Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

iPOD TOUCH 2G update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

iPOD TOUCH 2G update Vide
PostSubject: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1February 4th 2009, 4:24 pm

the 2g itouch is hackable as of now with a tethered jailbreak though, meaning u cannot shut down completey or reboot ur ipod. Here are all the details and look for further updates
http://ijailbreak2g.wordpress.com/
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1February 4th 2009, 8:19 pm

Hmm, wondering if I should try this.
I don't understand though... it's jailbroken, so...? Does it mean its possible to put themes and apps on now?
Goobacks

Goobacks

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1February 4th 2009, 8:20 pm

Yes you can put themes on, only problem is the jailbreak goes away after you turn off or restart your ipod...
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1February 4th 2009, 8:40 pm

everything a jailbreak can do just not permiment. So make sure the thing never goes dead lol
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1February 4th 2009, 9:02 pm

Goobacks wrote:
Yes you can put themes on, only problem is the jailbreak goes away after you turn off or restart your ipod...

Oh jeez...
But didn't I read somewhere that you just have to be connected to a computer in order to restart it?
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1February 5th 2009, 12:05 am

I got it working! And I can reboot too! I just need to go through this annoying boot process lol. Well, I got cydia and winterboard working, installed a theme already... time to put on the songs and apps that were wiped out during my upgrade tongue

WOO happy
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1February 5th 2009, 5:24 am

It's Ok little 1G, you're still relevant sad
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1February 5th 2009, 5:40 am

I'm waiting until there's a proper jailbreak, I don't understand the instructions lol
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 5:17 am

randomus_r wrote:
I'm waiting until there's a proper jailbreak, I don't understand the instructions lol

They worked easy for me tongue
All you need to make sure you have is libusb, which can be installed by putting it into XP compatibility mode on vista

Only annoying thing is the 2 minutes it takes just to reboot the ipod connected to the computer worried. You have to type all these things and reupload, then go. You don't have a comp near you I guess you're screwed - or wait until the battery dies.

Fortunately, that hasn't happened to me haha
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 7:38 am

I can't actually remember the last time I rebooted my iPod, so that's not a big deal lol
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1February 8th 2009, 11:03 am

yeah hopefully a better one will come out soon. they are trying
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1March 18th 2009, 8:02 pm

guys i got a question. Well my birthday is monday and my parents asked me if i want an itouch. With the 2gen hack now out i am reconsidering it a 16gb one. But i was wonder why does macrumors say for the itouch to wait to buy. are they coming out with a new one or just a update in the software which not allow me to hack it. So should i wait or get the one out now.
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1March 18th 2009, 8:20 pm

kflakes15 wrote:
guys i got a question. Well my birthday is monday and my parents asked me if i want an itouch. With the 2gen hack now out i am reconsidering it a 16gb one. But i was wonder why does macrumors say for the itouch to wait to buy. are they coming out with a new one or just a update in the software which not allow me to hack it. So should i wait or get the one out now.

probably there will be released a new itouch with firmware 3.0 which cause of the rumours i heard that must be out in the end of the summer... and you know, upgrading itouch firmwares isn't free... although that there are other sources for firmwares in the web..

whatever flavour you buy of the itouch, just research to see if it's hackable tongue

and there will always be hardware/software updates, them taking your mobile experience to a better or worse experience the fact is that if you are always waiting, you'll never get/buy one :s

peace
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1March 18th 2009, 9:13 pm

if i do hack the 2gen one. They will prob come out with a update on the hacked firmware too right. So basically it is worth it
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1March 18th 2009, 9:39 pm

As of now, the iPod is jailbreakable FOREVER, unless Apple patches the ROM (which the dev team doesnt even think is possible to do), so no matter what firmware, it will be jailbroken
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1March 18th 2009, 10:08 pm

SbuxBlaze wrote:
As of now, the iPod is jailbreakable FOREVER, unless Apple patches the ROM (which the dev team doesnt even think is possible to do), so no matter what firmware, it will be jailbroken

have you heard also that the newest 3.0 firmware that is going to be released in the end of this summer ??

They expect MAJOR changes on this 3.0 firmware.. let's hope so tongue

btw Sbux : did you check the releases/themes section on ipod/iphone ?? i used your envelope icon, hope you don't mind smile

peace
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1March 18th 2009, 11:14 pm

yeah well if apple comes out with a new firmware that is improved for all the people who do have jailbroken ipods i would think there would be a firmware upgrade for them too. There is firmware upgrades for jailbroken itouchs correct. And the 3.0 what changes would there be would it be worth the wait even thought there could be a hacked 3.0 firmware. Sorry for all the questions i dont know much about the itouch
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1March 19th 2009, 12:09 am

kflakes15 wrote:
yeah well if apple comes out with a new firmware that is improved for all the people who do have jailbroken ipods i would think there would be a firmware upgrade for them too. There is firmware upgrades for jailbroken itouchs correct. And the 3.0 what changes would there be would it be worth the wait even thought there could be a hacked 3.0 firmware. Sorry for all the questions i dont know much about the itouch

It will only worth the wait if apple launches another version of the itouch ( and you reaaaally want it) alongside the 3.0 firmware, which means, that if you find a "3G" itouch better uma can get that or get a cheaper 2G and even to to a bigger hard drive size.. So whichever one you choose , i think a little wait will compensate tongue .. If they dont release an hardware update, you might get the 2G with the same price as it is.. But if they do upgrade itouch hardware wise, you might get it waaay cheaper
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1March 19th 2009, 5:21 am

It's difficult, because Apple is such a secretive company. But where you stand now is;

- iPod Touch 2G is now easy to jailbreak on the latest firmware (2.2.1)
- iPhone OS (which is what the iPod Touch runs) 3.0 has been previewed and released to developers. It will be available to everyone in June, but it's perfectly jailbreakable
- There are rumors of a new iPhone (and maybe a new iPod Touch) around the same time as the OS 3.0 release. But then there are also people that say these rumors are bullsh!t.
- You do need to keep in mind that when OS 3.0 is released, it will cost you $10 as you're on an iPod Touch. If you wait until it's relased, then buy your iPod Touch, it'll probably be included. But, if they do bring out a new iPod Touch you'll end up paying even more.

To be honest, it would make sense to get one now. It's sods law that if you wait - Apple won't update it. If you buy one now, they're gonna update it. tongue
Just buy one now, you'll love it happy
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1March 19th 2009, 7:55 am

randomus_r wrote:
It's difficult, because Apple is such a secretive company. But where you stand now is;

- iPod Touch 2G is now easy to jailbreak on the latest firmware (2.2.1)
- iPhone OS (which is what the iPod Touch runs) 3.0 has been previewed and released to developers. It will be available to everyone in June, but it's perfectly jailbreakable
- There are rumors of a new iPhone (and maybe a new iPod Touch) around the same time as the OS 3.0 release. But then there are also people that say these rumors are bullsh!t.
- You do need to keep in mind that when OS 3.0 is released, it will cost you $10 as you're on an iPod Touch. If you wait until it's relased, then buy your iPod Touch, it'll probably be included. But, if they do bring out a new iPod Touch you'll end up paying even more.

To be honest, it would make sense to get one now. It's sods law that if you wait - Apple won't update it. If you buy one now, they're gonna update it. tongue
Just buy one now, you'll love it happy

can't you do like we (iphone owners) do ? like download some firmware from the web, and applying it through itunes to the itouch ? i thought that was possible tongue
randomus_r

randomus_r

Resident Artist
Resident Artist

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1March 19th 2009, 8:23 am

Huh? I don't quite get what you mean worried
If you're talking about a jailbreak, you can now. You couldn't before because the second generation iPod touch had a different piece of hardware that blocked the existing jailbreak, and new one had to be developed
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1March 19th 2009, 3:02 pm

so basically i can get the itouch 2g now and if a new os come up pay for that of course and then have the newest os. But will a jailbroken 3.0 os come out, And really what would they do to the itouch. All i can think of is things that will add to the price
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1March 19th 2009, 3:32 pm

Hmmm, i don't remember paying for any firmware updates, and i got mine pre-2.0 mouth zipped
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1March 19th 2009, 3:39 pm

lol ok well like i said if a 3.o comes out for itouch there should be a hacked 3.o too. Any is there any hints on what the new itouch would have
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1March 19th 2009, 3:53 pm

I would think they would focus on updates to make it better for gaming like better hardware, i would not expect any aesthetic changes. Standard better battery and what not.

And a LAZOR! wink
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: iPOD TOUCH 2G update   iPOD TOUCH 2G update Icon_minitime1

iPOD TOUCH 2G update

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: iPod and iPhone :: Discussion and Support -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com