Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MacCrystal

MacCrystal

PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Vide
PostSubject: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1January 15th 2014, 5:32 pm

I was looking through all the Official PNG Threads the other day, Parts 1, 2 and the current one and thought it would be great if there was a way to view or at least download all the icons that have been posted over the years especially since some of the pages contain lots of broken images now.

So I wrote a little program which goes through a thread and downloads all the images from posts and checks they are not 404'd. Using it on the 3 PNG threads downloaded about 4500 icons. I've zipped them all up and you can download them here if you want (387MB): http://d.pr/f/qV7Z

Please note that these icons are not my own and any attribution lies with the original designers, unfortunately there was no way for the script to quickly identify the person who posted the icon and add that to the file name. So a big thank you to everyone who has posted in the PNG thread over the years! And to the great Admins who have devoted their time to Galaxy GUI smile

Last edited by MacCrystal on January 15th 2014, 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shrantellatessa

Shrantellatessa

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1January 15th 2014, 5:41 pm

Again, thank for this very nice initiative! We need more members like you on the Internet tongue

I don't know why, but the customisation Community has been dying out lately, so I'm glad to see that there are still people out there that as interested in desktop customisation as GGUI smile

I already had most of the icons on this site, but I've just downloaded the collection and it's huge and totally worth checking out! Thanks happy
MacCrystal

MacCrystal

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1January 15th 2014, 5:46 pm

Thank you smile Indeed it is a shame but when it comes to icons and customizing the desktop I think there's certainly still some interest, I think so at least tongue

Unfortunately I'm not a designer, rather a programmer but those skills still came in handy in this case! smile

No worries, I'm glad you liked it! I may have to do the same for the 32px Icon thread too.
MacCrystal

MacCrystal

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1January 15th 2014, 6:22 pm

I've done the same for the 32px Icon thread now too, 708 icons, 4.2MB this time: http://d.pr/f/khOa

Again, attribution resides with the brilliant original designers smile
Shrantellatessa

Shrantellatessa

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1January 15th 2014, 7:07 pm

Hey, thanks! Just grabbed that Collection too happy

I'm no programmer, I'm more like an Amateur designer and a gamer :3

There's still some interest but not as much as a few years back. But we can always bring those glorious days back!
MacCrystal

MacCrystal

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1January 16th 2014, 12:37 pm

Nice! I'm a bit of a gamer too, when I can in my free time at least.

Indeed, the customization community has shrunk quite a bit in the last few years it seems which is a real shame. We most certainly can! We need to lure everyone back :3
Shrantellatessa

Shrantellatessa

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1January 16th 2014, 5:55 pm

I'm a gamer at heart, so I'll always find free time to game no matter what happy

And I have a small idea on how to get some more activity here. Won't do much but it'll be something :3
MacCrystal

MacCrystal

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1January 16th 2014, 7:09 pm

That sounds like a good way to live happy

I am intrigued, what did you have in mind? Or is it hush hush? tongue
Shrantellatessa

Shrantellatessa

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1January 17th 2014, 1:41 pm

I created a desktop customisation kit some time ago, I might release it here too wink
MacCrystal

MacCrystal

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1January 17th 2014, 1:47 pm

That sounds awesome! I for one would certainly be interested happy
Shrantellatessa

Shrantellatessa

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1January 17th 2014, 2:07 pm

Thanks!

I'm kinda feeling too lazy though to make a preview lol But I'll try wink
MacCrystal

MacCrystal

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1January 17th 2014, 2:38 pm

No rush but I look forward to seeing when you do share the preview smile what's in the kit?
Shrantellatessa

Shrantellatessa

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1January 17th 2014, 2:41 pm

Icons & wallpapers wink
MacCrystal

MacCrystal

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1January 17th 2014, 3:15 pm

That sounds very good to me, count be excited smile
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1December 28th 2014, 6:10 am

^ Any chance we could get those re-upped? Always wanted to do what you've done here with the program and would love to get a chance to download them all! Also, nice to see you guys / some activity on here! smile
MacCrystal

MacCrystal

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1December 28th 2014, 10:53 am

Of course, here are the new downloads links, firstly for the 4500 icons across the 3 PNG threads: https://mega.co.nz/#!AIJGyYzA!8BCu-3Lbdv_iE1JAb2vMVPJw3a7EdWkbs3IPpunar9A

And here for the 708 icons in the 32px thread: https://mega.co.nz/#!JFQh2CJJ!9UnpAKnmOOUu89rLD_FrzZ8Y6gB20mmGiiHALBU49_A

Great to see you too SbuxBlaze, so many good memories on GGUI. Shame that it's all quietened down over the past few years with regards to customization though, sad times. Such a change from when it used to be a thriving community, here and on MacThemes as well as the numerous others that closed shop over the past few years. Big thanks to you for all the hard work you've put in over the years and for keeping Galaxy GUI still going smile
Shrantellatessa

Shrantellatessa

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1December 28th 2014, 12:03 pm

Wow! Thanks a lot, MacCrystal happy
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation   PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation Icon_minitime1

PNG & 32px Icon Threads Icon Compilation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: Icons -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com