Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux Vide
PostSubject: News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux   News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux Icon_minitime1March 10th 2008, 11:17 pm

yeah i dont think that i will continue GL development actually... sorry guys. the AS people pointed out something really good and made me realise something. i dont have TIME for this at this point in my life. With my school paper and other stuff im juggling (mainly school and girlfriend) i just dont have time or the resources infact. In a few years when this board is massive abnd im in high school and have time cause im going to easy public school next year i think, i will start to develop a Linux From Scratch distrobution and then you guys will have something to ACTUALLY test. for now, ill try to help as much as i can but i suggest you just go and ask over at the ubuntu forums. thanks for your supports you guys wink i thought i was a great concept but i was wrong... sorry to disapoint.

alxmarcond at Aqua-Soft after harsh response wrote:
LFS is a future thing for me. for now all a 13 year with a hell of a lot of home work can pull off is an ultra modded ubuntu. sorry to disapoint. When i graduate from the 8th grade maybe ill be able to do more to please you guys. Thanks for feed back. and Phantom. Ive changed SOME code. I've only changed what i know i can do. Also ubuntu studio is a waste of a DVD imo... just over a CD-R image size and not much more than this. When i make the LFS version of this when im just a tad bit older and have Time and MONEY that i can actually spend on this then i WILL. but atm i just pulled this off partly for school project and partly cause i was slightly bored with writing my dissertation. Private school SUCKS. Have fun with anything you can do with it and thanks again for comments.

PS: The LFS version of this will be AMAZING... i hope obviously more than a week of development and i WILL need help (a not from people who are in LA alxz. i cant really do much without u being here and thats not possible atm.) When i get a car, money, a job, and finish school then i will report here later with my plan for my LFS version. sorry for wasting you time. thanks for the interest. Close the topic if you must.

alxmarcond

Last edited by alxz310 on April 9th 2008, 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
razar45

razar45

PostSubject: Re: News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux   News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux Icon_minitime1March 11th 2008, 12:19 am

maybe i will make somthing like galaxy leopard like a transformation pack or somthing...maybe *gulp* hard to do you know?
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux   News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux Icon_minitime1March 11th 2008, 12:22 am

that would be cool! make it better than that other one u posted about though tongue
razar45

razar45

PostSubject: Re: News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux   News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux Icon_minitime1March 11th 2008, 12:23 am

Yeah that one sucks sad kind of
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux   News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux Icon_minitime1March 11th 2008, 12:24 am

i dont see why it doesnt have any Left to right type thing included in it,,, : /
razar45

razar45

PostSubject: Re: News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux   News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux Icon_minitime1March 11th 2008, 12:27 am

i know :/ weird...anyway......
dremation

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux   News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux Icon_minitime1March 11th 2008, 10:37 pm

Did you actually have a distro done? Were you using CVS? I wouldn't mind checking it out. I told you my thoughts and opinions over on AS. I was heavily envolved in the dev of Fedora 5 and 6 and haven't fooled around since. Don't stop man, never quit! Just take your time and do it right. Try going to sourceforge and creating an opensource project and recuirt devs right on the site. I'm sure if you started this that way youd have a stable distro out within a few months.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux   News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux Icon_minitime1March 12th 2008, 12:01 am

im not quitting completelly. im messing around a bit with the LFS book. At AS they pointed out a good point. i just had a super heavy modded ubuntu... Like ubuntu Studio basically but smaller. When i have money and time i will work professionally on this thing and then, yes, you will be on my list of people to contact. happy no worries mate!
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux   News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux Icon_minitime1March 21st 2008, 7:42 pm

razar45 wrote:
maybe i will make somthing like galaxy leopard like a transformation pack or somthing...maybe *gulp* hard to do you know?

hows that idea coming along? xD
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux   News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux Icon_minitime1March 21st 2008, 8:00 pm

well, u've seen my screenshots so obviously im ready almost tongue i just wouldnt be able to make an installer prolly cause that takes .sh skill which i lack : /
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux   News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux Icon_minitime1

News - Development Ended of Galaxy Linux

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: General Discussion :: Trash (read only) -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com