Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Need some help on a idea.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Need some help on a idea. Vide
PostSubject: Need some help on a idea.   Need some help on a idea. Icon_minitime1March 31st 2009, 9:41 pm

for my computer imaging class i need some help with ideas for my project. I can use photoshop and illustrator. The project is to create three different cd covers with three different genres of music. THe catch is i can only use letter, words and color. Please if u have any ideas post them and explain how to do them if they are difficult thanks
nav94

nav94

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Need some help on a idea.   Need some help on a idea. Icon_minitime1March 31st 2009, 11:10 pm

unhh, I dont have any ideas, but are you in grade 10? We have a course like that in grade 10 called communications technology neutral
.: Stezz :.

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Need some help on a idea.   Need some help on a idea. Icon_minitime1April 1st 2009, 2:34 am

You could do a mash up of letters in different colours filling the whole album, then in block, shadow or sillouette you could have the albums name or band name? Prolly work best for a metal genre with the sillouette? Depends on how you style the lettering to communicate your genre.
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Need some help on a idea.   Need some help on a idea. Icon_minitime1April 1st 2009, 4:25 am

It seems the challenge is to use colours, fonts and arrangment to suit each genre.

So say for hip-hop you use black contrasting with a light colour like white or yellow with grungy/graffiti text. For Heavy Metal you use Black and Red with Gothic fonts, and for Pop you'd use bright, happy colours like pink for a girl band with white.

I think
worried

Just play around with some arrangments, you'll soon stumble upon something you like. wink
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: Need some help on a idea.   Need some help on a idea. Icon_minitime1April 1st 2009, 4:30 am

Check out the Genre Grid view in iTunes, that'll give you a view ideas smile
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Need some help on a idea.   Need some help on a idea. Icon_minitime1April 1st 2009, 11:15 am

(lol, i wrote this on my phone in math class but the safari crashed... heres the short version tongue)

checking out the grid view for the genres in itunes will be good inspiration i think but please pleas please please do not actually but the name of the genre in the CD Art Cover but tahts a *duh* tongue

look at the bands type faces for their names. A good example of this is Metallica. If you see the typeface of Metallica it deffinantly comes across as a grundgy metal band. Another example is Paramores almost indie looking erodedish 3D type face in pink and white. Its obvious its a chick band. Its obvious its Rock. The type face and the colours (all you can use apperantly) really can give a lot away. Think about the three common attributes of a typeface. Style, Serif or non serif, and size.
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: Need some help on a idea.   Need some help on a idea. Icon_minitime1April 1st 2009, 7:04 pm

thanks for the suggestions guys. And i will try to use these suggestions one thing though i can not have the name of a band or something like that. IT must for example if doing rock be the word rock in a way that shows what rock is about but yet also sort of unreadable. any body have any quick sketch they could share
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Need some help on a idea.   Need some help on a idea. Icon_minitime1April 1st 2009, 7:18 pm

ohhhh so it IS a genre label thing then?
ja2pc

ja2pc

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Need some help on a idea.   Need some help on a idea. Icon_minitime1April 1st 2009, 9:10 pm

If you are a fan of Eminem make a cover for Relapse...that is what my bro did. happy
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: Need some help on a idea.   Need some help on a idea. Icon_minitime1April 1st 2009, 9:34 pm

yes it has to be a genera not a specific person.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help on a idea.   Need some help on a idea. Icon_minitime1

Need some help on a idea.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: General Discussion :: Milkyway -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com