Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

A little iPod Touch help please... :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

A little iPod Touch help please... :) Vide
PostSubject: A little iPod Touch help please... :)   A little iPod Touch help please... :) Icon_minitime1September 25th 2008, 6:24 am

I just got an iPod Touch for my birthday, and I was looking at Jailbreaking. I've done a lot of searching and crap, but can't find anything that's REALLY simple, lol :p Also, a lot of them are for slightly older firmware - 2.0/2.0.1/2.0.2 etc, but mine's on 2.1.1. Does this make any difference, and are there any real n00b tutorials on how to jailbreak/theme/etc? I'm confused sad

Thanks! happy
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A little iPod Touch help please... :)   A little iPod Touch help please... :) Icon_minitime1September 25th 2008, 10:42 am

Also would like to know how to jailbreak the latest firmware since im planning on getting one very soon
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: A little iPod Touch help please... :)   A little iPod Touch help please... :) Icon_minitime1September 25th 2008, 11:25 am

Jailbreaking 2.1 for MacOS and Windows has really come to just using Quickpwn as the easiest and probably safest method

It's really easy so all you need to do is have the iPod plugged in with the 2.1 firmware version (not sure on 2.1.1). Then click quickpwn.exe which you've downloaded. It will check your firmware version and close iTunes if it's open.
Then it will walk you through all the neccesary steps like choosing a whether you want Cydia and installer (i just had Cydia), and choosing a boot logo among other simple things. Then it will confirm that you want to jailbreak and it will start the process.
The next step is putting the iPod into a state where the program can access it which is simply done by following the onscreen instructions like hold button down for so and so ect...
It will count you done so it's pretty idiot proof (not that you're idiots smile )
Then it will show what it's doing on the actual iPod screen which should take about five mins before the iPod reboots and you have Cydia/installer icons on your homescreen.

Any questions?

boyofwonderuk@aol.com = AIM

p.s alxmarcond is my only AIM contact how SAD is that? lol

Last edited by BOyOfWONDEr on September 25th 2008, 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: A little iPod Touch help please... :)   A little iPod Touch help please... :) Icon_minitime1September 25th 2008, 11:28 am

hmm, you'll first need to downgrade to 2.1.0 google for the link of that. then you'll want to download QuickPwn... cant get that link cause im a school atm so you'll have to google for that, make sure to get the latest version. I think that WinPwn works for 2.1 but im not sure so to be safe get QuickPwn.
install 2.1 through itunes (hold shift then click restore in the iPod touch window thing) navigate to the IPSW and open it to install it. After thats done restore anyback ups or anything or make one tongue (open task manager and under process close anything to do with apple, including anything from iTunes and anything lie Bonjour or iPodHelper ect... after that open up quick pwn, hit iPod Touch. Uncheck anything about Youtube. check Cydia, Installer and the last option, i forget what it is... after that follow the one screen instructions in the cmd window. most crucial part is the DFU mode. make sure to get that as exact as possible. if gives u the time and times it for you just hit the right buttons at the right times. when you start to just hold the home button hold that down untill the script is done. Then close quickpwn windows. congrats. Open up cydia, install winterboard, bossprefs, and some themes and your set and ready to do some iPod Touch themeing ^_^ hope that helps wink

lol smooth BOW, i just posted almost the exact same thing xD
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: A little iPod Touch help please... :)   A little iPod Touch help please... :) Icon_minitime1September 25th 2008, 11:32 am

alxmarcond wrote:
lol smooth BOW, i just posted almost the exact same thing xD

Dude i totally beat you by like 3mins WHOOP!
(You have stuff i missed) sad
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: A little iPod Touch help please... :)   A little iPod Touch help please... :) Icon_minitime1September 25th 2008, 11:59 am

Aha, thank you guys! smile Seems I'll have to downgrade to 2.1.0 to be safe. Annoying, 'cause it came with that and I updated to 2.1.1 without thinking, lol tongue
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: A little iPod Touch help please... :)   A little iPod Touch help please... :) Icon_minitime1September 25th 2008, 6:51 pm

lol, who knows, if u can live without jailbreak for a few more days jailbreak for 2.1.1 might come out...
itsmyname

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: A little iPod Touch help please... :)   A little iPod Touch help please... :) Icon_minitime1October 3rd 2008, 1:45 pm

Damn I relly want to upgrade to custom firmware 2.1 but I dont want to lose all my music+ theme data, folder edits I made and games etc I put on there
.: Stezz :.

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: A little iPod Touch help please... :)   A little iPod Touch help please... :) Icon_minitime1October 3rd 2008, 5:16 pm

I'm very tempted to jailbreak, its a growing temptation day by day lol...

Hmm, i think I'll stall for a tad longer happy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little iPod Touch help please... :)   A little iPod Touch help please... :) Icon_minitime1

A little iPod Touch help please... :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: iPod and iPhone :: Discussion and Support -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Create a forum | Computers and Internet | Computers | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com