Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

MacBook Pro

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Neil

Neil

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1December 8th 2008, 5:27 pm

This year for chirstmas, if my Dad can, he's getting me the MacBook Pro, if not the MacBook.

MacBook Pro Standard Configuration:

2.4GHz

* Intel Core 2 Duo
* 15-inch widescreen
* 2GB Memory
* 250GB hard drive1
* NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT with 256MB

£1,368.99

I'm a Graphics Designer (Photoshop) and going to start Video Editing, probably with Final Cut.
Is this good enough for me? I will probably be getting this one anyway, but it would be nice to know, espically from MacBook Pro owners... smile
Rob

Rob

I'm New
I'm New

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: Re: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1December 8th 2008, 5:30 pm

tbh that's way overpriced.

but then again, so is everything apple. :/
GoSco

GoSco

Administrator
Administrator

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: Re: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1December 8th 2008, 6:23 pm

Yeah, it will be perfect for you wink

Mind you, I got the Alu MacBook and it is brilliant. Up to you if you want your Dad to shed out and extra £400

I am a graphic designer and I use Photoshop CS3 all the time. I don't have Final Cut Pro but it will work just as well.

There is very little difference, tbh. Only a slightly bigger screen and a bigger HD. You are better off buying a 1TB External for less than £100 and then you would have a much bigger HD and you will have some extra money too.

End of the day it is up to you, but I hope that helps wink
Neil

Neil

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: Re: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1December 8th 2008, 6:33 pm

I would probably prefer the 15" screen, when I first saw the MacBook, I thought it was a bit small but I'd still get it for sure, and thanks for mentioning a External HD, I'll probably get one tongue

Yeah, thanks for the reply, making me more excited about Christmas now smile
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: Re: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1December 8th 2008, 9:59 pm

It's more than good, that's why its a macbook pro wink
pjdark

pjdark

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: Re: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1December 9th 2008, 12:33 am

What's dad getting? And don't say Brute or Aquavelva. Haha. On second thought.......
GoSco

GoSco

Administrator
Administrator

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: Re: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1December 9th 2008, 11:51 am

In my opinion, you are better off with a normal MacBook. Pro's are just over priced. My MacBook has 2GB Ram and Intel Core 2 Duo processor. All you are paying the extra for is about 100 extra GB, 2 inches more of a screen and keys that light up when you press a button wink
Lbroskee

Lbroskee

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: Re: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1December 9th 2008, 11:58 am

the reg macbooks keys light up 2 now from wut i saw
Neil

Neil

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: Re: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1December 9th 2008, 1:11 pm

Yeah, only the more expensive one though tongue
.: Stezz :.

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: Re: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1December 9th 2008, 6:11 pm

Dependes, If you want firewire capability, go for a Pro, spec wise, it doesn't seem much different from the macbook, but preformance wise, its a hella lot better...

eitherway, a macbook is a macbook happy and they all preform very nicley.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: Re: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1December 9th 2008, 7:41 pm

Hmm, well if you want to save a couple hundred dollars you could go with the upper scale macbook instead of the pro, you would be having only 13.3" of screen size, so if its important for you then go with the pro
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: Re: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1December 11th 2008, 10:20 pm

.: Stezz :. wrote:
Dependes, If you want firewire capability, go for a Pro, spec wise, it doesn't seem much different from the macbook, but preformance wise, its a hella lot better...

firewire is outdated... just GET A PC , and install Apple OSX on it (just kidding)..

but really usb2.0 connections are way superior to Firewire ones... and i probably would by the normal macbook, and then buy some other non apple stuff like external hd which are not that expensive...

but if you have the money, i wouldn't go on the Macbook pro for video editing... doesn't seem reliable... i would go for a MAC pro.. a desktop yes.. desktops are stable for real work... a laptop always ends with broken hard drives and stuff... unless you can buy an Apple with 250Gb of SSD disk.. which is for now impossible :s

good luck on whichever version u choose... remember it's apple. it's unix based.. so yeah happy
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: Re: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1December 11th 2008, 11:08 pm

but the whole point of a laptop is for one the go so if ur on the go, go with a laptop and get a portable external hd then or a usb stick. I have a 500gb external non portable for my sucky dekstop now and a 2gb and 1gb usb stick
go with the laptop but choose the specs and stuff based on the money u have it my suggestion
Neil

Neil

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: Re: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1December 12th 2008, 11:58 am

ruipalmeira wrote:
.: Stezz :. wrote:

firewire is outdated... just GET A PC , and install Apple OSX on it (just kidding)..

but really usb2.0 connections are way superior to Firewire ones... and i probably would by the normal macbook, and then buy some other non apple stuff like external hd which are not that expensive...

but if you have the money, i wouldn't go on the Macbook pro for video editing... doesn't seem reliable... i would go for a MAC pro.. a desktop yes.. desktops are stable for real work... a laptop always ends with broken hard drives and stuff... unless you can buy an Apple with 250Gb of SSD disk.. which is for now impossible :s

good luck on whichever version u choose... remember it's apple. it's unix based.. so yeah happy

Yeah, if I could I would get the iMac, but there is no room for it, besides Mac Pro is too expensive for me right now, im only 14, maybe when im older lol..

SbuxBlaze wrote:
Hmm, well if you want to save a couple hundred dollars you could go with the upper scale macbook instead of the pro, you would be having only 13.3" of screen size, so if its important for you then go with the pro

I know its not much, but I would like the bigger screen, and like I said if my dad can't get the Pro he'll get me the MacBook, so its all good smile
ruipalmeira

ruipalmeira

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: Re: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1December 14th 2008, 11:48 pm

Neil wrote:
SbuxBlaze wrote:

I know its not much, but I would like the bigger screen, and like I said if my dad can't get the Pro he'll get me the MacBook, so its all good smile

just get a bigger lcd... so you can work freely at home tongue
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: Re: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1December 14th 2008, 11:53 pm

lol
that is true when i get a laptop mac or win7 i will hook it up to my monitor on my desk when i am working there. U need a special vga adapter for the mac right u just cant use a pc one
Sponsored content

MacBook Pro Vide
PostSubject: Re: MacBook Pro   MacBook Pro Icon_minitime1

MacBook Pro

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Operating Systems :: Mac OSX Discussion -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com