Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Vide
PostSubject: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 20th 2008, 8:27 pm

I don't know if anyone noticed, but there has been a Site design being updated news bulletin for the last few days tongue.

I've been working on Version 4 of Galaxy GUI which retains the original GGUI look but adds improved loading times through image optimization as well a refreshed look. I need your ideas, thoughts and suggestions.

To see the theme, click this link: https://galaxygui.forumotion.com/forum.htm?change_version=subsilver&change_temp=2&change_version=subsilver

Remember, this is constantly changing

Last edited by SbuxBlaze on November 22nd 2008, 5:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jowol

Jowol

CAD Master
CAD Master

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 20th 2008, 9:31 pm

Great job it look really nice and simple
Goobacks

Goobacks

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 20th 2008, 9:37 pm

woah boy, that is one really bright theme.
I really am used to the little darker look we have going here and idk if going bright white would be best.
If you want I could make a rough design of what I think might be best, if not that's cool lol.
All I know is that if you go with a white theme you do have to have some darker colors to sort of balance it out, otherwise it feels "white washed" and way too bright for most people.

Idk, that's just my thoughts, you can ignore them it's fine, a lot of the time I tend to be wrong about these things haha
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 21st 2008, 2:17 am

@Goobacks, I'd love to see a mockup from you smile, I'm not too creative myself lol
Alexx

Alexx

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 21st 2008, 2:34 am

Yeah a bit bright ... but still looks very fresh smile
Goobacks

Goobacks

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 21st 2008, 2:38 am

SbuxBlaze wrote:
@Goobacks, I'd love to see a mockup from you smile, I'm not too creative myself lol

Alrighty, I have friday and saturday off, so I'll see what I can come up with happy
Manina

Manina

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 21st 2008, 5:03 am

I'm sorry, but I really don't like that at all,
I'm actually VERY happy with the current design, and I don't understand your need to constantly redesign this site (why change a winning situation?).

I don't mean to sound harsh, I'm just fed up with the constant changes
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 21st 2008, 6:43 am

SbuxBlaze wrote:
I don't know if anyone noticed, but there has been a Site design being updated news bulletin for the last few days tongue.

Yep, I noticed. However clicking the 'Read more' link just links back to the page I'm on worried

Anyhowdy, the concept is waay to bright surprised Needs come more contrast, and I don't like the whole 'target' logo, TBH. Looks a little... Cheap tongue
Dashsutra

Dashsutra

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 21st 2008, 11:01 am

well i looks like an apple design and very futuristic what I like tongue
pjdark

pjdark

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 21st 2008, 12:14 pm

Yeah a bit bright, but it does look good though. I personally like the layout as it is now because i like the contrast, and overall smooth look it has. But i know when you look at something over and over for a period of time you just want a different look for the site. Nothing wrong with that. Either way it's all good. smile
MacDeviant

MacDeviant

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 21st 2008, 1:00 pm

The GUI looks good... looking forward to seeing the eye candy, buttons, background, etc...
StupidGirl

StupidGirl

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 21st 2008, 2:03 pm

i hate change sad
Cookie

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 21st 2008, 2:19 pm

I like the actual theme, I hope v4 will not be in white.
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 21st 2008, 3:12 pm

What's wrong with this one?! Honestly i'm beggining to think that the only reason people come to this site is to see if it's changed again... thumbs down
jaz

jaz

Resident Pixeljunkie
Resident Pixeljunkie

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 21st 2008, 6:37 pm

Yayx! My eyes hurt tongue I need me a pair of cool
I know you guys want something simple, minimalistic but white is always a nono.
Try blending some toned down earth colors, might look nice smile
But... I like this site the way it is. I don't understand why the need to change.
Endless13

Endless13

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 22nd 2008, 6:15 am

Try to keep the first concept cuz all the other versions were like...bah...

wink
MacDeviant

MacDeviant

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 22nd 2008, 1:20 pm

Not liking the buttons, the old ones, theater curtains, fit the theme perfectly.
Shifty Lem

Shifty Lem

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 22nd 2008, 2:00 pm

I like the preview theme although it is a little bright, change is a good thing (I don't want to sound harsh or seem like I'm attacking anyone here but this site is about customizing, we have a constant stream of screen shots in the threads form people changing their desktops and your complaining about the site changing seems a bit silly to think that some things can change and others can't.)
StupidGirl

StupidGirl

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 22nd 2008, 2:53 pm

Shifty Lem wrote:
I like the preview theme although it is a little bright, change is a good thing (I don't want to sound harsh or seem like I'm attacking anyone here but this site is about customizing, we have a constant stream of screen shots in the threads form people changing their desktops and your complaining about the site changing seems a bit silly to think that some things can change and others can't.)
its never good to constantly change the look and layout of a site. especially if the success of a site depends on its viewers/members/clients. can you imagine an online store changing their look and layout all the time? a site should have a recognizable look, familiar, so people know they are at the right place. and the layout should be consistent, so no one has to re-learn where everything is, where features are and how everything works. its off-putting and annoying when a site keeps changing.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 22nd 2008, 3:56 pm

UPDATE

Galaxy GUI v4 will retain the original GGUI look. The interface will just be slightly improved and load times decreased with image optimization.

You can take a look at the preview again, the noticeable differences for right now are the forums width as well as a slightly darker gradient color scheme smile
Goobacks

Goobacks

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 22nd 2008, 7:27 pm

Good idea to keep the original look, I couldn't come up with anything that looked decent and went with the feel of the site.
Now you just need something to replace the white background lol
Jowol

Jowol

CAD Master
CAD Master

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 22nd 2008, 7:41 pm

maybe a background that wouldn't just be gray.
Manina

Manina

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 22nd 2008, 9:13 pm

How about the same color as in the header for the background?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 22nd 2008, 10:56 pm

Manina wrote:

texture as well, or too much?
Jowol

Jowol

CAD Master
CAD Master

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1November 22nd 2008, 10:59 pm

SbuxBlaze wrote:
Manina wrote:

texture as well, or too much?

Texture because it would look fade with only the color
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview   Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview Icon_minitime1

Galaxy GUI v4 - A Preview

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: General Discussion :: Trash (read only) -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com