Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Cell phone battery life & memory cards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Cell phone battery life & memory cards Vide
PostSubject: Cell phone battery life & memory cards   Cell phone battery life & memory cards Icon_minitime1June 13th 2008, 8:43 am

so when i got my new phone the battery life was awesome (like 3 days) with a 62 MB memory card, but then i upgraded to a 1 GB card and it had become lik 1 day. does the momory card have anything to do w/ this or is it some setting on my phone?
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Cell phone battery life & memory cards   Cell phone battery life & memory cards Icon_minitime1June 14th 2008, 12:07 am

anybody know? if not can i get some feedback at least?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Cell phone battery life & memory cards   Cell phone battery life & memory cards Icon_minitime1June 14th 2008, 12:46 am

How long have you owned the phone?
The battery gets sinificantly shorter after a while

If its new I'm guessing it's the 1GB card
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Cell phone battery life & memory cards   Cell phone battery life & memory cards Icon_minitime1June 14th 2008, 12:58 am

i got the phone at the very end of may. and now the battery is lasting again after i turned it off for lik 2 hrs b/c ppl wudnt stop calling me at the movies. so now wtf im really confused
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: Cell phone battery life & memory cards   Cell phone battery life & memory cards Icon_minitime1June 14th 2008, 1:50 am

Its the card. Since the card has more storage the Phone takes more battery processing the information on the card, see it constantly scans it all the time so if your sending a pix or flix message its going to read the card and see what you have got on it, even i your taking a picture or start the camera or whatever on the phone.
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Cell phone battery life & memory cards   Cell phone battery life & memory cards Icon_minitime1June 14th 2008, 10:18 am

ya ok thats what i thought. o well guess i wont b getting the 2 GB if i want the battery 2 last a day then. thanx
chris3d

chris3d

PostSubject: Re: Cell phone battery life & memory cards   Cell phone battery life & memory cards Icon_minitime1June 15th 2008, 12:11 am

back it up a bit. I would actually take a closer look @ what you are doing with the card. If you have a pocket PC / smart phone, and are using the mem card to store videos, music, etc...it is well known that playing media will burn up your battery faster.

I don't see any knowledgeable programmer making a phone constantly scan through 1GB of data (assuming the card is full) every time you take or send a picture. That would be VERY inefficient. I would hope, that if you stick the card in a card reader of sorts on a PC, that you would see directory layout set by the phone separating pictures, videos, etc.

In short, I don't think it's having more memory that's burning up your battery faster, but what you're doing with that extra memory.
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Cell phone battery life & memory cards   Cell phone battery life & memory cards Icon_minitime1June 15th 2008, 12:20 am

i use it str8 for music, and it is full 2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cell phone battery life & memory cards   Cell phone battery life & memory cards Icon_minitime1

Cell phone battery life & memory cards

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Electronics and Mobile -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com