Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari Vide
PostSubject: Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari   Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari Icon_minitime1June 2nd 2008, 11:42 am

Dunno how many of you use Safari (I do), but either way...

Microsoft wrote:

Microsoft is investigating new public reports of a blended threat that allows remote code execution on all supported versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista when Apple’s Safari for Windows has been installed. Safari is not installed with Windows XP or Windows Vista by default; it must be installed independently or through the Apple Software Update application. Customers running Safari on Windows should review this advisory.

At the present time, Microsoft is unaware of any attacks attempting to exploit this blended threat. Upon completion of this investigation, Microsoft will take the appropriate measures to protect our customers. This may include providing a solution through a service pack, the monthly update process, or an out-of-cycle security update, depending on customers needs.

Source

In Other Words...

PCRetail wrote:
Leading global software firm Microsoft has warned PC owners to stop using Safari, which is rival Apple’s equivalent of Internet Explorer, following the discovery of a dangerous problem with the programme.

TechRadar reports that last week it was discovered that Safari does not ask the user for permission to download certain filetypes, meaning that it would be possible for hackers to remotely upload hundreds of .exe files onto a browser’s desktop.

Microsoft is now saying that users of the PC version of Safari should limit their use of the browser until either itself or Apple comes up with a fix to exterminate the bug.

Source

OR, in yet other words, Apple want your PC to be hacked so you'll get fed up with Windows and buy a mac XD
timbob

timbob

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari   Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari Icon_minitime1June 2nd 2008, 4:59 pm

Great tactile move by Apple. Think I will stick with firefox for now.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari   Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari Icon_minitime1June 2nd 2008, 5:57 pm

lol this is strange. Maybe apple was doing this on purpouse, I wonder how mad steve jobs is now that they've uncovered his secret plan! :O
purry

purry

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari   Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari Icon_minitime1June 3rd 2008, 12:56 am

Hm, Well I have safari right here and its perfectly fine. No issues, except that tabbed browsing is very slow.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari   Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari Icon_minitime1June 3rd 2008, 2:59 am

purry wrote:
Hm, Well I have safari right here and its perfectly fine. No issues, except that tabbed browsing is very slow.

Microsoft did this to get back on those mac vs pc ads happy..
Bamf!

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari   Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari Icon_minitime1June 3rd 2008, 9:52 am

haha i love those ads ill post a pic later regarding that xD
darkmarauder

darkmarauder

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari   Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari Icon_minitime1June 3rd 2008, 10:11 am

Ah, I use safari, and firefox, I ditched IE ages ago.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari   Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari Icon_minitime1June 3rd 2008, 10:51 am

darkmarauder wrote:
Ah, I use safari, and firefox, I ditched IE ages ago.

Me too, haven't used it since Mozilla came out tongue
( )vertkill

( )vertkill

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari   Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari Icon_minitime1June 10th 2008, 10:55 pm

Firefox 3 FTW!
ohembe

ohembe

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari   Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari Icon_minitime1July 9th 2008, 11:47 am

I use Safari on my PC and I haven't had any problems. I always deny it when the apple software updater tries to get access to my internet connection (thanks Vista for that feature).

Other times I use firefox 3.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari   Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari Icon_minitime1

Microsoft Warns PC Users To Avoid Safari

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: News Corner -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com