Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Galaxy GUI 2.0!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 3:55 am

I will be doing a drastic redesign to Galaxy GUI... it will be called Galaxy GUI 2.0. We will be testing the new elements of the site before they are up here: http://urbanskins.topic-board.net/index.htm (if its ok with you markoz wink) and want to make the site WAY better when it reopens as v2 (although it will never actually close).

In this thread I want you to post ALL of the things you think would make galaxy gui better, maybe some unique things other sites dont have, or something other sites have an we lack?

Expect V2 to amaze you (hopefully tongue)
and of course ill be needing help from your guys, thats why i posted in staff office

Features (tell me what to add)
-Bright or dark, Professional looking Theme
-Home Page with blog like structure/News Page (HTML Page, OR portal)
-About HTML Page
-Some forums will be deleted, reorganized, new ones created
-Whole site will have same overall theme
-Newsposters, Developers, Moderators, Administrators, Community Leader, Supporter will be the ranks
-No VIP Section
-More promotion, URL resubmitted to search engines with new keywords
-Staff must promote the forum
-Professional Environment (no more spam posts, bitches, fucks lol)
-User of the week will be swaped to move way for contests and their prizes
-Dedicated Staff members, you must be willing to make one release minimum per month as well as post regularly when you have time, if you are not you will be deranked
-Blog Posters and Editors
-No staff switching, staff members will be permanent
-NO NFR, it will be an open community like macthemes2 and aqua-soft
-Guests will be able to view the forums without forced registration
-More exclusive releases, due to the fact guests will be able to view forums
-The site will be mainly focused on GUI, desktop modding.
-Forums will be flooded with new topics to post in during first day open galaxy gui 2.0 opening
-Develop more themes, I know there is at least one skinner on this forum
-New exact focus to site, for example Desktop Modding (no electronics discussion or mobile forums, just lounge and everything related to desktop modding)
-Staff members need to keep up good image (dont cuss at members publicly, etc)
-These smileys will definetely be used
-Professionally designed forum elements (need help with this, im gonna give you away a prize if you help! yes im asking specific people who can help with the SKIN or LOGO and background, you guys know who you are wink)

I am hoping i can get help from anyone whos reading this, conact me on msn or aim (aim = x4l3x4nd3rzx msn = alexander_90405@hotmail.com) you can become a forum leader or supporter!

Thank You,
Alxz310, founder and creator of this amazing site xD

Last edited by alxz310 on March 25th 2008, 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 8:56 am

ok

1. if u make it open 2 guests make sure we use the feature that lets guest see everything, but wen they click 2 D/L they must register or we will b so leeched.

2.? bout sum ranks
-what is supporter
-what is community leader

3. I like the idea of usin the portal (i saw it and it looks useful), but use the slider at the top for little news or big news still (idk which)

4. obviously a dark theme b/c space isn't bright

and for now thats wut i think. ill let u know if i come up w/ more
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 10:06 am

for the first suggestion mate, we would HAVE to use an HTML page and host all of the links on that page or host that page and then have categories. I wouldn't mind keeping it up-to-date. I think those were expressions.... The portal was amazing and with a little extra tweaking and some better posts and posts more often we could definitely have an amazing home page. and yes dark theme
Markoz

Markoz

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 10:14 am

Markoz designs - aka urbanskins is my test board for him. It's ok and hopefully it comes out nice!
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 10:28 am

banner isnt working...

also, i was thinking... what would happen if we tried to develop a completelly text based theme... obviously not the default but for ppl who want faster browsing...
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 10:43 am

ya the header image disappeared for sum reason. and wut u mean text based?
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 11:08 am

like, no images

i was thinking, how about official font is Eurostile? that font is nice and clean happy
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 11:24 am

if u wanna do sumthin w/ smilies, we could use 2 sets(i 4get exactly how it works). i lik the variety in iChats new set

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Pictur15

if u want let me know and ill upload them
Markoz

Markoz

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 11:38 am

About the smilies, i don't like the tongue, the second one in the second row, it looks evil :O

and I do not like the hierarchy - make all categories together, it looks better. wink
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 11:44 am

what do u mean the hierarchy?
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 11:54 am

ya i agree the tongue is a lil wack in leopards ichat, TIgers was kooler, but otherwise they look fine. u could jus use bottom left as tungue
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 12:41 pm

alxmarcond wrote:
like, no images

i was thinking, how about official font is Eurostile? that font is nice and clean happy

no because there is not a theme chooser atm
razar45

razar45

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 2:10 pm

Yeah...supporter sounds like a good idea! how about red for supporter and what about supervisor?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 2:11 pm

razar45 wrote:
Yeah...supporter sounds like a good idea! how about red for supporter and what about supervisor?

Extra Features
Usernames will not be colored, only ranks will be
razar45

razar45

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 2:13 pm

thats worse...Damn....ok still what about supervisor and supporter?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 2:48 pm

Changes are slowly going on right now
razar45

razar45

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 3:00 pm

OMG WTF? you still havent answerd my question!

what about Supporter and supervisor!
Markoz

Markoz

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 3:08 pm

alxmarcond wrote:

It's hard to explain, but alxz knows
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 3:15 pm

Markoz wrote:
alxmarcond wrote:

It's hard to explain, but alxz knows

and he fixed it xD
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 3:16 pm

razar45 wrote:
OMG WTF? you still havent answerd my question!

what about Supporter and supervisor!

Supporter means you support the site either by donating money or by donating something else or if you advertise the site. Where did supervisor come from? Forum Leader will be a person who is not an admin but leads the forum which puts him above a moderator
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 3:25 pm

dam cryin smiley y does it always link me from the quick reply 2 the full page 1?
Markoz

Markoz

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 3:42 pm

I'm the logo guy! tongue
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 3:43 pm

Markoz wrote:
I'm the logo guy! tongue

yep! happy
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 5:10 pm

//Topic moved to public

Read first post of this thread for more info
razar45

razar45

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1March 22nd 2008, 5:13 pm

god damn! supervisor is 1 rank below moderator! so its like a mini mod
Sponsored content

Galaxy GUI 2.0! Vide
PostSubject: Re: Galaxy GUI 2.0!   Galaxy GUI 2.0! Icon_minitime1

Galaxy GUI 2.0!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4 Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: General Discussion :: Trash (read only) -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com