Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Vide
PostSubject: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1January 25th 2009, 5:22 pm

The look of Galaxy GUI has becoming boring and outdated, a deskmodding site needs to look good! It's time this site gets a new look and we want you to help design it for us!
Members of the community, you guys, get a chance to create a mock-up of how YOU would like to see Galaxy GUI!

If your design is chosen and used, the winner will be rewarded with a prize of an unlimited subscription!

There are a few guidelines for you to follow should you wish to participate in this competition

Guidelines

- The design must look like a forum and be possible to make
- Please include at least 2 designs, one of the front page, and one of the pages where there are posts from users
- Submissions deadline will be February 20th, 2009
- You submission absolutely MUST have all the images you used in the creation separately (e.x., banner image, button images, etc) AND an overall preview

Good Luck and I hope there are some willing participants! happy

SbuxBlaze
Founder of Galaxy GUI

Last edited by SbuxBlaze on February 9th 2009, 8:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1January 26th 2009, 12:38 am

it's been 2 years since i've last designed something that could be called a webiste :| ...
i'll see if i can contribute with something nice.. but keep the prize for you smile, rather become a paid subscriptor happy
Goobacks

Goobacks

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1January 26th 2009, 5:09 am

Umm...is staff allowed to participate? lol
If so I'll try my hand at this, been awhile since I messed with forum skins
Also if for some odd reason I do win you can give the 6 bucks to yourself wink
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1January 26th 2009, 6:58 am

$6! lol

Might have a go all the same happy I do think a paid subscription would be a better prize though tongue
h i s o k a

h i s o k a

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1January 26th 2009, 10:53 am

randomus_r wrote:

I do think a paid subscription would be a better prize though
+1

A question : do we need to post a preview only? because I can make like whole theme with buttons and things...(I mean its only ready to upload images and link them)
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1January 26th 2009, 12:07 pm

Quick question - What sort of limitations do we have with the forum? I mean, there's no point in us doing brilliant designs and then you turning around and saying actually we can't do that 'cause the forum won't allow us. Is the current layout the only way to do it? And what sort of bits are images or coded? smile
StupidGirl

StupidGirl

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1January 26th 2009, 12:39 pm

six dollars hahaha oh lordy.

i donno why youre so hell-bent on changing the look of the site so often.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1January 26th 2009, 2:13 pm

By popular demand I changed the prize to a 6 month subscription, an $11 value lol
And the limitations would not be a lot actually, just that navbar would need to be in place

@hisoka, you need both the images and a preview, or else it would not be possible to do
h i s o k a

h i s o k a

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1January 27th 2009, 6:13 pm

Do we post the previews in this topic?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1January 27th 2009, 8:58 pm

Yeah
h i s o k a

h i s o k a

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1January 28th 2009, 7:23 am

Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Imilk_10
Still in process

Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Imilkp10
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 11:04 am

Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) 2mwbbj6

All i have for the time being happy more too come wink please view in full size btw else it looks shoot worried

did some more happy

Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) T8p6bs

and somemores happy

Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Bwy1234110811e

but idk if that is possible lol... might take some smart hacking to do it (again view in full or else its shizz
ja2pc

ja2pc

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 1:17 pm

hold up should we include a html with that?
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 1:21 pm

no just images and files once your tottaly done. post WIP tho so other people can comment. Us admins will do the coding wink

btw, heres some more work i did happy

http://www.imagedash.com/uploads/cqs1234113599z.png
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 3:12 pm

Wow they rock!

Alx, i think you need to work on the colours you use, i'm finding the black on dark blue/purple a bit headachy.

Hisoka, black and white is very cool!
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 3:14 pm

i love hisoka's approach happy
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 3:41 pm

@everybody: lol, im skinning different elements and pasting them on. Blur out the current stuff and only look at the stuff that has been changed. I will work more on the different elements of the page later. No black bg btw wink
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 3:56 pm

alxmarcond wrote:
@everybody: lol, im skinning different elements and pasting them on. Blur out the current stuff and only look at the stuff that has been changed. I will work more on the different elements of the page later. No black bg btw wink

Oooooh Ok then i'm on board for either yours or Hisoka's wink
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 4:22 pm

Gonna work on mine soon, I have some neat ideas in my head happy
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 6:29 pm

Looking awesome!
I didn't check this thread in a while, and I have to say there are some nice designs happy

As for the banner + navbar, i THINK it might be possible. If we placed the navbar right next to the banner and used the same size
ja2pc

ja2pc

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 6:32 pm

should we include a .PSD just incase you guys want to edit it ? worried
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 6:47 pm

Anything's welcome! Especially a PSD tongue
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 7:20 pm

SbuxBlaze wrote:
Looking awesome!
I didn't check this thread in a while, and I have to say there are some nice designs happy

As for the banner + navbar, i THINK it might be possible. If we placed the navbar right next to the banner and used the same size

thats what i was thinking wink
ja2pc

ja2pc

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 11:00 pm

This is just my WIP for the GGUI theme contest please leave some suggestions happy
CLICK THE IMAGE FOR HIGHER QUALITY VIEW YOU NEED TO SEE THE LITTLE DETAILS happy

Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) 2vbq2c1
hostile

hostile

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 11:03 pm

This design looks perfect as-is. If the site does need to be redesigned, I think it should be much bigger than an $11 project. Otherwise, I say it should stay just like this.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)   Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize) Icon_minitime1

Competition - Redesign Galaxy GUI (Unlimited Sub. Prize)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: General Discussion :: Trash (read only) -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com