Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Audio Book - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
chris3d

chris3d

Audio Book - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow Vide
PostSubject: Audio Book - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow   Audio Book - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 1:45 am

Hey Guys,
I'm rather new here, but I think I have a good feel for the general community. I recently found an awesome audio book called Little Brother after listening to a plug by Chris Pirillo. If any of you know of Chris, or watch his podcasts, then you may very well have already seen this. For Little Brother, Chris streamed the first 30 minutes as a preview straight from his webcast. Here is the youtube video (the book preview starts 5 mins in)

Little Brother takes place in the San Fran Bay Area, and follows a very tech savvy teen named Marcus, or W1n5t0n. What makes Little Brother so interesting to me is it's real world tie ins. Almost all of the technology and security mentioned in this story is real (TOR, crypto, botnets, RFIDs to name a few). I would recommend this book to anyone interested in technology, and the age range here seems perfect for this. I honestly wish I was still in high school when I first heard this just for the thrill of it.

If you like the preview, you can get a full copy of Little Brother here:
http://craphound.com/littlebrother/download/
it is a DRM free audio book though.....*hint hint*
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Audio Book - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow   Audio Book - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 2:20 am

Welcome to the forums chris3d smile
chris3d

chris3d

PostSubject: Re: Audio Book - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow   Audio Book - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 2:23 am

Thanks smile
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Audio Book - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow   Audio Book - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 3:55 am

Welcome! smile
timbob

timbob

PostSubject: Re: Audio Book - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow   Audio Book - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow Icon_minitime1May 28th 2008, 7:36 am

Welcome to the forums smile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Audio Book - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow   Audio Book - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow Icon_minitime1

Audio Book - Little Brother by Cory Doctorow

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: General Discussion :: Milkyway -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com