Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control Vide
PostSubject: Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control   Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control Icon_minitime1November 30th 2008, 6:58 am

I've recently been having some really bad memory leak problems with Firefox 3.0.4 on Vista Ultimate... Normally for me it uses up to 250MB of memory. Whenever I load a movie or flash games once, the memory usage spikes up to around 300MB and stays there. Right now it just went off the roof and is at 420MB while I have one tab open, just typing this.

Anyone know if there is a solution for this problem or should I just stick with Google Chrome?

Here is a picture of my CPU/memory usage before and after firefox. You can notice when it was closed tongue
Was about 868MB, then dipped to 455MB

Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control Firefoxmem1
Andrew

Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control   Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control Icon_minitime1November 30th 2008, 6:59 pm

do you use a lot of add-on's? that could be the problem. You probably already read this but http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/High+memory+usage

And I thought Chrome had security issues.
cNone

cNone

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control   Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control Icon_minitime1December 1st 2008, 3:44 am

firefox sucks all the way use opera, if your priority is safety and performance instead of customizing of course;)
.: Stezz :.

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control   Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control Icon_minitime1December 1st 2008, 5:56 pm

cNone wrote:
firefox sucks all the way use opera, if your priority is safety and performance instead of customizing of course;)

Firefox dominates, end of. tongue

I have had a similar problem, but that was with the beta, firefox 3 runs perfectly for me, and I only use 3 add ons - NoScript and AdBlock+ and the Glazz (aeroify happy).
Andrew

Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control   Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control Icon_minitime1December 1st 2008, 9:19 pm

have you tried opera?

I hadn't tried it, until recently since FF keeps crashing on me.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control   Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control Icon_minitime1December 1st 2008, 9:39 pm

AMGxx wrote:
have you tried opera?

I used it for a few months on an older computer, not too fond of it though
Andrew

Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control   Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control Icon_minitime1December 1st 2008, 9:41 pm

really? I love it. It's like FF and chrome combined in one.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control   Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control Icon_minitime1December 1st 2008, 9:44 pm

Well, to tell you the truth I just installed it and it's not half bad. I think it's a very good browser, it will just take some time getting used to
pjdark

pjdark

Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PostSubject: Re: Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control   Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control Icon_minitime1December 2nd 2008, 7:29 pm

I have been using Firefox forever it seems like, but now am converted to opera. Great browser, and runs much better for me than Firefox. Have not tried the Google Chrome yet, but i hear it's very fast.
.: Stezz :.

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control   Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control Icon_minitime1December 3rd 2008, 12:12 pm

SbuxBlaze wrote:
AMGxx wrote:
have you tried opera?

I used it for a few months on an older computer, not too fond of it though

My thoughts exactly... Gave it a try, thought it wasn't brilliant and went back to firefox.
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control   Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control Icon_minitime1

Firefox 3 Memory Leaks out of Control

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: Tech Related :: Software -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com