Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

PNG Icons in Explorer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooDy

MooDy

PNG Icons in Explorer Vide
PostSubject: PNG Icons in Explorer   PNG Icons in Explorer Icon_minitime1January 8th 2009, 4:27 pm

Is there any chance to have PNG icons (or just something else than .ico) in explorer?
I hate that ugly windows icons, want to have it nice just like a dock, but..I really don't know how/if there is any app to do that.
Thanks for any advice.
razar45

razar45

PostSubject: Re: PNG Icons in Explorer   PNG Icons in Explorer Icon_minitime1January 8th 2009, 6:03 pm

ive got..no idea.. but what do you mean in explorer... you mean like the Back and Forward icons? or just to display the icons in explorer...?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: PNG Icons in Explorer   PNG Icons in Explorer Icon_minitime1January 8th 2009, 8:11 pm

I don't think it's possible to change the icons like folders and files to PNG icons... I could be wrong, I mean it might be possible with other software that changes system icons
MooDy

MooDy

PostSubject: Re: PNG Icons in Explorer   PNG Icons in Explorer Icon_minitime1January 9th 2009, 4:21 am

SbuxBlaze wrote:
I don't think it's possible to change the icons like folders and files to PNG icons... I could be wrong, I mean it might be possible with other software that changes system icons
Yes, you understand what I was asking for...A already know that it isn't possible without any "skinning" application, but I still cannot find it.
Here's PSed screenshot for those who maybe don't absolutely understand:
PNG Icons in Explorer 76326470rs5
jaz

jaz

Resident Pixeljunkie
Resident Pixeljunkie

PostSubject: Re: PNG Icons in Explorer   PNG Icons in Explorer Icon_minitime1January 9th 2009, 12:54 pm

For explorer, you need apps like Icontweaker, BeeIcons or IconPackager.
All these apps use ICOs and can change your icons system-wide or individually.
I use the later and am quite pleased with it, but it's around 20$ for a lifetime license.

If you'd like to change the icons in your toolbar, download Styler.
You can do many other things with this app, as well as control icon size and spacing in explorer.
You'll find various themes for it at DeviantART & in WindowBlinds Packages.
Good luck smile
MooDy

MooDy

PostSubject: Re: PNG Icons in Explorer   PNG Icons in Explorer Icon_minitime1January 9th 2009, 12:57 pm

Thanks many times wink
jaz

jaz

Resident Pixeljunkie
Resident Pixeljunkie

PostSubject: Re: PNG Icons in Explorer   PNG Icons in Explorer Icon_minitime1January 9th 2009, 1:40 pm

You're very welcome MooDy smile
Dashsutra

Dashsutra

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: PNG Icons in Explorer   PNG Icons in Explorer Icon_minitime1January 12th 2009, 6:25 pm

razar45 wrote:
ive got..no idea.. but what do you mean in explorer... you mean like the Back and Forward icons? or just to display the icons in explorer...?

It is possible with Reshacker and two other kind of freeware
there is a tutorial around the web but it´s unfortently in german and i try to translate it.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PNG Icons in Explorer   PNG Icons in Explorer Icon_minitime1

PNG Icons in Explorer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Software -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com