Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Macbook battery help!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Macbook battery help!!!!! Vide
PostSubject: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 9:13 pm

ok so my battery just died at 55% and there is a way apple has posted to fix it, yet i have no clue where it is or what it was called. any help PLEASE!! i cant afford a new battery
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 9:27 pm

What do you mean it died at 55%?
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 9:30 pm

55% battery life and the laptop actually DIED. like it shut off on me
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 9:33 pm

Lbroskee wrote:
55% battery life and the laptop actually DIED. like it shut off on me

Wow. Um, did you try plugging in or is it like dead, dead? It might be from the fact you keep your computer on 24/7 possibly?
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 9:36 pm

no it works with the battery, but im supposed to do something with the battery every month according to apple but i forget what, thats y im posting
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 9:42 pm

Lbroskee wrote:
no it works with the battery, but im supposed to do something with the battery every month according to apple but i forget what, thats y im posting

take a look at this:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.5/en/9036.html

"Repeat the calibration process every two months or so to keep the battery fully functioning. If you use your MacBook or MacBook Pro infrequently, it’s best to recalibrate the battery at least once a month."

Last edited by alxz310 on March 29th 2008, 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 9:44 pm

THANK YOU. thats exactly what i needed
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 9:45 pm

Lbroskee wrote:
THANK YOU. thats exactly what i needed

no prob, you're welcome wink
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 9:46 pm

aww. theres a prob i have tho. that warning message i should get...i dont get it. i just die
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 9:49 pm

Lbroskee wrote:
aww. theres a prob i have tho. that warning message i should get...i dont get it. i just die

It says nothing about warning messages in the instructions. It says to charge to 100%, then after 2 hrs use until battery is dead and then not use your computer for 5 or more hours
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 9:51 pm

3) Disconnect the power adapter with the computer on and start using it with battery power. When the battery’s charge gets low, you’ll see the low battery warning dialog on the screen.

4) Continue to keep your computer turned on until it goes to sleep. Save your work and close all applications when the battery’s charge gets low and before the computer goes to sleep.

is that part just to save what u r doing? if so would i be fine if i jus switched over 2 my dell while my Mac is dying and not have 2 worry about that part?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 9:53 pm

Lbroskee wrote:
3) Disconnect the power adapter with the computer on and start using it with battery power. When the battery’s charge gets low, you’ll see the low battery warning dialog on the screen.

4) Continue to keep your computer turned on until it goes to sleep. Save your work and close all applications when the battery’s charge gets low and before the computer goes to sleep.

is that part just to save what u r doing? if so would i be fine if i jus switched over 2 my dell while my Mac is dying and not have 2 worry about that part?

um, As I read, you just disconnect it and let your computer die until it goes to sleep lol
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 9:55 pm

well i just die. no sleep, but same outcome right?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 9:57 pm

Lbroskee wrote:
well i just die. no sleep, but same outcome right?

yeah. Im guessing you DIDN'T charge it too 100% yet since you said it already died?
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 9:59 pm

ive never done that before. but im gonna do it later tonight wen i go 2 watch anime and every1 is off AIM. because i'd rather talk to girls then fix a laptop, or am i wrong wink
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 10:01 pm

basically, charge it all the way (this works for any laptop btw[ sorry alxz, BY THE WAY]) then use it till it dies, then charge it all the way WHILE NOT USING IT. Then use it all the way till it dies. then charge it all the way and then plug it in and take the battery out and only use the battery when ur going somewhere. i get about 8 hours our of my 6 cell wink

for the record, im NEVER off of AIM lol

umm i didnt read the whole post tongue im NOT a girl lol
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 10:05 pm

um u do no macbook has a magnetic charger that can easily be knocked out right? so takin battery out is a TERRIBLE idea. lol
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 10:06 pm

alxmarcond wrote:
basically, charge it all the way (this works for any laptop btw[ sorry alxz, BY THE WAY]) then use it till it dies, then charge it all the way WHILE NOT USING IT. Then use it all the way till it dies. then charge it all the way and then plug it in and take the battery out and only use the battery when ur going somewhere. i get about 8 hours our of my 6 cell wink

for the record, im NEVER off of AIM lol

umm i didnt read the whole post tongue im NOT a girl lol

yeah, he said he'd rather not be fixing his laptop but talking to girls, which means either he doesnt wanna talk with you or you are a girl D: lol
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 29th 2008, 10:09 pm

lol. well i will talk to him too, but high school girls have him totally beat out so i just put that
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 30th 2008, 9:39 am

well i did it and now i seem to die at like 10% which is so much better. so im gonna try it 1 more time on my way home tomorrow and hopefully get a real reading again

alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 30th 2008, 3:14 pm

hope it works, i do this once a month to get the most out of my battery. it works pretty well. and if u do it right, ull notice that it will get BETTER.
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 30th 2008, 4:01 pm

ya ive never done it because i wasnt worried but now im goin to start to. also my moms dell says battery has gone bad and it lasts only 5 minutes. will this still work and fix it?

//POST EDITED, IM SPEAK
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 30th 2008, 11:02 pm

solved!!!! battery fixed. i get warning at 10% and goes to sleep at 0% thank you
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 30th 2008, 11:05 pm

glad to hear you fixed it wink
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1March 30th 2008, 11:22 pm

yup. me to after i dont know how many months. now i just have to remember to do this every 2 months
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Macbook battery help!!!!!   Macbook battery help!!!!! Icon_minitime1

Macbook battery help!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Hardware -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com