Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Mitch clocking out.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Mitch

Mitch

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 5th 2008, 7:05 pm

I'm hating having to write this, but I've got to take my leave guys. All the things I promised, all the things I said I'd do to help the forum. I feel terrible, but MacThemes needs me right now, aswell as my non-internet life. I just haven't got the time to give this forum the re-design. I'm so sorry guys, I'm leaving the opportunity to Ironicall, our newest admin. I hope he'll make this forum a better place. I'll drop in every now and again to release goodies, but I'm afraid it's the end for me.

I hope this forum gets what it deserves, and I can't apologize enough.

Ironicall, I'd recommend speaking to Alex or alxmarcond for some advice, I'm sorry to leave a potential burden on your shoulders mate. I hope you'll enjoy your role atleast.

All the best, guys.
GoSco

GoSco

Administrator
Administrator

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 5th 2008, 7:21 pm

Sad to see you stand down. I heard MTF has some troubles so I'm guessing you have work to do there.
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 5th 2008, 7:51 pm

surprised worried ...

um... what's going on here, damn... i understand things come up in everyone's lives, but damn why does it all have to happen at the same time??!! gggrrrr.

Here's a suggestion... administrators, moderators, members: maybe we need to expand the staff a bit huh? what you all think? I know that ironicall must have been chosen for the position for a reason, but i'm sure he has a life too.
Also we have a few mods who can't spend every waking moment here...

Maybe by expanding the staff.. particularly moderators, that will take some pressure off the admins so that they can focus on bigger things concerning the forum.
Also do we have the capability for global moderators? maybe we could implement that position as well, the global mods would be able to do some of the things that admins do and all of the things that moderators do.
maybe the current mods could be promoted to globals and they staff can figure out who they would like to try as moderators.

Moderators could be divided so that each moderator has a certain section of the forum that they are responsible for so that they don't get overwhelmed, and then global mods would have jurisdiction over all sections.

We could have some kind of system where certain staff is on a certain times, so no one has to worry that they have to try to be here all the time. i'm almost sure the time could be worked out reasonable for each staff member since everyone lives in different areas.

Just some ideas to ensure that we keep up the great forum that we have going here. Did we have a staff application forum at one time? I think? I know we have some dedicated/veteran members here who might like to help out.
Does anyone agree?
Mitch

Mitch

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 5th 2008, 8:03 pm

Those are some good ideas, chekkz. I'm afraid it's not up to me anymore though, I'm sorry I let you down.

This is a little rude as I've just left, but I'm moving GoSco up to admin. I think he and Ironicall will have this place in good hands. Congratulations, GoSco. The future's partly up to you now mate. All the best.
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 5th 2008, 8:06 pm

^^It's kool. I understand you must have a previous and apparently pretty major commitment to MacThemes, so no hard feelings.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 5th 2008, 8:40 pm

*This site is going into epic failure*

Tron, it's so sad to see you go and I completely understand your situation - dont worry wink. Hopefully you will come back sometime!

As for the site, um, I'm really not sure we have anyone at the moment who can keep up with the site indefinitely. I'm not sure what to do
Mitch

Mitch

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 5th 2008, 8:48 pm

GoSco and Ironicall are our only hope right now. GoSco's been here for a while, he knows how it is. I'm sure he'll sort something out unless he pulls out.
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 5th 2008, 9:00 pm

please dont talk like that guys.. the site isn't gonna be a failure... if you all want i can be staff too, i'm admin on one site and global mod on another and have been moderator on 3 others... the only thing is that i only really have weekends to do much, cause im out of the house pretty much all day during the week.
Goobacks

Goobacks

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 5th 2008, 9:05 pm

I know I'm new and everything but I would like to point out to Sbux that I do have past experience being a moderator, on a site of 50K+ to boot.
I work only 4 days a week
And I am on the computer almost every waking minute.
I have a good grasp on how to run things properly, I'm also working on My web design abilities, started work on a forum layout but the site scrapped the idea of a re-design before we were done.
Idk, just tooting my own horn lol

Also sad to see you leave the position Mitch, I'll stalk you on MTF and on DA (joking lol)
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 5th 2008, 9:21 pm

@Goobacks, you'll definitely be considered for staff. Right now im gonna open up some moderator and admin applications later today.
h i s o k a

h i s o k a

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 6th 2008, 5:00 am

Well , very sad, many are leaving, but yea u have ur life and things.. so good luck
Sakuvien

Sakuvien

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 6th 2008, 5:19 am

I completly agree with chekkz!
And if you need more people for staff, I'm avaliable for that!
GoSco

GoSco

Administrator
Administrator

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 6th 2008, 6:59 am

Just been reading the thread and I'd be happy to take up the role of Admin. I have experience of being an admin in the past and I shall hopefully be able to do it for a long time. Unless something major comes up which is highly unlikely.
Mitch

Mitch

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 6th 2008, 7:30 am

I made you an Admin last night mate, but I think Alex has put you back to Moderator. I think you're spot on for the job.
timbob

timbob

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 6th 2008, 9:07 am

Sorry to see you leave Mitch, keep in contact yeah? smile

I am happy being a moderator as my admin knowledge and photoshop skills aren't too great.

So from my understanding the following people are in the following positions:

Admins:
- Ironicall
- SbuxBlaze

Mods:
- GoSco
- timbob

Tech Support:

- Alxmarcond
ironicall

ironicall

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 6th 2008, 3:17 pm

I'm really sorry to see this....
I wish you luck mate, and hope to see you on the boards some time smile
godfather

godfather

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1September 7th 2008, 12:56 am

h i s o k a wrote:
Well , very sad, many are leaving, but yea u have ur life and things.. so good luck

Exactly...sad your leaving, but good luck mate!
Sponsored content

Mitch clocking out. Vide
PostSubject: Re: Mitch clocking out.   Mitch clocking out. Icon_minitime1

Mitch clocking out.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Information :: Announcements -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com