Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Google Chrome for iPhone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

Google Chrome for iPhone Vide
PostSubject: Google Chrome for iPhone   Google Chrome for iPhone Icon_minitime1September 3rd 2008, 8:23 pm

I am eternally happy now.

just stumbled across this link in an attempt to find some themes for the new fully featured browser from Google dubbed "Google Chrome" (Linkies here tongue http://www.freechromethemes.com/DownloadGoogleChromeForiPhone.php)

but you might ask how i know this is real? Well, im not all that sure but the domain appears to be registered to Google according to WinMatrix user Lord Devrexster. Hopefully this dude isnt full of it but if he isn't, the like i said, i have reached eternal happieness happy what do you guys think about this? Obviously you'll have to jailbreak because there is NO way that Apple will let you run an alternative browser (which also means having to neuter the killswitch which isnt half that bad now that BossPrefs has the neuter tool (command line free)) but im eager to know whether it will be widely accepted over Apples mixedly reviewed Mobile Safari.

Also, who out there IS using Chrome? I know I am, with the full support for Google Gears (my new favourite Google API right after google Android (Cell phone OS for those of you behind the times)) its got to be good. Also, one thing ive noticed is that it seems to be about 3 times faster than Firefox ever was, with a smaller memory footprint than any other browser (except for the IE 8 Beta but it ups the explorer memory footprint because it runs through native explorer) another amazing feature from Chrome is the isolation of each tab into an individual process. This means that if one tab crashes, the whole browser stays in tact and just that tab dies. Its fairly nice. Its also very stable. No stalls or anything yet (well, ok i stalled a little on facebook but just once when i was logging in)

Google Chrome runs off of the open source project WebKit, which is the same thing Safari and Maxthon are based on.
.: Stezz :.

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome for iPhone   Google Chrome for iPhone Icon_minitime1September 24th 2008, 5:39 am

I heard about this awhile back, its official, I doubt Apple will care if you use safari or not...
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome for iPhone   Google Chrome for iPhone Icon_minitime1September 24th 2008, 10:45 am

Not sure i would use it over safari indefinatly on my iPod because i may not support some apps that use it eg safari download plugin.

However i am using chrome now because i get more screen space and it starts up 10x faster than ff.
However however i want stumble sad
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome for iPhone   Google Chrome for iPhone Icon_minitime1September 24th 2008, 4:23 pm

Apple is a idiot about this stuff, they will care or else they would have accepted snapture into the app store wink they dont want you maxing out the hardware which no doubt, the google developers will go for. Maxing out the modem in the iphone may or maynot be a good idea
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome for iPhone   Google Chrome for iPhone Icon_minitime1

Google Chrome for iPhone

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: iPod and iPhone :: Discussion and Support -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com