Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Attribution and Licensing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Ken Saunders

Ken Saunders

I'm New
I'm New

Attribution and Licensing Vide
PostSubject: Attribution and Licensing   Attribution and Licensing Icon_minitime1July 18th 2008, 5:42 pm

Hello,
I'm Ken Saunders from the Boston, Ma area in the U.S.
I don't remember how I found this site but I do think that there's some really cool content here.

I haven't seen the licensing restrictions or types of licenses associated with the posted graphics on each page but I would like to know what the terms of usage are for each graphic posted.
Also, I don't see any attribution for the artists who have created the graphics posted here on this site.
Art and content theft is a big sore spot for me because I'm the victim of it on a daily basis and I try to do my very best when using the works of other artists.
Thanks
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Attribution and Licensing   Attribution and Licensing Icon_minitime1July 19th 2008, 6:19 am

There is no art theft going on here and sorry for not stating this, but unless the author states not to share outside, its with a Creative Commons Liscence.

No on here steals, we have a strict rule about that and if you share other peoples work, you have to get permission from them and credit them wink.

Single PNG Icons usually go around the GUI sites without any credits as they are for all over use smile
darkmarauder

darkmarauder

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Attribution and Licensing   Attribution and Licensing Icon_minitime1July 19th 2008, 8:09 am

Yeah, that's how it is, most people on here are quite happy to openly share their resources, and work.
Ken Saunders

Ken Saunders

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: Attribution and Licensing   Attribution and Licensing Icon_minitime1July 19th 2008, 10:27 am

Oh I hope that you didn't get the impression that I was implying that theft was going on here.
I'm sure that some of you are deviantART members and you're aware of how wide spread art theft is.
Thanks for the reply.
timbob

timbob

PostSubject: Re: Attribution and Licensing   Attribution and Licensing Icon_minitime1July 19th 2008, 11:27 am

On a side note, welcome to the forum, thanks for the kind words.
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

PostSubject: Re: Attribution and Licensing   Attribution and Licensing Icon_minitime1July 19th 2008, 12:17 pm

^yea, what timbob said smile
glad for your interest and concern with keeping things in order though thumbs up
enjoy the forum...
Sakuvien

Sakuvien

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Attribution and Licensing   Attribution and Licensing Icon_minitime1July 19th 2008, 3:08 pm

Welcome, Ken Saunders! cool
Ken Saunders

Ken Saunders

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: Attribution and Licensing   Attribution and Licensing Icon_minitime1July 19th 2008, 5:45 pm

Thanks smile
N_Lite

N_Lite

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Attribution and Licensing   Attribution and Licensing Icon_minitime1July 22nd 2008, 10:38 am

Welcome dude smile
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Attribution and Licensing   Attribution and Licensing Icon_minitime1July 30th 2008, 10:45 am

Welcome Ken!

*Best surname ever btw happy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attribution and Licensing   Attribution and Licensing Icon_minitime1

Attribution and Licensing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: General Discussion :: Trash (read only) -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com