Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

[CAD] iFinder

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
parry

parry

Subscriber
Subscriber

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1November 24th 2008, 3:59 pm

Ok this is a preview of a skin I'm working on named iFinder. Below is screenshot of what I have so far but I would like some input from everyone on what looks good/bad and what could be changed.

The equalizer on the theme is animated smile
[CAD] iFinder Untitled-2-3usvn

Last edited by parry on November 25th 2008, 6:32 am; edited 3 times in total
Goobacks

Goobacks

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: Re: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1November 24th 2008, 4:03 pm

Looking good parry.
Might want to move the controls a little to the right, they seem too far left.
Also maybe add a little gloss shine over the cover?
And idk if you mean you actually don't know how to add song info, or have no ideas for it.
I can help ya out if you need it for anything, testing, fonts, graphic work, w/e lol
But I wont respond to this thread until late tonight after work (2pm-11pm)
parry

parry

Subscriber
Subscriber

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: Re: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1November 24th 2008, 4:07 pm

Yeah I've already moved the buttons over now, looks better happy
I may add a shine in later depending how it looks.

I know how to add the song info, I just can't think of a way to incorporate it into the skin without the white area looking to bare.
dongolo

dongolo

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: Re: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1November 24th 2008, 4:08 pm

can you make a black version parry??? dont like that color tongue
Shifty Lem

Shifty Lem

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: Re: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1November 24th 2008, 4:15 pm

Personally I'd put the rating and time on the bottom(status) bar that is if you are putting them in that is, maybe add a progress bar to the top next to the volume bar leaves the white panel free for other info (song title, album etc)
Shifty Lem

Shifty Lem

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: Re: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1November 24th 2008, 4:20 pm

saying that you could put the album name at the top as a title like iTunes, time in the bottom bar at the left like the status in folders and other such things the rest of it put in the white panel and now I'm kinda rambling and letting idea's run wild but hey you can always ignore them.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: Re: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1November 24th 2008, 4:22 pm

Move those buttons to the right!
Maybe like Goobacks said, add some shine effects to the album cover, Perhaps add the song info and rating in the white spot to the right? See how that is maybe wink

Edit: I'm not sure what, but there's something weird about it. Maybe because it looks very iTunish, not like finder tongue. Or do you wanna keep it like that?
parry

parry

Subscriber
Subscriber

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: Re: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1November 24th 2008, 4:40 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions so far happy

I'm having a little problem, the volume scrollbar is squashed on the actual skin despite the zoom size being set to 100?
parry

parry

Subscriber
Subscriber

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: Re: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1November 25th 2008, 6:29 am

Updated the preview in the first post happy
Shifty Lem

Shifty Lem

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: Re: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1November 25th 2008, 11:19 am

Liking the look of it now Parry, to me it looks ready for release but that's up to you to decide.
parry

parry

Subscriber
Subscriber

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: Re: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1November 25th 2008, 1:31 pm

I've also added a progress bar at the bottom and also a mini version of the skin.

I'll update the preview later.
dongolo

dongolo

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: Re: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1November 25th 2008, 1:53 pm

parry this version is fine ... but i use more dark VS ... can you make a darken version of this CDA skin???

thanks happy
GoSco

GoSco

Administrator
Administrator

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: Re: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1November 25th 2008, 1:55 pm

Good if you can get it working. I presume you got the resources from Rick Patrick, you will need permission before you can release.
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: Re: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1November 25th 2008, 3:08 pm

Updated version looks nice! smile
Jowol

Jowol

CAD Master
CAD Master

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: Re: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1November 25th 2008, 4:42 pm

Can't wait for that one, it look way too hot lol.
parry

parry

Subscriber
Subscriber

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: Re: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1November 26th 2008, 5:05 am

dongolo wrote:
parry this version is fine ... but i use more dark VS ... can you make a darken version of this CDA skin???

If I do decide to do a dark version it will be in the future smile

GoSco wrote:
Good if you can get it working. I presume you got the resources from Rick Patrick, you will need permission before you can release.

Thanks, everything works on it now wink Indeed I did get the resources from Rick, that's my last step before release :p

SbuxBlaze wrote:
Updated version looks nice! smile

Thanks mate smile

Jowol wrote:
Can't wait for that one, it look way too hot lol.

lol Thanks happy

Shifty Lem wrote:
Liking the look of it now Parry, to me it looks ready for release but that's up to you to decide.

I've decided I'll release it once I get permission smile
Sponsored content

[CAD] iFinder Vide
PostSubject: Re: [CAD] iFinder   [CAD] iFinder Icon_minitime1

[CAD] iFinder

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: Work in Progress -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com