Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

new to 2.1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 10:17 am

question...

i'm downloadin raging thunder and the filename is "iFuse". crash nitro kart also uses iFuse. if i rename one, would any error occur like "newname.app"
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 10:24 am

doesnt work because of the releations in the programs to iFues.app, you have to choose :/ i chose Raging T. personally, much more fun and doesnt glitch on slow frame rates, also a more complete game wink
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 10:25 am

okay this is fail.

when i ever do the extract the .app file from the .ipa, after loading it onto my ipod via winscp and setting the permissions and ticking that checkbox correctly, after respringing and pushing the icon to open it i get "the applications "raging thunder" cannot be opened" error message. same goes to spore.

anything wrong here? i set the permissions and things correctly.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 11:58 am

ohh,,, haha, open bossprefs go to more in the upper right hand corner and set fix user(maybe dir) permissions and respring and it should work
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 9:46 pm

nope. still doesn't work. sad
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 11:29 pm

As for overclocking - Just to warn you, it might overheat. Battery life WILL go down, but theres a certain risk.

You'll probably fry your processor
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1October 12th 2008, 8:28 pm

yeah ive thought about that, thats why im ganna try my friends first xD

try a rejailbreak jnskyliner... or just try a virgin install of 2.1 and then download something from the app store and see if that works
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1October 13th 2008, 1:18 am

OH YES! I finally found the easiest way to install .IPA files!

http://ipodtouched.net/index.php?p=307

I just installed Pool right now! happy
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1October 13th 2008, 8:37 pm

lol, that never worked well for me.... iTunes would delete my downloads upon sync :/
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1October 13th 2008, 8:42 pm

mine is running fine.

i got raging thunder, pool, super monkey ball and KOI POND!
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1October 13th 2008, 9:09 pm

congrats!
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1October 14th 2008, 3:20 am

I tried to install jaadu and it deleted all of my legal iTunes apps and i can't resync so i gotta restore sad
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1October 14th 2008, 9:04 am

asphalt 4 isn't as good as i'd hope it would be. sad nice choices of cars though. Nissan Skyline R34 happy

I <3 KOI POND!
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1October 14th 2008, 7:10 pm

@ BOyOfWONDEr: I think thats what happened to me xD

koipond isnt that great.. i mean if ur bored then yes it is but other than that its just a pretty icon xD
itsmyname

I'm New
I'm New

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1November 1st 2008, 7:34 pm

Is there a way to upgrade the firmware WITHOUT losing all the files. music, bookmarks, themes added etc?
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1November 2nd 2008, 7:03 am

itsmyname wrote:
Is there a way to upgrade the firmware WITHOUT losing all the files. music, bookmarks, themes added etc?

In short...nope

You need to restore to upgrade and then re-jailbreak (if you want) which you can do without losing data.
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1November 2nd 2008, 9:44 am

EDIT:

Posted in the wrong section WOOPS worried
itsmyname

I'm New
I'm New

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1November 15th 2008, 12:45 pm

BOyOfWONDEr wrote:
itsmyname wrote:

In short...nope

You need to restore to upgrade and then re-jailbreak (if you want) which you can do without losing data.

Well I remember the last time I upgraded it to jailbroken custom firmware 2.0.2, I lost all the files

So ur saying it IS possible? How?
Sponsored content

new to 2.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

new to 2.1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: iPod and iPhone :: Discussion and Support -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com