Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

new to 2.1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 8th 2008, 8:50 pm

hey guys. haven't been on here for a while. well, mainly cause i didn't have anything to share to the community. lol

anyway, i finally upgraded to the 2.1 firmware and jailbroke it using quickpwn so i have cydia and installer now. i would like to ask for sources you guys could recommend mostly for games and utilites. and is there a way i could get stuff from the appstore for free like asphalt4, crash nitro kart, etc etc...

thanks in advance guys.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 8th 2008, 11:41 pm

most of the sources that are good are preinstalled. look for the package "All sources and install it" You'll get the most updates. Not many games from Cydia yet and dont use installer on 2.1 because it will really mess up you icon arrangments. One source u need to get if u want to crack is cydia.hackulo.us

install installous and appshare from there. Launch appshare then go into Monkeys Ball and search for what ever app u want, hit download, hit install then wait, if it gives u an error its ok it should work fine. Then launch installous, tap on the app u just downloaded and hit install, wait a bit and hit home, no need to respring there because it installs as an appstore application :O that makes for easy removal ^_^ Some good programs u might want to download right off the bat are BossPrefs, BossTools, Winterboard, Customize (although its only good for editing string atm) Backgrounder (lets u play MobileScrobbler or Pandora in the back ground) psx4all, genisis3iPhone, quake4iPhone, gpSPhone, Mobile Finder, dTunes, BeejiveIM (u need to get that one cracked) MacMan (Pacman clone) Jaadu VNC (u can use ur computer from ur iPod or iPhone) AirMouse (makes ur iphone like a laptop mouse pad, which is beast for a wireless mouse ^_^), also raging thunder is better than asphalt4 wink and fieldrunners is the best game for the iPhone/iPod Touch ever happy

Forgot to mention MxTube, lets u download youtube videos to ur iPhone :O
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 9th 2008, 9:01 am

wow. this appshare is slow O_O

gee, it keeps timing out when it downloads the app. i can't get past 5% without it timing out but my wi-fi signal is strong.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 9th 2008, 4:11 pm

try on 3g? try hitting download instead of install
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 9th 2008, 5:20 pm

i'm using an ipod touch. :p

i tried both and still times out. i'll try now when there's less traffic on our network.
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 9th 2008, 6:57 pm

hmmm, then go and google for The Monkeys Ball on google and download from the actual site
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 10th 2008, 3:37 am

i give up. it still keeps timing out. is there another method on getting cracked apps?
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 10th 2008, 5:44 am

argh! i did openssh via winscp and i had to replace the mobileinstallation file and set the permissions for the file and the folder correctly. then i had to respring so i used the respring app, now my ipod just resprings. the main page wont load.

edit: just restored my ipod back to normal 2.1 gonna jailbreak it again
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 10th 2008, 11:15 am

I can never get that monkeys ball thing to work so i just go on the appulo.us site which is fine smile

Oh and I tried out fieldrunners...EPIC!!!

(Don't mess with mobileinstallation or mobile substrate or anything like that)
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 10th 2008, 4:31 pm

yeah wayy too much work and its really risky, even the one available in Cydia is not good for me tongue appulo.us search doesnt work for me :/ and yes, that whole genere of game is my absolute fav ^_^ so simple yet fun happy
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 10th 2008, 4:48 pm

I freaked out at first because i thought the sound on my iPod was broken, then i saw that they hadn't included it yet XD

Also de blob is quite a fun game but that might just be my arty side coming through.
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 10th 2008, 9:51 pm

well i now know how to install .app formats via SSH. i'm planning to do .ipa but that means i need to open an itunes account because it says i need to download at least one app from the app store. T_T

i have bejeweled2, crash nitro kart, and iBeer(just for lulz). then i have quake4iphone, mxtube, and respring from cydia. and i downloaded rename from installer.

anyone got links to where i can download .app format files. i only got this site.
http://askjohntabouttheiphone.blogspot.com/
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 3:35 am

hmmm. well now i can download something completely from themonkeysball. just wanna double check because my new app doesn't appear. i downloaded raging thunder. it downloaded 100% then i went to installous and made it installed. then when i exited, there's no new icon for raging thunder. a respring didn't work too.
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 5:55 am

If you have bossprefs, go into the poof section and look for your new app and check that it isn't off by default because I had that problem. Just switch it to on, press the home button and let it respring.

Edit: You can extract app folders from ipa's using 7-zip or winzip.
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 6:40 am

will try those out, thanks. i'm about to make an itunes account also just in case i become lazy to do all this over and over again. ;P

gawd i'm such a n00b. *headesk*
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 6:45 am

No worries i was a noob once too. I usually just use iTunes now and use cracked apps to test the big purchases to check i'm not gonna regret it. Much easier smile
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 6:46 am

i just want to get koi pond sad
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 7:32 am

Koi Pond i found was not that great... i ended up actually muying it becuase of the water physics but AquaForest (OE-CAKE) is much better for that tongue

ah yes, try NOT using appshare and just using safari on the appulo.us mobile site (should automagically go to the mobile on mobilesafari)
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 8:24 am

weird. i downloaded bosspref and the icons were on already. so i turned it off then back on again yet, raging thunder isn't there still. O_O
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 8:30 am

Yeah just keep resetting the permissions and you should get it eventually, i've found with some that if you download categories that if you put them in categories then they show up even if they don't on the springboard so try that smile
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 9:47 am

ew on the catagories sugestion... catagories seriously slowed down my iPhone... im planning on trying to overclock my iPhone btw, ill let u know how it goes *hopes he doesnt blow up his phone*
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 9:54 am

*hears explosion* confused

Good luck with that, and categories i find works better than having four pages of apps
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 10:01 am

haha, i like four pages of apps, makes me feel like im using the phone for reals xD and i separate the pages into catagories (except for the home page cause that one will ALWAYS stay the same unless they release an amazig application, then i will have to remove something... probably the appstore xD
jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 10:03 am

yeah. i like having more icons. :p but i hate having icons on my laptop. :p

well, i did the extract .app file from .ipa and so far so good. i'm installing spore origins right now via winscp. 89% copied, hope it all goes well. smile
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1October 11th 2008, 10:11 am

make sure to right click the folder hit properties and change the permissions to 0777 and check change permissions recursivly wink
Sponsored content

new to 2.1 Vide
PostSubject: Re: new to 2.1   new to 2.1 Icon_minitime1

new to 2.1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: GUI Customization :: iPod and iPhone :: Discussion and Support -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com