Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Jobs for a teenager?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Hibbsi

Hibbsi

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Jobs for a teenager? Vide
PostSubject: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 12:37 pm

How would/did you make money if/when you were 16 years old? happy
I want a source of income. Aactual source of income. I mow lawns in the summer and am a ski patrol in the winter, and neither pays very much. Soo, any ideas?
sparo

sparo

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 12:40 pm

Find a job lifting concrete/cement. For a good worker, they pay around $13.00/h around my area. For a bad worker, around $10.00/h.
Mitch

Mitch

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 12:44 pm

I'm 17, I've been working at a express store since I was 16. It's decent money.
timbob

timbob

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 1:51 pm

Coffee shop, good hours and can fit around studies, not too late hours.
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 3:29 pm

you guys are lucky, in my area i've applied to lik 20 places and nobody is hiring and im grounded till i find a job said my evil step dad :/ this dam rccession is screwing me over
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 5:21 pm

i do stuff for people and they pay me... i get enough income to pay for my clothes film so im good smile
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 5:22 pm

o well some ppl need real jobs like me, not that under the table stuff
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 5:31 pm

lol, true that. i dont really need steady income, but check ur local Chick-Fil-A depending where u live. they start hiring at 14
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 5:49 pm

same with publix, idk bout by u but by me i hear hey all start hiring round mid-may
Mitch

Mitch

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 6:06 pm

You've got it good, timbob. I've always wanted to work in a coffee shop.
Hibbsi

Hibbsi

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 10:12 pm

Thanks for all of the suggestions, everybody! happy
I needed to know because I've lost a main source of funds.. I'll explain
I used to is bring about 2 cases of Gatorade to school and sell them out of a locker I converted into a cooler lol
....yeah you can imagine how much the school administration liked that... tongue
It was good money too! I frequently made $35 a day happy

but that's out of the question now, as I'm banned from bringing more than 3 bottles of anything or a bag of ice to school

so thanks again, I appreciate the input happy
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 10:19 pm

lol, nice dude. thats wut i call hustling at school.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 10:37 pm

Hibbsi wrote:
Thanks for all of the suggestions, everybody! happy
I needed to know because I've lost a main source of funds.. I'll explain
I used to is bring about 2 cases of Gatorade to school and sell them out of a locker I converted into a cooler lol
....yeah you can imagine how much the school administration liked that... tongue
It was good money too! I frequently made $35 a day happy

but that's out of the question now, as I'm banned from bringing more than 3 bottles of anything or a bag of ice to school

so thanks again, I appreciate the input happy

wouldnt you only make a few $ profit on that since you need to get the gatorade to sell in the first place? wink
Hibbsi

Hibbsi

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 10:44 pm

yes, but I'd buy it in bulk at Sam's Club, which is much cheaper per bottle than what the vending machines at school sell it for. The vending machines had recently been fitted with timers so they would only work at lunch and after school, so everybody that usually bought it from that started getting it from me so they could get it whenever. I guess the main reason it was so successful is that i found that my school L-O-V-E-S Gatorade. And lots of it happy
That was kinda my downfall; it was so popular that it was impossible to keep it discreet and myself out of trouble
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 11:18 pm

Hibbsi wrote:
yes, but I'd buy it in bulk at Sam's Club, which is much cheaper per bottle than what the vending machines at school sell it for. The vending machines had recently been fitted with timers so they would only work at lunch and after school, so everybody that usually bought it from that started getting it from me so they could get it whenever. I guess the main reason it was so successful is that i found that my school L-O-V-E-S Gatorade. And lots of it happy
That was kinda my downfall; it was so popular that it was impossible to keep it discreet and myself out of trouble

Gatorades sold at my school as well but no one is obsessed with it lol tongue. Just bought occasionally during lunch by some people.
Hibbsi

Hibbsi

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 11:28 pm

Yeah I'm not sure what's up with our school.. people here do strange things lol
I personally prefer water. It doesn't make you feel like you just drank syrup, and it's cheaper happy
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 8th 2008, 11:52 pm

Hibbsi wrote:
Yeah I'm not sure what's up with our school.. people here do strange things lol
I personally prefer water. It doesn't make you feel like you just drank syrup, and it's cheaper happy

some flavors of gatorade just make me want to drink water even more LOL, so whats the point of buying it them happy
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 9th 2008, 6:46 am

i only drink 1 classic flavor, lemon-lime. not that new gay crap
Hibbsi

Hibbsi

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 9th 2008, 12:07 pm

+1
Seriously, Fruit Punch + Berry? What the heck? Nasty..
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1May 9th 2008, 1:30 pm

lol ya
Threadform

Threadform

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1June 18th 2008, 9:29 am

I'm currently employed as a cinema worker, ushering and whatnot. Good fun, definitely recommend it!
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1June 18th 2008, 4:01 pm

I got £400 for helping to lay a floor in a manor house over about a month...
(was a B**ch to lay though GAWD!)
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1June 18th 2008, 5:37 pm

I repair/upgrade/troubleshoot computers (hardware and software) for a couple independent clients (mostly people who my dad and my aunts and uncles know)

I also sometimes volunteer tech work (like help desk) at some schools, so i meet new clients through that as well.

Also my aunt's friend is a producer, I create and maintain webspages for his artists. I've be getting lazy though, right now I'm avoiding him.
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1June 18th 2008, 5:41 pm

I do all the graphic design or my Dad's lil business, I get around £30 a day. When I work, obv tongue That probably doesn't actually help you much worried
chekkz

chekkz

Kid Sister
Kid Sister

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1June 18th 2008, 5:57 pm

Movie theaters (free movies yay!), electronics stores (i'd be in heaven), starbucks (kool if you don't mind serving drinks), shopping mall? (not my style, i go there to shop), theme park (i'd love that), chuck-e-cheese (if you like little kids, not for me)... um... if i can think of more i'll come back
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jobs for a teenager?   Jobs for a teenager? Icon_minitime1

Jobs for a teenager?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: General Discussion :: Milkyway -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forums hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com