Galaxy GUI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Universe of Customization

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Galaxy GUI v2 Coming Soon - Stay Tuned for Details

[website] My College's website competition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
.: Stezz :.

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

[website] My College's website competition Vide
PostSubject: [website] My College's website competition   [website] My College's website competition Icon_minitime1September 19th 2008, 11:25 am

http://fc72.deviantart.com/fs37/f/2008/263/0/b/Stratford_College_website_wip_by_Stezy07.png

K, thats what I got so far. All I gotta do is make a website, only in images, hand them over to my college, they'll code it and walla! So I need opinions lol, lots of em XD.

Prize is a macbook/laptop... so erm yah, I wanna do well tongue

Thanks for any opinions you give and time for looking at mah work, chars tongue
StupidGirl

StupidGirl

PostSubject: Re: [website] My College's website competition   [website] My College's website competition Icon_minitime1September 19th 2008, 12:08 pm

wow, awesome contest and prize. it looks good so far. does it have to be so business site professional looking?
GoSco

GoSco

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [website] My College's website competition   [website] My College's website competition Icon_minitime1September 19th 2008, 12:42 pm

Wow, well done. Great prize and great site. I'd be surprised if there is a better entry. I would change some of the fonts and text a bit and remove the noise off the background wink
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: [website] My College's website competition   [website] My College's website competition Icon_minitime1September 19th 2008, 3:14 pm

May as well set up a space for that laptop mate it's in the bag wink

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: [website] My College's website competition   [website] My College's website competition Icon_minitime1September 19th 2008, 5:17 pm

lol cheers.

I'm trying to go for a pro look, but incorporate some swish design into it aswell, hence some noise in the BG, some fukny logo lol, and yeah, but I will pobably change fonts and clean it up a bit, cheers for the input guys.
proddie

proddie

PostSubject: Re: [website] My College's website competition   [website] My College's website competition Icon_minitime1September 19th 2008, 5:27 pm

Your going to win i know it happy
airf0rce0ne

airf0rce0ne

I'm New
I'm New

PostSubject: Re: [website] My College's website competition   [website] My College's website competition Icon_minitime1September 19th 2008, 6:15 pm

Well I don't know if this is intentional or not but the "p" in prospectus appears lower case while all the other headings start with uppercase letters. For consistency sake you may want to upper case that as well.

Also, on the right side below "developing destinies", the the arrows that point left and right...it would be nice, as someone using the site, to know all the things I'm switching to with those arrows.

Everything else is pretty much amazing, I wish my school's web page looked like that. Nice Job smile
SbuxBlaze

SbuxBlaze

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [website] My College's website competition   [website] My College's website competition Icon_minitime1September 19th 2008, 6:52 pm

Change the font, looks very unsmoothed - or is it just the OS you're using?

Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: [website] My College's website competition   [website] My College's website competition Icon_minitime1September 19th 2008, 7:15 pm

airf0rce0ne wrote:
Well I don't know if this is intentional or not but the "p" in prospectus appears lower case while all the other headings start with uppercase letters. For consistency sake you may want to upper case that as well.

Also, on the right side below "developing destinies", the the arrows that point left and right...it would be nice, as someone using the site, to know all the things I'm switching to with those arrows.

Everything else is pretty much amazing, I wish my school's web page looked like that. Nice Job smile

Oh cheers dude, I totally missed that xD Thanks ALOT! happy

Oh the font smoothing, could be, I'm on Photoshop on XP using simple 'ol tahoma, I use no-aliasing. Since I see loads of website previews using this text layout, I just follow lol, but when I get a live preview working, I'll get a cleartype preview up! happy
GoSco

GoSco

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [website] My College's website competition   [website] My College's website competition Icon_minitime1September 20th 2008, 7:35 am

I just noticed, it would be better on the nav header is the order was: Home News Mail Sitemap wink
alxmarcond

alxmarcond

Community Leader
Community Leader

PostSubject: Re: [website] My College's website competition   [website] My College's website competition Icon_minitime1September 20th 2008, 7:46 am

i LOVE everything about it EXCEPT the red. it clashes with the whole blue, and i know, i know red and blue are complimentary colours but they're not visually pleasing like that. That harsh gradient and the red looks unprofessional and not clean at all. Other than that, i suggest not putting sound in the bg because it takes longer to load the web page and secondly, i also think that you would bode well buying yourself a MacBook case some time soon wink
BOyOfWONDEr

BOyOfWONDEr

PostSubject: Re: [website] My College's website competition   [website] My College's website competition Icon_minitime1September 20th 2008, 8:14 am

Could i suggest rounding the edges of the top nav bar maybe just the Left side confused
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [website] My College's website competition   [website] My College's website competition Icon_minitime1

[website] My College's website competition

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Galaxy GUI :: General Discussion :: Milkyway -
RSS Feed  

Topic and post times are displayed in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) for guests
Go to Top · Contact Us · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

Creative Commons 3.0 License. Last update: February 29, 2012
All trademarks mentioned on this page are the property of their respective owners

Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com