's a directory per se, of themes that you can just add one into. anyone got a clue?
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1February 18th 2009, 8:18 am

kill the app, for reals tho no stupid silly "force quit"

terminal:
$ killall bowtie.app

then restart the computer
then reinstall bowtie.app using appzapper to kill it off your system. then double click the theme.
Mitch

Mitch

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1February 18th 2009, 8:20 am

Weird. It's always double-click for me, and then a Growl notification saying it has been installed. I've got Laurent on AIM, next time he's online I'll ask him about your problem.
Mitch

Mitch

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1February 18th 2009, 8:21 am

alxmarcond wrote:
kill the app, for reals tho no stupid silly "force quit"

terminal:
$ killall bowtie.app

then restart the computer
then reinstall bowtie.app using appzapper to kill it off your system. then double click the theme.

If he double clicks the theme after he's deleted Bowtie itself, surely that's not going to work. I don't understand what you mean.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1February 18th 2009, 7:51 pm

ok what am I missing some plugin for leopard?
I get an installed notification but the themes list is plain empty
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1February 18th 2009, 8:23 pm

dunno, for me was just download double click and it was done..
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1February 18th 2009, 8:35 pm

for me i just copy them to the themes folder. confused
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1February 18th 2009, 9:25 pm

he said he tried that xD
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1February 18th 2009, 10:13 pm

what i did if i remember well, was downloading the app from the website, and the Starter themes pack or whatever the hell that is.. and it just worked :\

good luck
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1February 18th 2009, 10:35 pm

ruipalmeira wrote:
what i did if i remember well, was downloading the app from the website, and the Starter themes pack or whatever the hell that is.. and it just worked :\

good luck

That's what I did, but not working
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1February 19th 2009, 1:59 pm

Lol unlucky :\ .. i'm not being lucky with macos myself.... lol
sound usually works but now and then it tends to stop... lol don't know what's going over there.. and itunes is giving me kernel panics everytime i try to switch musics very fast, example : i am listening 1 song, then i change to the next, and do this quicly like 5/6 times and BANG kernel panic refering to the itunes module :|
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1February 19th 2009, 7:42 pm

Well, luckily everything works for me aside from bowtie sad
PrekeshC

PrekeshC

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1March 5th 2009, 4:58 pm

Sbux i'm having the same problem :/ its annoying because if i add a new theme it doesn't install but it lets me modify existing themes and then double click them and..it adds them but replaces the old ones.

and im on 10.5.6 too
pjdark

pjdark

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1March 5th 2009, 6:58 pm

That's a strange problem. I rarely use bowtie but i can't suggest anything that hasn't been said already. Weird.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1March 5th 2009, 8:16 pm

PrekeshC wrote:
Sbux i'm having the same problem :/ its annoying because if i add a new theme it doesn't install but it lets me modify existing themes and then double click them and..it adds them but replaces the old ones.

and im on 10.5.6 too

So, you actually got themes working? What did you do to them?
PrekeshC

PrekeshC

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1March 13th 2009, 3:38 pm

SbuxBlaze wrote:
PrekeshC wrote:

and im on 10.5.6 too

So, you actually got themes working? What did you do to them?

the themes that i had on bowtie were installed months ago, i never really download more themes unless they look reallllly good tongue

but I'm guessing its Safari 4, its bugged out a few applications (Microsoft messenger for example). The same could have happened here, try uninstalling safari 4 and then trying to install some themes.
three

three

I'm New
I'm New

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1April 9th 2009, 4:04 pm

I have Safari 4 on my Mac and Bowtie seems to work fine, some themes don't look correct though. I'd recommend completely deleting the application using AppZapper, and reisntalling it.
Sponsored content

Bowtie Annoyance Vide
PostSubject: Re: Bowtie Annoyance   Bowtie Annoyance Icon_minitime1

Bowtie Annoyance

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Operating Systems :: Mac OSX Discussion -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com