Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Obsession with mini laptops

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Obsession with mini laptops Vide
PostSubject: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1May 19th 2008, 8:21 pm

I personally dont like where everything is going with these mini laptops. I was in the store a few days ago and saw a 10" vaio selling for $2099.... when I cant get a 15" APPLE mbp for $1999 or some super amazing 17" HP laptop for the same price.

Why does smaller mean more expensive? angry
What are your guys thoughts on this?
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1May 19th 2008, 8:43 pm

well the reason is that smaller requires more tech and more work. and more work=more money. b/c they also have to pay for research and development of the new and more advanced tech.

granted it is BS tho. and as u can see w/ all sony products they just over charge period
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1May 19th 2008, 8:52 pm

Lbroskee wrote:
well the reason is that smaller requires more tech and more work. and more work=more money. b/c they also have to pay for research and development of the new and more advanced tech.

granted it is BS tho. and as u can see w/ all sony products they just over charge period

Yeah I know smaller MUCH more expensive, but the whole idea imo is B.S. I'd rather like to see 17" made with smaller parts so they weigh less than these little overpriced things will small screens
Mitch

Mitch

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1May 19th 2008, 9:12 pm

It's not neccessarily true, have you ever seen an ASUS EE? I have another tiny laptop that cost me little aswell.
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1May 19th 2008, 9:22 pm

it also depends on the company. sony is big money b/c they can overcharge and ppl will buy it. ASUS isnt b/c well if u make a company not every1 has heard of and isnt freakin huge no1 will buy it. were in a recession that is starting to feel lik a depression b/c everything is getting over priced and unaffordable
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1May 19th 2008, 10:25 pm

Lbroskee wrote:
it also depends on the company. sony is big money b/c they can overcharge and ppl will buy it. ASUS isnt b/c well if u make a company not every1 has heard of and isnt freakin huge no1 will buy it. were in a recession that is starting to feel lik a depression b/c everything is getting over priced and unaffordable

Good thing we're not in Europe... $10/gal gas there (1.60 euros a liter and about 4 liters is a gallon and then a euro is $1.55)
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1May 19th 2008, 10:35 pm

omg wow. and i thought $4 was alot. this is rediculous. by the time i get a car i wont b able to drive it b/c of gas
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1May 19th 2008, 10:52 pm

Lbroskee wrote:
omg wow. and i thought $4 was alot. this is rediculous. by the time i get a car i wont b able to drive it b/c of gas

How much is it down there in Florida anyways? tongue
It's about $4.05 - $4.30 for supreme or premium here. The most I've seen is $4.60 and $5.19 for diesel surprised
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1May 19th 2008, 11:03 pm

wow. premium is about $3.90. living in a hot area sux sometimes
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1May 19th 2008, 11:07 pm

Lbroskee wrote:
wow. premium is about $3.90. living in a hot area sux sometimes

haha good thing I live away from the hot area and can catch a cool ocean breeze of summer fog tongue
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1May 20th 2008, 6:53 am

lol. any1 else got opinions on this?
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1May 20th 2008, 8:15 am

I suppose it's because they're so portable, useful for people who move about lot.

And the gadget addiction, 'my laptops smaller than yours'. The fact it's terrible to use is irrelevant, it's just smaller than yours tongue
darkmarauder

darkmarauder

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1June 3rd 2008, 10:16 am

alxz310 wrote:
I personally dont like where everything is going with these mini laptops. I was in the store a few days ago and saw a 10" vaio selling for $2099.... when I cant get a 15" APPLE mbp for $1999 or some super amazing 17" HP laptop for the same price.

Why does smaller mean more expensive? angry
What are your guys thoughts on this?

I totally agree, I think for example Apple went way to far, with the air.
Mac books are already fairly compact.

And the thing I hate most about compact Pc's are the:

a.) Small screens.
b.) Daft little keyboard.
c.) I HATE TRACKPADS!!!!!!! (I hate them anyway, size doesn't really vary to much.)
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1June 3rd 2008, 10:51 am

lol, those $2099 9" Vaios scare me... I mean first of all I could barely see anything on it with the 1366 resolution screen and 2nd the trackpad was impossible to move the mouse with
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1June 6th 2008, 11:00 pm

everything is solid state in smaller computers which costs more wink
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1June 6th 2008, 11:11 pm

Seriously, why not make a larger screened lighter one, instead of these tiny devil laptops thumbs down
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1June 6th 2008, 11:56 pm

because that would cost even more. more (bigger) hardware = more expensive = more protection needs = more costs because of protection = want for smaller less expensive hardware = need for more research = more cost for the final product.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with mini laptops   Obsession with mini laptops Icon_minitime1

Obsession with mini laptops

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Hardware -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com