Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Firefox - increase speed limit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
h i s o k a

h i s o k a

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

Firefox - increase speed limit Vide
PostSubject: Firefox - increase speed limit   Firefox - increase speed limit Icon_minitime1August 1st 2008, 4:20 am

Found this in another website 2 months ago and forgot to share it, and forgot the source website url, anyway this worked for me in many websites and with most of youtube's videos , do the foloing:

Write in the url text area : "about:config"
Firefox - increase speed limit Aboutconfigjt8

now in the "filter" text area write this: "Pipe"
it should look like this:
Firefox - increase speed limit Aboutconfigql1

now there's 3 values we will change it 1 by 1

change the 1st value "Network.http.pipelining" from false to true by right click on the "false" and click "toggle"
do the same thing with the 3rd value "Network.http.proxy.pipelining" .

now for the 2nd vlaue right click on the value (supposed to be 4 if not changed yet) and click "Modify" now change it to 30 ... if you have very fast internet connection you can get it to 50 ...

it should look like this:
Firefox - increase speed limit Aboutconfigvq4

now restart the browser and try watching a youtube video, its supposed to load faster.

I hope it worked for you, good luck all
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Firefox - increase speed limit   Firefox - increase speed limit Icon_minitime1August 1st 2008, 4:57 am

maxrequests, i set that to 200 tongue
knew about this a long time already, but thanks for posting it for people that might have never heard about it
parry

parry

Subscriber
Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: Firefox - increase speed limit   Firefox - increase speed limit Icon_minitime1August 1st 2008, 5:34 am

I already had 2 of these applied, so thanks for the proxy.pipelining one smile
timbob

timbob

PostSubject: Re: Firefox - increase speed limit   Firefox - increase speed limit Icon_minitime1August 1st 2008, 6:12 am

Did this a while ago for firefox 3. Helped a lot.
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Firefox - increase speed limit   Firefox - increase speed limit Icon_minitime1August 1st 2008, 6:26 am

cool, thanks. smile

PostSubject: Re: Firefox - increase speed limit   Firefox - increase speed limit Icon_minitime1August 2nd 2008, 9:36 pm

When I filter "pipe" I get 4 values: the 3 you said plus:

network.http.pipelining.ssl

Do I change something on this?
Alexx

Alexx

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Firefox - increase speed limit   Firefox - increase speed limit Icon_minitime1August 3rd 2008, 7:06 am

Thanks for that, the increase didn't seem like much, but twas still noticable tongue
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Firefox - increase speed limit   Firefox - increase speed limit Icon_minitime1August 3rd 2008, 10:45 pm

i posted this like, 6 months ago with a tons more stuffs... remember to use search before posting wink
h i s o k a

h i s o k a

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Firefox - increase speed limit   Firefox - increase speed limit Icon_minitime1August 4th 2008, 4:10 am

alxmarcond wrote:
i posted this like, 6 months ago with a tons more stuffs... remember to use search before posting wink
Oh sorry Alex, didn't realize, I always forget to search, sorry..
h i s o k a

h i s o k a

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Firefox - increase speed limit   Firefox - increase speed limit Icon_minitime1August 4th 2008, 4:12 am

Alter wrote:
When I filter "pipe" I get 4 values: the 3 you said plus:

network.http.pipelining.ssl

Do I change something on this?

dunno about that, maby its connected to your version or the plugins you added to firefox.
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Firefox - increase speed limit   Firefox - increase speed limit Icon_minitime1September 5th 2008, 12:03 pm

didn't knew about this... and it does work lol lol

i'm on a 4mb ADSL+ connection, and it did load faster than before..

Thanks for sharing.

PS : is it applied to Ubuntu firefox aswell ?

thanks
Euro_Rules

Euro_Rules

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: Firefox - increase speed limit   Firefox - increase speed limit Icon_minitime1September 29th 2008, 8:52 am

thanks for posting thumbs up
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Firefox - increase speed limit   Firefox - increase speed limit Icon_minitime1September 29th 2008, 9:07 am

if your on linux might as well get SwiftFox. It just firefox with all of these improvments (+ a ton more through actual source editing) included wink but to answer your question, yes. it should work with all version of firefox
eyesbabee

eyesbabee

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: Firefox - increase speed limit   Firefox - increase speed limit Icon_minitime1August 11th 2011, 8:24 am

Thanks for sharing...It's useful Tips for Increasing the speed of the Firefox...I am using the Firefox Browser ,i am using Firefox Since 2 years...It's Good and fast to browse the Internet...But i searched for Tips to increase the speed More,I got the Tips in the Forum Post here..It's useful it helped me to increase the speed..Now my Upload and Download speed is Good,I have checked my speed at here ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ it shows Good Uploading and Downloading speed...thanks a lot once again.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Firefox - increase speed limit   Firefox - increase speed limit Icon_minitime1September 5th 2011, 12:30 am

eyesbabee wrote:
Thanks for sharing...It's useful Tips for Increasing the speed of the Firefox...I am using the Firefox Browser ,i am using Firefox Since 2 years...It's Good and fast to browse the Internet...But i searched for Tips to increase the speed More,I got the Tips in the Forum Post here..It's useful it helped me to increase the speed..Now my Upload and Download speed is Good,I have checked my speed at here ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ it shows Good Uploading and Downloading speed...thanks a lot once again.

I'd also suggest giving Google Chrome a try smile. I find it quite a bit faster than Firefox
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firefox - increase speed limit   Firefox - increase speed limit Icon_minitime1

Firefox - increase speed limit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Software -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com