Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Let's be the best GUI forum out there

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
ja2pc

ja2pc

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 6th 2009, 4:34 pm

Goobacks wrote:
Wow guys, calm down with the whole calling out RMD and saying they suck.
You are all acting like it's the end of the world with them not liking you, big whoop, it's deskmodding guys...
I personally am still there (I'm surprised) I like jeebus and monstr, they are both pretty nice to me.
Now no more bashing of any forum after this post or you may be punished. Talk about ways to improve this site, not rag on others...

kk crying lets talk about this UI hmm....?
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 6th 2009, 4:47 pm

Genesis wrote:
ja2pc wrote:
sad I got banned from RMD

why are you upset about that??
they suck

true.

they're deskmodders.. big deal.

i would care to be banned from GGui & devART, but not from anywhere else.
Genesis

Genesis

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 6th 2009, 5:21 pm

ruipalmeira wrote:
Genesis wrote:
ja2pc wrote:
sad I got banned from RMD

why are you upset about that??
they suck

true.

they're deskmodders.. big deal.

i would care to be banned from GGui & devART, but not from anywhere else.
My thoguhts exactly.. realisticly most other things suck
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 6th 2009, 5:43 pm

even thair staff is mutnieing... okay just me but still happy

really RMD was just a bunch of people with SOME photoshop skillz and a lot of money :/ right now unless you have to mega deticated people *cough* me and sbux *uncough* in the beggining to stick with it (sorry for leaving btw worried ) your not going anywhere. I havnt seen monstr on his own forums in a LONG while... jeebus even barely posts
ja2pc

ja2pc

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 6th 2009, 5:48 pm

alxmarcond wrote:
even thair staff is mutnieing... okay just me but still happy

really RMD was just a bunch of people with SOME photoshop skillz and a lot of money :/ right now unless you have to mega deticated people *cough* me and sbux *uncough* in the beggining to stick with it (sorry for leaving btw worried ) your not going anywhere. I havnt seen monstr on his own forums in a LONG while... jeebus even barely posts

jeebus is the main B**** I hate him so much
sorry for the language i bleeped it out myself
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 2:38 am

Yes, it was a fail at the "friendly atmosphere" thing they wanted to have going on.
But if you have two dedicated ppl like alxm said, things work out well - i mean ggui is still here and doing great, right?

But anyways, the main point of this thread is idea to make GGUI even better. The design is obviously one of them tongue
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 8:26 am

SbuxBlaze wrote:
Yes, it was a fail at the "friendly atmosphere" thing they wanted to have going on.
But if you have two dedicated ppl like alxm said, things work out well - i mean ggui is still here and doing great, right?

But anyways, the main point of this thread is idea to make GGUI even better. The design is obviously one of them tongue

even when alex wasn't totally in here... the forum kept running tongue

PS : i like the design of the forum tongue, i just think we should talk with no fear about OSX86 for example.. tongue and i think i need more MACOS software and stuff like that ... "free" mac customizing software is always welcome too happy

peace
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 9:33 am

yes Mac OS X customization is something that ggui could improve on. any suggestions on how? we need suggestions and actions people happy ideas are nice if you cant think of actions :/

speaking freely of OSx86 would be okay except for the fact that if one of our members posts a link to something illegal or if they upload something illegal we could be held liable. that part of the forum would have to be extra maintained and super moderated. No links to direct stuff just links to blogs with the links there...

PS: Jeebus made my want to ripp my face off.. litt SoB...
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 11:21 am

Maybe we could try to attract more Gnome/ other Linux UI Customisers, i'd work on some tuts if i could get the damn thing up n running long enough :/
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 1:39 pm

alxmarcond wrote:
yes Mac OS X customization is something that ggui could improve on. any suggestions on how? we need suggestions and actions people happy ideas are nice if you cant think of actions :/

speaking freely of OSx86 would be okay except for the fact that if one of our members posts a link to something illegal or if they upload something illegal we could be held liable. that part of the forum would have to be extra maintained and super moderated. No links to direct stuff just links to blogs with the links there...

PS: Jeebus made my want to ripp my face off.. litt SoB...

What happened?

And good idea BoW, there's already a tutorials section, but its not that active tongue
ja2pc

ja2pc

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 3:22 pm

hey i think we should remake this UI to something attractive like RMD a very simple yet eligent theme. Anybody agreee???
Jowol

Jowol

CAD Master
CAD Master

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 3:37 pm

ja2pc wrote:
hey i think we should remake this UI to something attractive like RMD a very simple yet eligent theme. Anybody agreee???

it can't really be done with a phpbb forum, and they will think we are copying them
Xiloa

Xiloa

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 3:45 pm

I like the top banner just back the grey bg needs a remake
PrekeshC

PrekeshC

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 3:53 pm

i really like GGUI, the community is nice smile i mean I've only been here for a few days now, i mainly registered to release some icons/wallpapers and get feedback but i really like it here tongue.

i'm also at MacThemes, but one thing i really hate about MacThemes is that loads of people just leech, like go on and take files, not even logging in! that's why most posts on their get like 1k+ views within an hour but only get a couple of replies.

only things i would like to be improved here are, the GUI, i mean it looks awesome but if it looked a bit more like the banner at the top?

there should be some sort of system that ensures people give and not just take. I'm a member of a private forum (we are designers but we have everything else there too) and we have this 'money' system, where every post you get some $ (ofc online fake dollars but you know). and dollars could be earned just by posting etc.

dollars should give people more functions in the forum (small things like extra emoticons, to bigger things like name change etc.) and they should be able to be 'given' to other people, so if someone releases an awesome icon, people can almost virtually pay for it.

just a few suggestions tongue
Jowol

Jowol

CAD Master
CAD Master

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 4:02 pm

Xiloa wrote:

honestly the banner doesn't match at all with the rest of the forum, same thing for the icons to see if there's new post. The background is a problem too, I think we should use that space wallpaper we had a little while ago
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 4:21 pm

Jowol wrote:
Xiloa wrote:

honestly the banner doesn't match at all with the rest of the forum, same thing for the icons to see if there's new post. The background is a problem too, I think we should use that space wallpaper we had a little while ago

agree with Jowol aka Joel ? ... the banner needed to be in grayscale at least... but that's just me..

strictly designing stuff such as content boxes souldn't have glossy bars and stuff.. i'd like a more matte layout.. not Like RMD keep it the way it is with just a little twist.

peace

as for the mac customizing... well.. i'll think on that and post my ideas later smile
Neil

Neil

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 4:22 pm

Jowol wrote:
Xiloa wrote:

1+ I remember first coming on this site when Parry told me about it and I loved that background, i'm with Jowol that was a very nice background smile thumbs up
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 4:22 pm

Jowol wrote:
Xiloa wrote:

Oh, thanks for reminding me about it, that's a good idea with the space background
Neil

Neil

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 4:24 pm

Are you going to put it back on? smile
Andrew

Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 5:41 pm

+ 1 for the space background i've always like it happy
ja2pc

ja2pc

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 6:15 pm

I dont think I remember the space BG but I reallyyyyyyyyyy really thing you should loose the main thing being in the middle... put it like on the side and make it looks good please
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 6:33 pm

YAY! Space background that brings me back. It was awesome!

You need to keep it in the middle though, makes it easier for lower res screens.

The currency idea is interesting, but people shouldn't just be credited for awesome releases but also for giving out help and advice (especially if you are suckish in ps like me).
Jowol

Jowol

CAD Master
CAD Master

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 6:45 pm

BOyOfWONDEr wrote:

You need to keep it in the middle though, makes it easier for lower res screens.

The currency idea is interesting, but people shouldn't just be credited for awesome releases but also for giving out help and advice (especially if you are suckish in ps like me).

you got a point, it shouldn't be only about releases
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 9:52 pm

Jowol wrote:
BOyOfWONDEr wrote:

you got a point, it shouldn't be only about releases

X3, i remember underground gui that had that policy.. it kept at least people sharing something.. but not always a nice thing for the peasents who don't really know how to handle PS ..
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1February 7th 2009, 9:59 pm

ja2pc wrote:
I dont think I remember the space BG but I reallyyyyyyyyyy really thing you should loose the main thing being in the middle... put it like on the side and make it looks good please

What do you mean "main thing"?
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's be the best GUI forum out there   Let's be the best GUI forum out there - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Let's be the best GUI forum out there

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Information :: Feedback and Suggestions -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com