Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

[winpwn] DFU Mode trouble

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

[winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Vide
PostSubject: [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble   [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 4:38 am

Hey if anyone can help that would be awesome...

So my problem is that i am trying to jailbreak my ipod to 2.0 using winpwn and was succesful up to the point where you need to put the ipod into DFU mode as when i hold the power and lock button for 7 sec and then the power for a few more it puts it into restore mode and bricks it until i restore it with itunes...

Thanks sad
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble   [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 8:41 am

u hold the lock for 10 seconds along side the home then release the lock and continue to hold the home, make sure your plugged into itunes when u do it! also, make sure that you hit the iPwnr button in WinPwn... i spent an hour trying to figure out why i kept getting error 6 xD also make sure that you got the right .ipsw and not the 2G or the touches IPSW wink
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble   [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 8:52 am

I know I have the right .ipsw so that's ok and I pwns iTunes so I'll try the buttons again, also does it matter if it's 2.1 and not 2.0? Thanks smile
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble   [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 1:08 pm

yeah, atm only Pwnage (for MAC only sad ) can Pwn 2.0.1, so on WinPwn u need to pwn 2.0 atm
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble   [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 1:15 pm

that could be part of the problem then... I'll try it on 2.0 at some point thanks happy
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble   [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Icon_minitime1August 15th 2008, 1:54 pm

mk
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble   [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Icon_minitime1August 16th 2008, 8:03 am

mk? a spam post neutral
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble   [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Icon_minitime1August 16th 2008, 8:04 am

i wonder what that was....
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble   [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Icon_minitime1August 17th 2008, 5:27 am

Whey thanks for all your help @alxmarcond just jailbroke 2.0 happy
You've been a HUGE help when google let me down wink
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble   [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Icon_minitime1August 17th 2008, 8:11 am

lol, np, anytime. ive been reading up a lot on the iPhone and jailbreaking ect. Thinking of maybe writing something simple for it tongue
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble   [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Icon_minitime1August 17th 2008, 8:42 am

Yeah sounds good at the moment there are only a few places for info and odds and ends in random forums so a guide would help alot of people :d
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble   [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Icon_minitime1August 17th 2008, 11:24 am

first time i jailbroke (went smoothly) was following the iClarified jailbreak guide. There were a few places where i was like, wha? but then i just messed around a bit (generating corrupt .ipsw's does nothing seeing as iTunes won't use it xD) and finally got it right. Who knows, maybe I will post a guide on it. It's not illegal to jailbreak so its quite possible that i might wink
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble   [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Icon_minitime1August 17th 2008, 11:32 am

Yeah it's straight foward once you know but there are small things like dfu mode and not mixing up .ipsw's also a guide to cydia/installer would be good and on how to use FTP to get stuff on the device.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble   [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Icon_minitime1August 17th 2008, 11:36 am

its not FTP because it doesnt run off of a web based deticated server, its just SSH... even though u can use FileZilla to get to it.
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble   [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Icon_minitime1August 17th 2008, 12:42 pm

Hmm I see smile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble   [winpwn] DFU Mode trouble Icon_minitime1

[winpwn] DFU Mode trouble

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: iPod and iPhone :: Discussion and Support -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com