Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak Vide
PostSubject: Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak   Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak Icon_minitime1December 10th 2008, 3:33 am

From the comments on the iPhone dev team's latest blog post:

Quote :

Originally Posted by luigic
Is there ever going to be a jailbreak for the ipod touch 2G. I just got one but it's of no use without the jailbreak.
Love your page guys, keep up the good work. From Spain

Quote :

Originally Posted by pytey (dev team)
We are not looking at the iPod touch 2G at the moment. It isn't even on our radar to be honest.

Quote :

Originally Posted by da_petcu21
I thought you said that you are intrested in the platform.
Anyway I'm getting one for christmas, as I'm not that bothered by the lack of jailbreak.
By the way, I saw that the RiP Dev guys made a tool called Pusher to install Installer on unjalibroken iPhones. Does this works with iPod Touches 2G too?

Quote :

Originally Posted by MuscleNerd (dev team)
If the application CPU or bootrom used by the iPod 2G make their way into some future iPhone, then we'd definitely be motivated to talk more about it. I think it's *still* the case that only one of us even has an iPod 2G
source:
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/62953230/duct-tape-and-string#respond
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak   Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak Icon_minitime1December 10th 2008, 5:08 am

Yeah, they've said before they're not working on it. Although they did say they would get round to it at some point. Wait for 3G Unlock and see what happens I guess.
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak   Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak Icon_minitime1December 10th 2008, 1:00 pm

*Strokes 1G*
The 2G is a good gadget and a jailbreak only enhances it slightly.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak   Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak Icon_minitime1December 10th 2008, 5:14 pm

Ah, this topic frustrates me. However, on the bright side I'm very glad I got a 2G iPod, speakers are a huge thing for me, especially for playing games and such
Edin.

Edin.

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak   Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak Icon_minitime1December 10th 2008, 5:49 pm

Another Dev Team is working on it called "Chronic Dev". You can check them out below. They seem promising.

http://chronic-dev.org/blog/
http://code.google.com/p/chronicdev/
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak   Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak Icon_minitime1December 10th 2008, 6:06 pm

Hah, looks much for promising for the 2G Jailbreak than iPhone-dev, which as they said have been doing nothing towards one
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak   Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak Icon_minitime1December 10th 2008, 8:57 pm

SbuxBlaze wrote:
Ah, this topic frustrates me. However, on the bright side I'm very glad I got a 2G iPod, speakers are a huge thing for me, especially for playing games and such

sad

why didn't they include the speaker in the first place!? crying
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak   Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak Icon_minitime1December 11th 2008, 2:29 pm

Because that would mean that there would be nothing to sell the 2nd gen on
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak   Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak Icon_minitime1December 11th 2008, 7:41 pm

BOyOfWONDEr wrote:
Because that would mean that there would be nothing to sell the 2nd gen on

the better battery. lol
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak   Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak Icon_minitime1December 16th 2008, 9:25 am

GOOD! News for the 2G Jailbreak! happy Chronic Dev Blog has worked out the problems, and and 'idea' of how they may work around it.

Latest Blog Post - A New Challenge
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak   Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak Icon_minitime1December 16th 2008, 8:44 pm

0xB4DC0D3 error at the website worried
And it says kthx for the title! hack?! worried
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak   Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak Icon_minitime1

Bad news for the 2g Jailbreak

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: iPod and iPhone :: Discussion and Support -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com