Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Spotlight on Apple

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 14th 2008, 5:06 pm

Apple has launched a new-look range of MacBook laptops that do away with a conventional mouse in favour of the multi-touch technology found on the iPhone.

Spotlight on Apple Macbook-jobs_1009437c

The changes include the introduction of a new entry-level MacBook computer with a glass screen and metal casing, that also features a LED backlit display. The mousepad has been replaced by a glass multi-touch trackpad, similar to the touchscreen found on Apple's iPhone, which allows users to sweep their fingers across the pad to switch between programs and zoom in and out of documents and web pages. Prices for the new MacBook will start at $1,299 (£750).

Speaking at the launch in San Francisco, Steve Jobs, Apple's chief executive, said he thought the new laptops would be "a huge success".

Apple also announced that it would be using a super-powerful graphics card from Nvidia in its new machines, in place of one made by Intel. Jobs said the graphics card was "a stunner", and said that it promised five-times faster graphics than previous MacBooks.

There were also some improvements made to Apple's high-end MacBook Pro computer, which features the same glass and aluminium styling as the new MacBook and a faster processor and bigger hard drive for storing music, photos and movies, as well as to the super-thin MacBook Air, which now features a faster processor and more storage. Apple also cut the price of its entry-level MacBook from $1,099 (£650) to $999 (£500).

However, there was no sign of the sub-$800 budget "netbook" computer some analysts had predicted. Steve Jobs said: "In terms of netbooks, that's a nascent market that's just getting started."

He also dismissed calls for high-definition Blu-ray DVD players to be built into Apple's range of computers, calling the format "a bag of hurt".

"[Blu-ray] is great to watch movies, but the licensing of the technology is so complex. We're waiting until things settle down and Blu-ray takes off in the marketplace," he said.

Although Apple has scored recent successes with its iPod range of music players and critically acclaimed iPhone, the computer side of the business is still crucial to Apple's fortunes. In the first three quarters of this financial year, Apple said it had sold 7.1 million Macs – equal to its total Mac sales for 2007.

Despite hopes by some in the technology community that Apple would launch a touchscreen computer, no such device was forthcoming. "So far [touchscreens] haven't made a lot of sense to us," said Jobs.

Steve Jobs also laughed off continued rumours about his health. Speculation has been rife in recent months that the pancreatic cancer he successfully fought a couple of years ago had returned. Last week, a false news story circulated online claiming that Mr Jobs had suffered a heart attack. During the press conference he flashed up a slide that read: "110/70 – Steve's blood pressure", to huge applause from the audience.
Jowol

Jowol

CAD Master
CAD Master

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 14th 2008, 5:21 pm

honestly it the ugliest mac book they ever did.
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 14th 2008, 5:43 pm

i think it looks pretty good
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 14th 2008, 5:46 pm

CAN I HAZ CLICK BACK>?
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 14th 2008, 6:01 pm

has any1 seen the BS specs? the 1300 used 2 b 2.4 now its only 2.0 and the 1000 is 2.1 and 1600 is 2.4 its so gay so now i gotta pay 1500 for a 2.4 (usin friends ed discount)

annd idk how that glass screen is gonna turn out, i hope good

other than that tho im in love
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 14th 2008, 11:30 pm

I think they look AMAZING, but im not sure raising their price was a good idea - WTF!
It's nice that they're selling the older one for $100 less, but it looks like an antique next to the new ones lol.

Also, it's just really stupid imo that instead of LOWERING the entry price, they raise it -_-

@lbroskee, it includes a much better video card, so im guessing that's what caused the price to be higher, still like I said a couple of times, the higher price is BS
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 14th 2008, 11:39 pm

well either way im gettin the 1600 one, b/c i dun wanna have to upgrade again in a year, i hope the glass screen is really strong otherwise imma have 2 keep my old 1 for wen i go out 2 my friends, :/ but if any1 has a better idea for me plz let me know b/c i want a mac w/ at least 2.4 GHz
Cash Eye

Cash Eye

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 15th 2008, 10:40 am

How about an all black Mac Book?
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 15th 2008, 10:48 am

nope, they got rid of it, only the white plastic is still left
Cash Eye

Cash Eye

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 15th 2008, 11:13 am

So they are just going to have the Mac book in just one flavor now?

And Im guessing they wont change the 17 inch MB Pro right?
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 15th 2008, 12:11 pm

well u get the white plastic macbook and then the new design, and w/ MB Pro u get the old 15 in design and then the new 1
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 15th 2008, 7:10 pm

@lbroskee, the 15" is new, the 17" isnt. Another stupid thing, they should have updated the 17" too sad

Anyways, the white plastic macbook is most likely not being produced anymore, so it'll disappear from stores pretty soon. I'm guessing they're just trying to get rid of it
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 15th 2008, 7:24 pm

well idk b/c the specs have jumped up 2 b/c 2.1 i believe used 2 b the 1 w/ combo drives now they all have superdrives
GoSco

GoSco

Administrator
Administrator

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 16th 2008, 3:17 am

I'm buying one next week when I visit my local apple store. Not too keen on the black frame but I'm not really fussed. I just need it for 'work' and university.
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 16th 2008, 7:46 am

wow i jus saw a G4 vid and wow the glare is bad outside
Cash Eye

Cash Eye

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 16th 2008, 10:42 am

The white is the only thing that sucks, it gets so damn dirty.

That poor white mac book at best buy xDD
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 17th 2008, 10:31 pm

mmm, my friend just got his delivered... omg, its so sexy happy so fast.... runs CoD4 pretty smoothly too happy mwahahahahaha!
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 17th 2008, 11:50 pm

what model and processor?
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 18th 2008, 8:37 am

MPB, cost him 23,000 :O his parents are rich as hell and give him anything he wants <_<
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 18th 2008, 8:49 am

cool then the 2.4 MB shud b able to run it, unlike my crappy 1st gen MB. lol
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1October 18th 2008, 11:40 am

lol, yeah, the default is actually pretty good, 23,000 is the max configuration btw :O 4 terabytes of HDD! i dunno what hes ganna do with that... well, he did get a TiVo...
Sponsored content

Spotlight on Apple Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotlight on Apple   Spotlight on Apple Icon_minitime1

Spotlight on Apple

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: News Corner -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com