Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Vide
PostSubject: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 19th 2008, 2:28 am

A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 84158ab3fed6fab1ff97dbe476893507

"A star is reborn", coming soon to Galaxy GUI (Fall 2008)

What is this?

This is going to be version 4 of Galaxy GUI. We are going to try to make the forum as user friendly and visually pleasing as possible. Web 2.0 features will be met and this site we be tried to updated in a way that it stands out from every other forum!

Who's doing this?

Well, right now I'm guessing the staff will be able to help out and perhaps the community, you guys, as well. We are going to be needing multiple designers on the job, so if you're good at photoshop send me a PM!

What is this update going to feature?

Right now what I have planned, is a new stream-lined and "happy/bright" design, it will not have the blue you guys have seen before, so no worries! happy. Some other planned features are, easier to navigate forums, more user friendly designs and placement of things. More "layback" professionalism - this means we of course remain professional and have rules but in a more layedback, easier to understand way. The design will be minimal - we will focus more on content and a calm look, not too busy like the current stripe patterns all over the place. The official list of features which users will be able to addon to/critique will be up later!

I want to help, what can I do?

If you'd like to help out the community and help design something/generate ideas, please contact me and I will be glad to accept your help, the more the better! wink

Is the site gonna be all messed up again when you're working on this?

NO! This time we will work on it differently so its not viewable to everyone right away. While we will post previews of how the project is coming along, users will not see the final look until we think it's ready to test out. There will be multiple stages of testing, and unlike other updates that took a few days, this will take a much longer time and be much more thorough.

Stay tuned for more info. Beginning of work is set to start around June 25th and continue on into the fall!

Last edited by SbuxBlaze on August 14th 2008, 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
B1G_

B1G_

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 19th 2008, 3:49 am

I can help doing anything needed visually-wise.
I've done other layouts and templates before, so just let me know if you need any help.
Dashsutra

Dashsutra

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 19th 2008, 4:10 am

Version 4 woot :x it were 2-4 weeks Version 3. tongue
Sry 4 bad english LolZ
timbob

timbob

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 19th 2008, 4:31 am

I like the concept of the minimalistic look but not too sure about the bright theme. Might work though so I will reserve judgment and look forward to the updates.
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 19th 2008, 4:34 am

Sounds cool, I can help out with some photoshop work if you'd like smile
Threadform

Threadform

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 19th 2008, 5:52 am

Did you just say 'good at photo shop' on a design forum? heheh.

"Hey you, your not looking relaxed enough! BAND4LYF"

(ignore my witticisms)

If you need something done i'm happy to help in the graphics department. Looking forwards to the new layout! happy
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 19th 2008, 8:50 am

oo oo oo i wanna make something!! happy
Threadform

Threadform

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 19th 2008, 9:10 am

Actually that would be a good idea if everyone took part, it would mean that the forum is literally a part of everyone here.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 19th 2008, 10:52 am

Threadform wrote:
Actually that would be a good idea if everyone took part, it would mean that the forum is literally a part of everyone here.

That's what I was thinking of doing, everyone would do a part smile
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 19th 2008, 12:08 pm

I can help out with some small photoshop stuff if ya like but i am still in exams tongue
Coffeeflash

Coffeeflash

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 19th 2008, 2:40 pm

Sounds cool smile
I haven't done any layouts yet but i think if we get that many helpers we could make some contests and vote which background, button, banner etc. we like most ...

Just a idea of mine happy
Sabian

Sabian

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 19th 2008, 8:11 pm

this is nice
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 26th 2008, 10:48 am

Ok... might delay this slightly since everyone's somewhere.

Would someone good at photoshop want to take a try at making a 900x150 banner for Version 4 of Galaxy GUI?
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 26th 2008, 11:28 am

alxz310 wrote:
Ok... might delay this slightly since everyone's somewhere.

Would someone good at photoshop want to take a try at making a 900x150 banner for Version 4 of Galaxy GUI?

I'll have a go at one happy

Wondering if you could send me a V.4 sticker graphic...

Also does it need to fit any specs e.g colour, font ?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 26th 2008, 12:16 pm

Colour, Font, whatever.
Just make it look as nice as possible happy

and sorry.. the comp im on doesnt have photoshop so i cant send you a sticker crying. You can use some web 2.0 badge psds from dA, thats what i did
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 26th 2008, 12:55 pm

Here's what i have so far...

A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Galaxy11
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 26th 2008, 3:18 pm

Looks pretty good. How about a lighter color on the text and a drop shadow instead of embossed? happy Then I'll put it into the list of choices for banner (well have a vote)
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 26th 2008, 3:19 pm

Few tweaks...

A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Galaxy12
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 26th 2008, 3:25 pm

Can you please PM me that image and title it "banner voting" Thanks!
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 26th 2008, 3:26 pm

Few tweaks to the other happy

A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Galaxy13
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 26th 2008, 3:26 pm

alxz310 wrote:
Can you please PM me that image and title it "banner voting" Thanks!

D'you want both? happy

*and in what format .psd .png ...
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 26th 2008, 5:28 pm

let me reinstall and ill get right on the leetness banner making skillz wink im also working on a complete template for the site, like different elements ect, as u would do with a company website or something
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 27th 2008, 3:49 am

We needs template lol, keep working on it! (i hope youre making it for phpbb though) tongue

What we really need is for someone to make a PSD of the ENTIRE front page and change things so before we make the elements we can actually see what the forum will look like!
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 27th 2008, 8:39 pm

thats what im doing, the PSD part wink but not PSD of course but ill import to GIMP and save as PSD once im done in inkscape
jayx

jayx

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1June 27th 2008, 10:20 pm

i can help with some CSS and small images
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008   A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008 Icon_minitime1

A Star is Reborn - Coming Fall 2008

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Information :: Announcements -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com