Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Vide
PostSubject: Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2   Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Icon_minitime1March 27th 2008, 9:43 pm

Apple on Thursday released the second beta version of the software development kit for building applications for the iPhone and the iPod Touch.

The free download is available online through the company's Apple Developer Connection Web site. The second beta of the SDK includes an interface builder, the Xcode integrated development environment, the iPhone simulator, frameworks and samples, compilers, and the Shark analysis tool.

Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Apple_0709iphone_hand

Developers who want to test their code directly on the iPhone and distribute their applications through Apple's App Store have to apply for membership in the iPhone Developer Program.

Apple released the first test version of the SDK on March 6. Since then, developers have logged a number of complaints, starting with Apple's requirement that all distribution of applications to iPhone users go through the company's App Store.

More recently, developers learned that they won't be able to create music players for the iPhone. The SDK apparently doesn't permit access to iTunes, the iTunes library, or any facets of the iPhone's music player. As a result, music services such asAmazon (NSDQ: AMZN).com and eMusic, won't be able to write their own download services for the iPhone.

Some developers, however, have been trying to make an end-run around Apple. Hackers calling themselves the iPhone Dev Team reported a couple of week ago that they found a way to run applications on the upcoming firmware of the iPhone and iPod Touch without a development certificate from Apple.

The company plans to upgrade the devices' firmware in June. The new software will have the hooks necessary to run applications built with the SDK.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2   Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Icon_minitime1March 27th 2008, 9:57 pm

thats pretty cool. maybe ill make an iPhone app and make some shiney cha ching?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2   Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Icon_minitime1March 27th 2008, 10:03 pm

alxmarcond wrote:
thats pretty cool. maybe ill make an iPhone app and make some shiney cha ching?

why not! lol
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2   Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Icon_minitime1March 27th 2008, 10:04 pm

i wish i had an iPhone then i would whore the app lik i do PhotoShop. lol
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2   Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Icon_minitime1March 27th 2008, 10:29 pm

Lbroskee wrote:
i wish i had an iPhone then i would whore the app lik i do PhotoShop. lol

lol, right now all i want is a macbook, iphone later xD
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Re: Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2   Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Icon_minitime1March 27th 2008, 10:30 pm

well i already got 1-UP on u tongue
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2   Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Icon_minitime1March 27th 2008, 11:18 pm

im down two sad i dont plan on getting any apple products though. low linux support. i might get a dell cause they're making them for linux now:D
razar45

razar45

PostSubject: Re: Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2   Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Icon_minitime1March 27th 2008, 11:31 pm

linux isn't that good...well not as good as leopard..but WAY better than vista
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2   Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Icon_minitime1March 27th 2008, 11:33 pm

its hella lot better than leopard. not as user friendly but if ur willing to work a bit its pretty much the best thing out there
razar45

razar45

PostSubject: Re: Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2   Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Icon_minitime1March 27th 2008, 11:37 pm

i agree...but i would prefer leopard over linux anytime...although i will ADMIT...LINUX OWNS
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2   Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Icon_minitime1March 27th 2008, 11:38 pm

^_^ see, already, i have started to fulfill my purpose in life
razar45

razar45

PostSubject: Re: Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2   Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Icon_minitime1March 27th 2008, 11:46 pm

what? is ur purpose?
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2   Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Icon_minitime1March 28th 2008, 12:03 am

to get as many people as possible to love and cherish linux happy
razar45

razar45

PostSubject: Re: Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2   Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Icon_minitime1March 28th 2008, 12:08 am

well i do love and cherish linux happy
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2   Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Icon_minitime1March 28th 2008, 12:11 am

here it starts lol xD.

*Gets back on topic*

I wonder when they releasing the real one
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2   Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2 Icon_minitime1

Apple Releases iPhone SDK Beta 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Electronics and Mobile -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com