Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Holiday Banner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 8:44 am

First, I really like the new holiday banner. Ummm... When I click the banner, it opens up a new tab and then loads the GGUI homepage. I know it should go the homepage but not in another tab. Just wanted to let you know. wink
Cookie

I'm New
I'm New

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 10:58 am

For me it opens in a new window. Maybe you need to verify the preferences of your browser ?
MacDeviant

MacDeviant

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 11:30 am

Yes, it opens a new window for me as well...
.: Stezz :.

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 12:02 pm

Ohh, that looks well nice, using flash was a good idea happy
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 12:53 pm

Yes, I've noticed this bug as well.
I'll try to see if it can be worked out later today
Jowol

Jowol

CAD Master
CAD Master

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 12:58 pm

Quote :
Being honest, a flash banner like above, ie. Moving content. Is too distracting from the website.

A banner is an important feature, and should catch attention from users, but it shouldn't grab there attention when they're attemping to view the site's content.

(may I have the PSD from the actual banner, to design a holiday one.)

It true that it distracting from the main site, I passed an hour looking at that banner and being amaze of it moving lol.
Andrew

Andrew

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 1:23 pm

I didn't save the fla. so i have to redo it ,but i'm going to see if it will let me redirect instead of using the geturl function. It should be fixed later today when I get off work.
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 2:09 pm

New tab for me

Last edited by BOyOfWONDEr on December 3rd 2008, 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 3:26 pm

opens galaxygui.com in a new tab for me, when I click it... Is that what it's ment to do?
kflakes15

kflakes15

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 3:43 pm

me too looks good though
Andrew

Andrew

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 4:02 pm

hmm its weird. This is the action script involved in linking with flash:

this.onRelease = function(){
getURL("https://galaxygui.forumotion.com");
}

By default flash should navigate to the link in the same window. To open in a new window you would have to add ,"_blank" after the url. So honestly I don't know whats causing it to open a new tab. I'll see if I can figure it out just give me till the end of the day.
GoSco

GoSco

Administrator
Administrator

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 8:17 pm

It does open it in a new window/tab for me, I'm not sure what is up with that. For now, if it is really that much of a problem for you, can't you just click to home icon for now please if you wish to return home?
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 10:20 pm

It isn't a bother. I just pointed it out.
pjdark

pjdark

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 10:58 pm

I see nothing but a blank white space for the banner. sad
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 11:24 pm

pjdark wrote:
I see nothing but a blank white space for the banner. sad

Perhaps it was just loading?
Andrew

Andrew

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 11:33 pm

it's less than 90 kb, even on a slow computer it should load instantly. Try clearing your browser's cache.
pjdark

pjdark

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 4th 2008, 4:45 am

@ SbuxBlaze..... No, i even refreshed 4-5 times got nothing. Page was loaded.

@AMGxx...... Yeah, i was at work on my *gasp* Windows 2000 PC. I do corporate security, and our computer has weird filtering systems so who knows. lol.

Anyways at home on my mac, and it looks Awesome!!!! Great job man. Really captures the nice warm feeling of Christmas. smile

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1December 4th 2008, 12:23 pm

I use NoScript for Firefox, so by default I had to enable the flash, maybe its same same foe you PJDark?

Edit: Ahh it was at work...
Sponsored content

Holiday Banner Vide
PostSubject: Re: Holiday Banner   Holiday Banner Icon_minitime1

Holiday Banner

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Information :: Feedback and Suggestions -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com