Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

How do YOU pronounce "GUI"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

How do YOU pronounce "GUI"? - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: How do YOU pronounce "GUI"?   How do YOU pronounce "GUI"? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1June 6th 2008, 7:37 pm

chekkz wrote:
^lol computer illiterate? I don't see how - if anything, that would be computer literate. surprised

Anyway, pretty much everybody i know in IT say it like gooey. Even my teachers, Windows classes, Linux classes, Networking classes, Security classes, the list goes on - they all say it like gooey... Typing "gooey" is even weird of course, cause when I type GUI, I assumed everyone was aware of it being pronounced "gooey" ::shrugs::

Yeah, but IMO 'gooey' sounds wierd, and to me is the kind of thing someone who isn't all thay savvy with technical terms would say tongue
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

PostSubject: Re: How do YOU pronounce "GUI"?   How do YOU pronounce "GUI"? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1June 6th 2008, 8:21 pm

maybe it's just natural to me ^^ it's like GNU.. you know? We all know it's an acronym, just like GUI, but it's just one of those IT things. Do we say that as G-N-U (each letter), or pronounce it as a word Gnu? We say the word. You know.
Jordon Hall

Jordon Hall

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: How do YOU pronounce "GUI"?   How do YOU pronounce "GUI"? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1June 6th 2008, 11:21 pm

I say it like 'guy' just because it's quick. I always though gooey was the proper way to say it though, but I geuss to each their own right?! :p
Ciono

Ciono

PostSubject: Re: How do YOU pronounce "GUI"?   How do YOU pronounce "GUI"? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1June 9th 2008, 12:51 pm

Here at Georgia Tech, the professors pronounce it 'gooey'.
Gerard19

Gerard19

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: How do YOU pronounce "GUI"?   How do YOU pronounce "GUI"? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1September 3rd 2008, 4:08 pm

well i do it as gooey lol
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: How do YOU pronounce "GUI"?   How do YOU pronounce "GUI"? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1September 3rd 2008, 9:40 pm

sometimes Gee You Eye, and sometimes Gooey! wink
mrt2

mrt2

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: How do YOU pronounce "GUI"?   How do YOU pronounce "GUI"? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1September 13th 2008, 3:31 am

I've been IT for over 10+ years and I've ALWAYS pronounced it GEE YOU EYE... All IT folks I know make fun of people who pronounce it gewee. sad
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: How do YOU pronounce "GUI"?   How do YOU pronounce "GUI"? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1September 13th 2008, 1:16 pm

I hope mrt2 is right because gooey sounds really wierd tongue
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

PostSubject: Re: How do YOU pronounce "GUI"?   How do YOU pronounce "GUI"? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1September 13th 2008, 2:20 pm

I think the conclusion here should be there's not a right or wrong... we're getting different feedback from different people.
I think that what it is: people learn this from someone or from listening or reading, and it gets passed on in that way.

Mrt2 has been in the industry for that long and pronounce it differently than other people who have been in just as long.

We see people get ridiculed for saying it one way and then from another crowd they get ridiculed for saying it another way.

I say, just say it how you say it.. and lets all be happy! smile
We can agree to disagree. thumbs up
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do YOU pronounce "GUI"?   How do YOU pronounce "GUI"? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

How do YOU pronounce "GUI"?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: Requests and Discussions -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com